Factorie
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Factorie Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant5 reviews
New Zealand5 reviews
Fun, but awful manager
Factorie was one of the coolest work environments. All the staff were around the same age, and the customers were the same. Store was a really cool atmosphere. Unfortunately the overall experience was let down by an average manager who gave the absolute minimum hours and had clear favoritism amongst the staff. There was really average support for closing staff, we were expected to stay over time cleaning the store from top to bottom and we weren't paid for this. Sometimes it took up to an hour. And if it wasn't done you got in trouble the next day. Would definitely work there again under new management.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor hours, manager, messy, poor support for staff
Not a very good place to start off
As a new employee I had many questions about the day to day procedures so I tried to turn to senior co workers who have been working there longer for help but they were too busy talking to each other about their weekend and other co workers, where I had to stand around and wait for them to finish talking to actually get on with my job because I didn't know what to do.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad worker environment
I love it
The brand itself is where i usually shop and i love to work in a positive environment. I met alot of new people and even better getting staff discounts is even more fun!
Pros
Staff discounts
Poor
The store I worked at has now closed down, I hated it there. The culture was horrible and the manager was horrible to work for. The most enjoyable part was getting paid.
Great workspace
I love my job. I have an amazing boss and team. A typical day involves cleaning the store (vacuuming floor, cleaning windows, refolding clothing piles and returning items too where they belong), serving customers (helping them with their needs and wants, getting to know them and always making them laugh or smile). The hardest part (literally) is the concrete floors; its very rare to leave work without sore feet! For me as always the most enjoyable part of my job is the customer service and experience. I always leave work smiling knowing I've made someone's day :)
Cons
Very little hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factorie. Our community is ready to answer.