Factorie
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Factorie Employee Reviews

New Zealand19 reviews
Factorie was one of the coolest work environments. All the staff were around the same age, and the customers were the same. Store was a really cool atmosphere. Unfortunately the overall experience was let down by an average manager who gave the absolute minimum hours and had clear favoritism amongst the staff. There was really average support for closing staff, we were expected to stay over time cleaning the store from top to bottom and we weren't paid for this. Sometimes it took up to an hour. And if it wasn't done you got in trouble the next day. Would definitely work there again under new management.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor hours, manager, messy, poor support for staff
Fast fashion is a horrible industry to work in and Cotton On LTD is probably ome of the worst. We didn't have a manager for a month and I basically had to work everyday on my own because other workers wouldn't pull their weight and there was no authority to contact. Neglected my wants and needs as a worker and the regional manager was a complete imbecile. Good job for a highschooler for a Summer but otherwise do not bother.
As a new employee I had many questions about the day to day procedures so I tried to turn to senior co workers who have been working there longer for help but they were too busy talking to each other about their weekend and other co workers, where I had to stand around and wait for them to finish talking to actually get on with my job because I didn't know what to do.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad worker environment
The brand itself is where i usually shop and i love to work in a positive environment. I met alot of new people and even better getting staff discounts is even more fun!
Pros
Staff discounts
I didn't particularly enjoy the job too much as I was only put onto the roster a handful of times and so I couldn't help but feel disappointed. The overall job is likely to be enjoyable for people that are very cheerful and enthusiastic about everything, however I felt it a little excessive to be constantly reminded to plaster a fake smile and hit every customer with the same lines.
Pros
50% off products
Cons
Messy environment during busy hours
The store I worked at has now closed down, I hated it there. The culture was horrible and the manager was horrible to work for. The most enjoyable part was getting paid.
I started working here as a Christmas casual to gain some experience, yet there wasn't much of that as I wasn't really given a chance to grow with limited shifts as they hired about 20+ of us at the same time so things needed to be spread out. But at least I had a chance to gain some experience.
Pros
Had a job
Cons
Hardly any shifts
I love my job. I have an amazing boss and team. A typical day involves cleaning the store (vacuuming floor, cleaning windows, refolding clothing piles and returning items too where they belong), serving customers (helping them with their needs and wants, getting to know them and always making them laugh or smile). The hardest part (literally) is the concrete floors; its very rare to leave work without sore feet! For me as always the most enjoyable part of my job is the customer service and experience. I always leave work smiling knowing I've made someone's day :)
Cons
Very little hours
Friendly and fun place towork, its a shame that christmas casual employees are lucky to get two shifts in total however.
Awesome Team and Management everyone got along really well no big dramas at all. Loved going to work everyday, learnt a lot about customer service and how to approach a customer
Cons
Long lunch breaks
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Factorie?
Had such a lovely store manager and amazing, friendly co-workers which made work a lot of fun. I have a passion in clothing and interior design so this was the perfect job for me! Latest styles were really awesome and trendy yet affordable prices. Absolutely loved working at Factorie for the 2 months as a Christmas Casual and would really enjoy and love having a full time job with them.
Pros
50% discount, meeting new customers and satisfying their needs
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
I worked as part of a dedicated fun, fashionable and fast-paced team environment, Factorie. My job was primarily customer-focused, but also involved stock purchasing and sales in the Christmas Holidays.

Duties:

• Keeping up to date with the latest clothing

• Stock taking

• Customer service and sales

• Cash handling

Most enjoyable part of the job was making friendships with my colleagues.
Pros
Discounts, Putting a smile on Customers faces.
Cons
Less hours
A typical day at factorie supa centre would have gone relaxed in the beginning and i would greet customers and ask for help with a team to work aside with
Pros
buy food myself
Cons
short hours
had a book of the daily budget which you read everyday, each worker was given a section to look after. Dont think that the shifts were shared out fairly.
Pros
retail experience
Cons
not many hours
Factorie has a vibe that the workers follow and I find that it really works efficiently when its done as a team. The Factorie team have knowledge of how the store functions, so they help assist me with things I did appropriatly and some things that need a little help. Working at Factorie was fun because of the way we work, we help assist customers as well as opening a conductive conversation. Getting to know the team, I felt that I was welcome to the team and that I could work well as a team member.
Role and Responsibilities: My role as a front of house staff I was on the shop floor assisting customers , stock , racking up and other store duties .
-I have worked at Factorie (Retail) in one of the busiest years Christmas and boxing day so I know that I can keep up to speed and not let the store or my co-workers fall behind.
Pros
50% off all cotton on groups
Cons
nothing
A typical day at work would be coming into work then reading the planner for the day involving how much the store needs to make and the things that we need to focus on for the day for example customer service (greeting customers, helping out, creating regulars). Then during my shift I will serve customers throughout the day while greeting them and helping them out in the changing rooms. I also answer the phone and also call other stores also. Depending on the day we might have stock that needs to be out out on the floor and hung out. Being 3IC also means that I can run the store sole charged by myself meaning that I can open the store in the mornings and close the store at night which includes banking and cashing up and ringing through figures. I have learnt a huge amount of skills during my time at Factorie and have gained a lot of confidence. I have learnt how to approach customers and talk to them and help them out, work tills, work in a team and be on time. I am friends with all of my co-workers and love working in a team! The hardest part of the job would be at very busy times if its just me running the store I sometimes find it difficult to serve customers while helping them out and also keeping the store tidy. However I am an efficient worker so I make it work. The most enjoyable part of my job would be working with amazing people which makes it a fun place to work in and also getting to interact which different people everyday.
Pros
Discount at different stores in the wider company
Cons
Minimal hours
- A typical day at work would be to arrive, read the daily planner and see where I'm zoned and what the goals for the day are. As I worked in the outlet store, a lot of the time we were unpacking stock. So I'd grab a box of stock and unpack it in my zone while using a friendly attitude to greet, get to know and help the customers. After a set amount of boxed were unpacked and shelves we would usually go through the store and re-price or check everything was priced properly, all while using VIBE steps to ensure we were acknowledging and helping our customers to their comfort and needs.
- I learnt an awful lot as it was my first real step into retail. I learnt about my expectations as a retail assistant and how to ensure customers were happy and had a positive experience entering, being in and leaving the store. I learnt that customers truly do always come first.

- My co-workers were all very relaxed and friendly, we all worked together to ensure the store was feeling, looking and doing the best it could be. My co-workers and the customers really made the relaxed and comfortable environment what it was.

- The hardest part of the job was definitely making sure to get everything you were doing done quickly and efficiently while making sure every customer in the store was greeted and helped out with everything they needed, but it was definitely manageable.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the atmosphere and vibe the co-workers and customers gave the store, it was a very fun and relaxed place and never got me stressed or agitated.
Pros
friendly and enjoyable staff and customers, discounts
Cons
not enough hours
I learnt alot at Factorie as it was the first retal job I worked at. I learnt things like dealling with the customers, using the eftpos, and unpacking the stock.
Factorie and a fun work place with great management who taught me some of the leadership skills that I will need in the future.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not enough hours