FedEx Ground

FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Showing all 17,964 reviews

Good pay no time for your life

Working 6 days a week sucks. Especially when the job is physical. I loved working alone though an after i learned my route i started getting off at a great time. I just feel like having more time for your personal life is needed. hope and pray you don’t get a bad route. If you don’t like driving in ALL weather conditions don’t apply.

Pros

Pay, work alone, good workout

Cons

No benefits, not enough personal time, have to drive in snow

Decent pay

Very hard physical, repetitive work. They are pretty laid back with attendance. So you can call of if you really need it and there will not be a lot of questions asked.

Hard work

Must have the drive and will to work hard and in a timely manner. Work in all temperatures. Staff is friendly for the most part. Working here is like getting paid to work out.

Fun and hardworking place

Great benefits! Great company!! Great leadership skills can be developed in this company!! Very good company to make your career. Very worth it!! Best job I’ve had!!

Horrible do not work here!

Worst work environments ever! Contractors don't care about employees. Turn over rate is very bad very bad. Managers constantly lying. Over all not worth the headache if you have a family.

Ok

Pay isn’t the best for what we are expected to do and we don’t get too many hours, but the benefits are alright. Just keep moving around and time will go by fast.

Good place but heavy work

One of the most fair jobs I have worked for, total of 5 years only reason I left was because there were no day shifts at the time and my specific shift was closing down. WORK for your money at this place, they never had problem with me picking overtime. If I had REAL emergency they'd understand, they always worked with my school schedule. They are open to teaching you new things to move up the ladder if you really show them that you are capable and eager to learn

Pros

Good pay, holiday pay, Pto, health benefits

Cons

Heavy workload

Constant work load

The work was not hard, but the employee to work ratio was severely flawed. Asking for help was frowned upon and punishable by being written up. My wages did not meet the work load expected of me. Managers were never anywhere to be found so problem-solving became a skill I perfected while employed with FedEx.

Pros

It was a job.

Cons

Very toxic work environment.

Fun workplace

It's a fun place to work although you really won't see many hours a week unless you work during peak season. Peak season is only about 2 or 3 months long maybe.

Great people

The people are great. It all depends on the contract owner. If the contract owner has any semblance of how a business is run, you'll be fine. How cheap they are determines if you have good, working scanners, trucks, etc.

Pros

great hours

Cons

owners are cheap

Easy money but not fulfilling

Its an easy job if you're physically capable.Growth is available to the the point where most of the management is unexperienced.hours are unreliable if you're part time shifts ending very quickly or running into other shifts

Pros

easy, not much thinking involved

Cons

poor communication, physically exhausting

Physically demanding

Physical labor , decent pay but wears you down over time. Not really opportunity to move up; really just a job for temporary purposes or college kids.

Fun and very busy!

Fun place to work, playing real life Tetris while getting paid to work out. Very good people. They are willing to work around your schedule and availability and have tuition assistance.

Pros

Fun, energetic, and fast paced.

Cons

No breaks

Great Group!

If everyone plays the role/positions, and everything works smoothly. Managers, and packages handlers are/become extended family members. Overall with today’s e-commerce it’s a reliable job.

Decent money

A lot of work for small checks . Contractors are selfish and won’t pay more unless “treshold “ is passed . Which is basically a dollar extra but it’s not

pick up and delivery driver

day rate.. no benefits.. deliveries all over the map.. route takes 10-12 hours to do and always changes, it s impossible to get efficient at.. body wrecking work.. management is only concerned with money, not giving it to you and you making it for them.. threats at every meeting.. shitte job..

Pros

steroids..

Cons

everything.. call me or any current or past driver

Gilded job.

This job very much discriminated on gender and size. If you’re a girl, the work is SUPER easy. Mind-numbingly easy. Women definitely get the easy jobs, which might be great for most but for me, I like to work. I applied there because they said you didn’t need a gym membership if you work here. I spent most of my time literally standing around doing absolutely nothing. Management is SO unorganized and unhelpful. They’re opening a new location across the street and it seems like that place would be better to work, but they don’t have all shifts available there yet. I was hired for sunrise shift, 4-8 AM, but I was basically forced to transfer to the old facility, which inevitably they wanted me to change my schedule to what is essentially night shift. Not what I signed up for. None of the management wants to explain anything to you. Training is MINIMAL, unless you find a worker there who’s willing to help. Orientation painted a totally different picture than reality at FedEx Ground.

Poor management

UnLoad as many trucks as possible before stop time.I learned to accept the things I could not change.Management were nice ppl but too much work load. The workers were nice. The hardest part of the job was BIG boxes and tires.

Not good at all.

Managers don't care about employees. Have you doing multiple jobs while others do nothing. Dirty work area and only 3 hours of work at a time, this place sucks.

Balanced work

Good part time job for the summer or 2nd income but not worth it career wise it's a honest job but extremely physical labor will take place hourly wise is maybe 30 hrs a week

Ok Place

Working here was fun for a while, but management will screw over good employees just to save money. My advice to management would be pay workers who are valuable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• FedEx Ground