Farmers Trading Company Employee Reviews for Salesperson

3.6Job Security & Advancement
great place to work highly recomend farmers as a work place espeacily for flexability.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  mangere bader drive.22 September 2015
Family environment happy work mates.i really enjoyed the hours and the variety of customers.i was always busy and helping people.fun place to work.flexable hours.
Pros
staff discounts and xmas partys were awsome.
Good First Job
General Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Chartwell, N4 August 2015
Farmers has provided me with a goos sttarting point in retail. I have learnt a lot in my role as a General Sales person in terms of product knowledge and customer service. In my three years in the store, my particular department has seen many managers come and go which at times has been difficult as it upsets the flow of the department. However each manager has brought somehting new and so we have seen many improvements in our store presentation. I also found that having changing managers has allowed staff to take on more responsibility in the department which has seen a positive effect as it allows us to better understand our products and our store.
Pros
extra hours over summer, a good staff
Cons
trying to gain a permanent role with more hours is difficult
Lots of in store competitions.
General Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand9 April 2014
We would meet each morning with our department manager to discuss the plans for the day. I would read the daily reports which informs me of any changes or pricing to products.
I have learnt to communicate and report any areas needing attention.
I see management as a guide and help in the work place.
I enjoy working with people so it is very easy for me to communicate and working as a team member with my co-workers.
Hardest part of my job was trying to explain company policies to customers and working with defective equipment.
Most enjoyable was meeting and greeting customers and offering them great service.
Pros
Staff discount..
Cons
Working on public holidays.
Productive and enjoyable
General Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury10 April 2013
I learned a lot through Farmers. I learnt all about customer service and how to use the tills and knowing that there is always something that you can be doing in any job you do. The hardest part of the job was when it was busy, but always managed to stay calm and help every customer out with their inquiry's. The most enjoyable part was working with a great team.
Pros
great work mates
Cons
not enough hours
Very flexible with work and friendly team!
General Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Papakura13 March 2013
After working for Farmers- The team are really helpful and we work as a team. Great staff benefits and discounts at other stores. Great to be able to work with a huge range of customers both male and female, mature and youth.
Pros
friendly staff, discounts, flexible work hours, customer service experience.
Cons
not enough staff.
Interesting and fun products and people
One-on-one salesperson (Current Employee) –  taupo20 January 2013
I sell home-related products across a wide range of departments, but specialise in furniture, beds, lounge suites, electronics and whiteware. Typically, a day consists of explaining products to customers, looking after customers after the sale and merchandising our departments.

Management give us carte blanche to do our work, but will assist as they see fit.
Pros
keeping up-to-date with interesting products and meeting lovely people.
Cons
late nights over christmas; the workload is seasonal and can be very quiet over witer.