Emergent Biosolutions Employee Review

View all Emergent Biosolutions reviews

Overall a decent place to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI24 June 2014
I was in charge of completing testing on animals using the anthrax virus and vaccine. I would clean caging,feed and water animals, complete housekeeping, They had me start revising and authoring SOP's. I was a certified trainer as well and in charge of training staff.I learned that the job possessed a great deal of growth. If you showed desire to learn they offered classes and training. I learned what it takes working in an environment that is highly FDA regulated. My co-workers were great. we worked well as a team and we would all hang out after work/go to lunches together. For the most part i liked management there. They were fair and allowed the employees to do their job. Hardest part of the job was having to test animals. What I enjoyed most was the family atmosphere I had with my coworkers and that I learned a lot there.
Pros
Excellent culture and morale
Cons
Was asked to take on more responsibility and yet get paid the same.

Other Emergent Biosolutions Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and grow, but be patient.
Microbiologist / Specialist I, QC Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MI6 November 2019
It was a fast paced, execting environment with enough mentors and walking examples that can show you the culture and expectations. Upper mgmt were as transparent as they could reasonably be, and held regular meetings to explain the plans and and finiancial goals regularly. Much was expected at times but was a human place to work with some flexibility. The best part of the job was knowing your work could preserve life.
Good place to learn a lot
Pharmaceutical manufacturing lab associates (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MI24 October 2019
Overall my personal experience has been pretty good. I work with a decent group of individuals, i have a flexible schedule, on site gym, security, cafeteria, and management tries to be accommodating. Its not perfect but i have been to worse.
Cons
HR could be more efficient

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Emergent Biosolutions. Our community is ready to answer.