Farmers Trading Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Farmers Trading Company Management reviews

New Zealand68 reviews
Fun and enjoyable to start with. The longer I worked there, the worse it got. 16yrs took a huge toll on my mental health due to a few members of Mng
Staff are nice people to work with, however, the Minority of Management just ruined my whole experience. After 16yrs, there was no respect for my knowledge. The Company taught me a lot, which all went down the tubes because of a few members of management.
Bad culture within the company.
Not a great place to work for very stressful & had to work with incompetent managers. Pay was depressing for those who had worked there for 15 years+.
Feeling like ine big family
Great working conditions
Lots of learning

High Health and safety awareness

Good management
Very good system reduce mistakes and avoid misconduct
Farmers your department stor
It was an amazing experience
Farmers has taught me a lot of things. Consistency and paying attention to detail are one of the most important things I have learned there.

Management there is very friendly and effective. Manager are always ready to help you with any customer difficulties. Plus once you have reached store target you get many benefits reached
Farmers is not the same as before back then was much enjoyable
Being with the company so many years they never promote you to any positions but they hired people from overseas there is no such thing work from ground up anymore our hours been cut down still fighting for leaving wages
Used to be an awesome, family orientated and fun place to work.
FTC seems to have lost it's way recently ( 2 - 5 yrs). Training for new, existing employees and Management is extremely poor. Everything is focused on sales, and staff's state of mind/health & feelings are not a priority.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Training for new, existing & Management Team Members
Typical big retail company
Great work/life balance
Not looking to update or advance any initiatives or processes/systems like most major retailers... stuck in their old ways

Management is great and will support you in all decisions
Development of skills is not a strong suit of Farmers
Staff Family Values
A typical day at work would involve lots of customer service and tidying the shop. I learned lots about products and management were very friendly and understanding of everyone's needs. The culture of the workplace was very family-like and everyone felt at home. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay productive so most of the shift would be very long. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction of the customer when you genuinely help them find what they are in need of and giving them a pleasant experience.
Pros
Nice workmates, staff discount
Cons
Minimum Pay, Not very productive
Excellent
Farmers Trading Company is more like a family environment to work at. Customer Service is highly recommended in the industry and have a reliable system for training and also team have the ability to progress to different role

Management are very supportive of their team and be the service for the team
stressful and bullying by manager, some staff and loss prevention officers.
has a bullying mentality overall.
Most enjoyable serving customers.

Management don't communicate with each other or staff.
Lots of heath and safety issues.

I learned not to work for Farmers.
Pros
Some staff were friendly. nice staff room.
Cons
no discussion or meetings concerning extra hours, bullying culture.
Friendly and warm
They are great! Everyone is helpful and friendly, and they work hard to care for staff and customers. Every time you need help, you can count on management and other team members to help you.
Pros
There are days where there are rewards for employees who have provided exceptional customer service
Cons
Short staffed often, but manageable
Pleasure to work for
Had a great experience with Farmers Trading Company Masterton - the management and staff are all friendly and helpful, and I always felt I was in a beneficial and positive workplace.
Great team but poor management
Have loved the team that I work with but it really depends on the management on whether everyone enjoys being at work and work flow. All good managers leave because they know that stuff aren't being valued enough. There is room for growth in the company which is great but this usually depends on whether the management like you or not. Another con is that if you are really good at your job in a certain department and you wanna grow in another area, management don't want to let you move forward because you do such a good job. The best thing about working with farmers is the different paths you can take in the company, but lack training and you find yourself having to teach yourself everything such as product knowledge.
a fair company to work for
company fine to work for. standard inwards goods retail role, processing stock into sortation areas and also processing outwards goods. work culture is fine, slight divide between management and staff however.
Pros
lunches frequently provided
Cons
no real chance for career progression, slight divide between staff and management
Always changing, busy, customer service.
Learned : Consumers guarantee act, fair trade act.
Customer service, human resources.
Team rostering. Conflict resolution.
Very well managed and controlled business environment
Even though I was only in new Zealand for a short while due toy divorce and having to go back to south Africa, I learnt a lot of new business skills from farmers. Process flows, routine management and General management. The softer human resource skills I learnt put me in good stead in the company's that I have worked for after being in New Zealand
Pros
Big support office structure
Awesome management
I learned how to do stocktake on clothes and other various merchandise. The management was very helpful and friendly.My coworkers were warm and friendly.I enjoyed doing stocktake on different merchandise.I don't recall there being any hard parts of the job.
Pros
A large assortment of merchandise for stocktake and lots of different places to eat at lunchtime
Cons
Not able to think of any
productive and rewarding
Administration- time sheets red prairie
Rosters- holidays and sick days, coverage for upcoming sales and late nights.

DFW- task allocated to team- sales huddle- budget information, areas to work on to increase sales- positive rewards.

Observation of team, one minute management techniques- feedback and rewards, customer complaints and authorising returns and faulty items.
Weekly promotions- check ticket numbers, print and allocate team member to sleeve,

Personal development plans for team, training and catch-up. Technical coaching for audit and customer complaints if necessary.

Banking at end of day- lock up store
Pros
at work training
Cons
travel distance from home
Productive and fun work place
I enjoyed working in this company for over 6 years, I learned how to engaged and deal with customers and suppliers. To reach my goal and do my tasks in everyday basis. To manage a team, listen and understanding my rule. The management team are very helpful and great. The hardest part of the job is if they put you in pressure to finished the job for the seasonal company deadline but everything is under control by me. The most enjoyable part of the job are working as a team (teamwork) and solving problem.
Pros
Free mornig tea, free lunch and gifts voucher if you did a really good job in the company
Cons
extra hours
Lots of in store competitions.
We would meet each morning with our department manager to discuss the plans for the day. I would read the daily reports which informs me of any changes or pricing to products.
I have learnt to communicate and report any areas needing attention.

I see management as a guide and help in the work place.
I enjoy working with people so it is very easy for me to communicate and working as a team member with my co-workers.

Hardest part of my job was trying to explain company policies to customers and working with defective equipment.

Most enjoyable was meeting and greeting customers and offering them great service.
Pros
Staff discount..
Cons
Working on public holidays.
Productive, well established company to work for
felt like home, management was excellent, managed to learn a lot with my time at farmers, I was a health and safety officer, EOD sign, participated in many cosmetic courses and fine fragrance's, lingerie fitting and knowledge evenings, the hardest part of the job? there wasn't one!!!!!! most enjoyable part was coming into work seeing my wonderful work friends that felt like family
Pros
learning new things and meeting new people and staff
Cons
long hours during christmas
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Trading Company. Our community is ready to answer.