Farmers Trading Company Pay & Benefits reviews

No opportunities given for growth and very Minimalist
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand4 December 2017
A good place to begin working but if you want to further yourself it is not possible. A great company to gain work experience and expand on Logistics
Pros
Barbecues and free doughnuts twice a year
Cons
Shift work but no overtime rate of pay.
Office work Accounts Receiveables
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 September 2017
Being my first Job, everything was new to me and everything was good. i.e:

People

Cafeteria

Car park

Money

Holidays

Hardest part of my job was having to leave
Pros
Cafetria, Discounts, people
fun to work in farmers
Sales and Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Henderson, Auckland21 June 2017
helpful staff
fun work environment
free lunches
outings with co workers
birthday card with wishes from all staff
weekly meetings
learn about new product
Pros
free lunches
Good workplace
Beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Chartwell, Waikato26 July 2016
Farmers was a great place for me to work while I was studying for my Bachelor's degree. Easy to pick up extra shifts if you had too in different departments which gave you more money and even better more knowledge in the department you were placed in. I have enjoyed working with all my co-workers and this made it easier for me to form friendships and connections. At the beginning there were a lot of training days available to prepare us for the role, we could go to any manager about attending these workshops and was not difficult at all. The hardest part of the job is dealing with new managers coming and going through the business, with that they bring their own style of doing things and this can go either way with staff. I would say a great place to work part time but not so much full time and definitely not enough to live off or raise a family on, which is a shame with the huge reputation farmers has.
Pros
work lunches, staff discount days, flexible hours
Cons
New managers frequently
Farmers Pakuranga was a great place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Pakuranga16 February 2014
Even a small/medium sized Farmers like Pakuranga was a busy place to work. There were the constant promotions, the large and varied staff, and seven days regular trading.
A typical day would start with a floor walk, and checking any coms from head office relating to your department. From this work was assigned to staff, or dealt with personally as required.
Farmers has a comprehensive training program with day courses run out of head office.
The Store Managers and Retail Managers were all good, hard working and motivating.
I really enjoyed my time at Pakuranga, the staff were excellent, really friendly, welcoming and made the job what it was.
However, the hours at 45 hrs per week minimum, could make for long weeks on a salary. It could be hard to work a 16 hour day and know your pay packet wasn't going to be any different at the end of the month.
One great thing was only working one weekend in three.
The team at Pakuranga was what made it enjoyable. The store had developed a really nice, friendly and open environment, which along with the busy workload, made the days go by pretty quickly.
Pros
Very friendly and welcoming team
Cons
12-16 hour days on a salary
Very flexible with work and friendly team!
General Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Papakura13 March 2013
After working for Farmers- The team are really helpful and we work as a team. Great staff benefits and discounts at other stores. Great to be able to work with a huge range of customers both male and female, mature and youth.
Pros
friendly staff, discounts, flexible work hours, customer service experience.
Cons
not enough staff.