Factorie

Factorie Employee Review

Fun Workplace
3IC (Current Employee) –  The Palms Shopping Mall, Christchurch7 May 2013
A typical day at work would be coming into work then reading the planner for the day involving how much the store needs to make and the things that we need to focus on for the day for example customer service (greeting customers, helping out, creating regulars). Then during my shift I will serve customers throughout the day while greeting them and helping them out in the changing rooms. I also answer the phone and also call other stores also. Depending on the day we might have stock that needs to be out out on the floor and hung out. Being 3IC also means that I can run the store sole charged by myself meaning that I can open the store in the mornings and close the store at night which includes banking and cashing up and ringing through figures. I have learnt a huge amount of skills during my time at Factorie and have gained a lot of confidence. I have learnt how to approach customers and talk to them and help them out, work tills, work in a team and be on time. I am friends with all of my co-workers and love working in a team! The hardest part of the job would be at very busy times if its just me running the store I sometimes find it difficult to serve customers while helping them out and also keeping the store tidy. However I am an efficient worker so I make it work. The most enjoyable part of my job would be working with amazing people which makes it a fun place to work in and also getting to interact which different people everyday.
Pros
Discount at different stores in the wider company
Cons
Minimal hours

Other Factorie Employee Reviews

Do not work for corporations like this
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Papamoa, Bay of Plenty3 December 2019
Fast fashion is a horrible industry to work in and Cotton On LTD is probably ome of the worst. We didn't have a manager for a month and I basically had to work everyday on my own because other workers wouldn't pull their weight and there was no authority to contact. Neglected my wants and needs as a worker and the regional manager was a complete imbecile. Good job for a highschooler for a Summer but otherwise do not bother.
Fun, but awful manager
Factorie was one of the coolest work environments. All the staff were around the same age, and the customers were the same. Store was a really cool atmosphere. Unfortunately the overall experience was let down by an average manager who gave the absolute minimum hours and had clear favoritism amongst the staff. There was really average support for closing staff, we were expected to stay over time cleaning the store from top to bottom and we weren't paid for this. Sometimes it took up to an hour. And if it wasn't done you got in trouble the next day. Would definitely work there again under new management.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Poor hours, manager, messy, poor support for staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Factorie. Our community is ready to answer.