Factorie
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Factorie Employee Review

Productive and funwork place

11 July 2012
I learnt alot at Factorie as it was the first retal job I worked at. I learnt things like dealling with the customers, using the eftpos, and unpacking the stock.
Factorie and a fun work place with great management who taught me some of the leadership skills that I will need in the future.
Pros
great experience
Cons
not enough hours
3 December 2019
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) - Papamoa, Bay of Plenty
Fast fashion is a horrible industry to work in and Cotton On LTD is probably ome of the worst. We didn't have a manager for a month and I basically had to work everyday on my own because other workers wouldn't pull their weight and there was no authority to contact. Neglected my wants and needs as a worker and the regional manager was a complete imbecile. Good job for a highschooler for a Summer but otherwise do not bother.
8 June 2019
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Palmerston North City, Manawatu-Wanganui
Factorie was one of the coolest work environments. All the staff were around the same age, and the customers were the same. Store was a really cool atmosphere. Unfortunately the overall experience was let down by an average manager who gave the absolute minimum hours and had clear favoritism amongst the staff. There was really average support for closing staff, we were expected to stay over time cleaning the store from top to bottom and we weren't paid for this. Sometimes it took up to an hour. And if it wasn't done you got in trouble the next day. Would definitely work there again under new management.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor hours, manager, messy, poor support for staff
13 August 2018
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Sylvia Park, Auckland
As a new employee I had many questions about the day to day procedures so I tried to turn to senior co workers who have been working there longer for help but they were too busy talking to each other about their weekend and other co workers, where I had to stand around and wait for them to finish talking to actually get on with my job because I didn't know what to do.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Bad worker environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factorie. Our community is ready to answer.