Farmers Insurance Group

New Zealand19 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,158 reviews

Good Work place

Farmers is a good place to go if you are after a retail position as it has high prestiege and working with customers was fun and exciting. I gained a lot of customer service experience from this job and enjoyed my time there.

welcoming work palce

A day at work was slow yet i understood my tasks and they never changed which was good as made me a reliable employee. I was given reasonable hours and during busy periods an abundance of possible hours.

Awesome work place

There is no hard or easy part of the job, Security within the work place is worthy. There is also a mix culture with in the whole store so you never feel left out.

Nice and friendly workplace

It was hands on the job kind of work. I learned customer service, staff management, security service and store management The management was friendly and approachable and helpful. The work culture was friendly The hardest part was staff absentism Most enjoyable part was replacing store manager on weekends

Pros

Good training

Cons

Nil

no leadership only puppets

Do your best to stay away and exercise other options. When they say the grass is greener, here it is not. Farmers applies to the title"The grass is always greener on the septic field". Overtime is offered as long as management approves of working long hours. This is to include driving over 300 miles some days, writing college grade dissertations as to what, why and how. Most of the time management won't understand what you write as they are incompetent as to what the job actually is. Under the big top there are side shows and individual rings for additional side acts. Welcome to the great show on earth where you imagination runs wild with the stories that are spoken and facilitated. Please exercise other options as you will save yourself heartache and headaches.

Pros

Cons

management

fun workplace

amazing people learned to work with new tools free lunches from time to time friendly, helpful workmates awesome boss great enviroment

Pros

free lunches

Great Colleagues

Meet and great customers and retail a fantastic product line. I had to work to daily, weekly and ,monthly sales targets and complete paperwork for the company. I really enjoyed the appointment based position. Helping people achieve the looks they desired was very rewarding.

Pros

Great team environment

Cons

Rolling roster, not set hours

Helpful and Tidy

A typical day would be going in early, and doing recovery. What I learned is that recovery is most important and making sure that stock was constantly full and helping the customer pick out stuff to match what they are buying. The management was good and the co-workers were fine. Hardest part of the job was nothing that I can think of? The most enjoyable part was helping out customers :)

Pros

Good co- workers and managers

Fun and busy workplace.

Farmer's is a very busy workplace filled with so many people in different age groups and cultures. I made friends and got along with people i was surrounded by. Everyone is friendly although they love being in their own groups and people their own ethnicity rather than not mingling during their lunch breaks. The hardest part of the job is having to move fast when it is very busy!

Team member

working along with the other team members get to learn more and seeing all the back ground cultures.

Always busy

Was always a busy place to work people come and go no matter what jobs you do friends are always haveing fun and being busy at the same time.

exciting atmosphere great staff

learned a lot of different roles had responsibilities and enjoyed the challenging aspects of the organization

Work experience

got valuable customer service skills, good display skills and attention to detail

Pros

good work time

Cons

work colleagues not sociable

Productive and fun workplace

Working at FARMERS will be an opportunity for me to experience independence in life and living for myself. Meeting new workers and serving customers needs is always a pleasure and makes you happy when you are aware that your customer exits the store satisfied.

Pros

Reasonable breaks

A wonderful experience.

Allways busy product knowledge, staff management., merchandising, stocktaking preparation through to completion, cashing up, customer acknowledgement/30sec rule, store security, The hardest part were difficult customers who took their anger out on staff and children. The most enjoyable was making store of the month, the loyal customers that loved us and the friendships of fellow staff members who were like family.

things i learnt at whilst doing this job

Good customer service skills learnt hoe to stocktake items meet new people loved everything about this job the hardest part was showing others that didnt listern or watch what we had been told to do.

Pros

buy your own lunches

Cons

8 hours

A fun and easy going workplace

During my time at Farmers I learnt so many different skills and met amazing people who were easy to work with. My manager was a lovely woman and very easy to approach. Although my time with Farmers was very short I still feel that it will be time that I will remember forever. For a first job I believe this was very easy work but I had to work very long hours during my time here, I found it tiring at times but the pay was definitely worth it!

Pros

free christmas lunch

Cons

long hours at times

fun workplace, good environment, staff afre very friendly and helpful.

working at farmers for work experience was fun and it was a good experience. i learnt how to be in charge of the changing rooms and managed to do it on my own a couple if times. the manager was very helpful and friendly. my co-workers were also very helpful. the hardest part would be managing the ladies changing roon on my own on a very busy day. i enjoyed working at farmers because the staff were very friendly and i enjoyed helping out the customers.

Productive, busy workplace

There was always something to do.Lots of information passed on.Everyone worked positively as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Farmers Insurance Group