Factorie
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Factorie Employee Reviews

Factorie was one of the coolest work environments. All the staff were around the same age, and the customers were the same. Store was a really cool atmosphere. Unfortunately the overall experience was let down by an average manager who gave the absolute minimum hours and had clear favoritism amongst the staff. There was really average support for closing staff, we were expected to stay over time cleaning the store from top to bottom and we weren't paid for this. Sometimes it took up to an hour. And if it wasn't done you got in trouble the next day. Would definitely work there again under new management.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor hours, manager, messy, poor support for staff
I didn't know much about customer service, customer engagement and professionalism but working at factorie has changed all that. The experience I got is overwhelming, they allowed me to be free and be myself so that I can do my job better... I'll forever be greatful for the knowledge I accumulated while I was working at factorie
The most enjoyable thing about factories was the discounts and all .. not enough friendly staff. This is all I have to say. They really need to pick their staff wisely as their not the best staff to work with .. their all to fake.
I typically worked weekends which were the busier days of the week. I enjoyed being given responsibility at a younger age of just 17 to open and close the store, as well as working with a team who I created a great bond with. I enjoyed going to work and meeting the targets set by head office. This was made much easier because I enjoy fashion and people. My managers were always so encouraging and provided good feedback which also made me enjoy coming to work each day. The difficult part of the job was when we did not meet targets, but my manager was always a positive person who encouraged us to pick ourselves up and aim to reach the next target.
We get to learn many things and get to add new skill on our arsenals. People there are so friendly and supportive and at work we motivate eachother to work hard and i have learn how to be a team player.
working in that company was really nice and tiring at the same time what was exciting about working there was you get to meet and dress new people everyday.
Pros
lunch
Cons
I love working for this company! The perks, the people, its all so rewarding, and I truly enjoy and look forward to working the shifts I'm given! Couldn't recommend working here more!
In this company skills such as; organisation, cashing, counting stock, how to handle customers, be friendly and how to be a team player in a business.
This place absolutely horrible. one of the most unorganised companies I have ever worked for. they never had anything on time, the manger was a racist and homophobic to the girls who were dating in our team. they never knew what anyone was doing to communication sucked there. they should be embarrassed to even call themselves a business
Fast fashion is a horrible industry to work in and Cotton On LTD is probably ome of the worst. We didn't have a manager for a month and I basically had to work everyday on my own because other workers wouldn't pull their weight and there was no authority to contact. Neglected my wants and needs as a worker and the regional manager was a complete imbecile. Good job for a highschooler for a Summer but otherwise do not bother.
Worked with a cultural team. communication skills and helping customer with products. Computer skills development for future career. fashion industry and photography has always been my main perspective and future development. Factorie career has succeeded with my career pathway.
The team was amazing and i have a great time working with them eventhough it was just for a couple of months before the call up for my National Service
I Learn Everthing and experience y
The goodness attitudes of your fellow employees , im so very Happyto Have a new Friend New environment in the Factorie..Thankyou
Greeting, selling, stock, talking culture, music.
Extra management skills/ More about charity.

Hardest part, no security from theft.

The people, fashion, culture.
The staff was lovely and hardworking. It was a wonderful work environment. I received great hours and shift when I was working at factorie and was able to get the hours I was after.
loved working for them, great challenges, alot of important life skills and retail skills learnt, amazing people, amazing clothing, work feels like family!
working here here was growth experience for me personally while there were many negatives. I learned so much and was able to grow emencaly from the negatives . I had no support from head office management and learn to work independently and well under pressure the admin skills I learnt from here put me in a great position for my current role. I have been able to adapt easily to admin and with all the customer complaints I dealt with I am able to resolve my queries with our members well . Most enjoyed part of my job has to be my team we had a great bound that I will carry forever they made leading them seem very easy
Everyone I met there was really sweet and I especially looked up to the manager and senior staff. Work was organised and I always had a job to do while on shift. Staff helped me learn to work and learn the Shop layout to best perform my duties
Pros
Discount items
Cons
Nowhere to sit
A typical day at Factorie is very quiet, but is an enjoyable workplace. The management team are very fair, nice and responsible. The most enjoyable thing about working at Factorie is the satisfaction of helping customers find what they want, and also completing visual merchandising. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with thieves and the abuse they dish out.
Pros
Amazing benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
Lots of theft
worked alone a lot but i am very self-motivated to maker sales, so that isn't an issue for me. Young vibe within the store, so you must look the part.
Working at Factorie was a good job. Awesome staff benefits with clothing discounts. There is a lot of effort made to support team members from Head Office through the initiatives but more could be done for retail staff
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
salary not the best
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factorie. Our community is ready to answer.