FIS Global
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

FIS Global Employee Reviews for Senior Customer Service Representative

Senior Customer Service Representative43 reviews
Coworkers were great. A lot of interesting conversations with them in between phone calls. The people on the other end of calls vary. Had team leads and supervisors that really fought to keep reps.
Pros
Great Supervisor, Team Leads
Cons
People on phone attitudes
After working for FIS multiple years you get tired of being over worked and under paid. Company wide you were treated as a disposable robot. You are forced to work a mandatory 8 hours each week (which may include your off days). If you have consecutive off days they will not be on the weekend. And if you do receive Pay For Your Performance it is heavily taxed
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay, schedule
Official response from FIS Global
17 August 2020
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We noticed you are no longer an employee, but we wanted to share that our employees are our strongest asset and we want them to know that their concerns are always heard. That’s why we’ve created initiatives such as our annual People Survey, to help us address employee concerns and opportunities to make FIS an even better place to work.
I don't normally give a lot of places I've worked 1-star reviews, but this place simply isn't worth the trouble. You're completely underappreciated by the upper management, who doesn't know how to clearly communicate on their lives, you're abused day in and day out by angry callers (sometimes getting cussed out in different languages, so hey, that's something new you can learn!), and the hours are atrocious.

It got so bad, that after a brief stint in the hospital (of which I was nearly fired for), I had to leave. The place completely drained me mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. If you absolutely need to find a job with this place, try to find one that's off the phones. Your sanity (and hopefully, meager paycheck) will pay you.
Pros
Right next to a ballpark field
Cons
Forced long hours of overtime, abusive callers, uncaring upper management and staff
Official response from FIS Global
17 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our collective workforce is a priority at FIS. We have 55,000+ of the brightest minds in the industry and are successful because of them. We launched new values earlier this year that unites our global organization as “One FIS.” We are committed to making sure our employees’ voices are heard which is why we deploy an annual People Survey as a tool for employees to address their concerns. Managers at all levels can view comments and results left by their team so they are aware of improvements needed. At FIS, we expect everyone who works for and with FIS to act in accordance with our ethics guidelines and respect colleagues, clients, and vendors alike and to report any allegations of violations to the FIS Ethics team. Unfortunately, since you are no longer an active employee, we can’t get more details on your feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
I work in checks aka certify and it’s the worst position to be in. You can’t help your customers. You get cussed at and called all kind of names. The place is nasty. Bed bugs, people sick all the time, There is mold where they keep the water. This place has OSHA there all the time. People getting fired left and right. Managers don’t do their jobs or worry about the wrong thing. You can’t use the bathroom more than 30 minutes a month or you will get written up and if you get a few of those you get fired. People in INDIA control your schedules and when they put mandatory overtime on you and the same people in INDIA also grade your calls and it has to be a 95 or higher to pass. This place sets you up for failure and I advise you to run as fast as you can from this place!
For over a year I was promised a promotion, did the extra work and was never given the pay raise to never get the promotion. I ended up moving and finding other work where I'm valued. At FIS everything was micromanaged.
You work and you go home. The end. It's helps to pass the time but nothing is too exciting about this place. Not recommended. If you can go anywhere else, please do it.
You work extremely long hours for a decent paycheck. no room to advance there are people that know people and then there's you. That's it. Nobody. A number. Someone overseas does your schedule here in the US and you arent treated like a human.
They will terminate you in a second. They do not respect their employees and do not make ethical decisions. I had an accident during training and sustained a concussion and became confused and failed a quiz, was terminated the next day for failing the quiz. They should have allowed me to go on a medical leave and put me in the next training class, VERY POOR UPPER MANAGEMENT. They sent a little girl from Little Rock Arkansas to train everyone and she mostly played with the "other" children in the class. They are putting too much on their employees and All of them HATE working there. Now I hear they want to pay people a lot lower then what they are paying currently...this is USERY. A very disgusting way to treat employees. They make you work a Mandatory 10 hours a week overtime which is wearing all of them out and leaves them stressed out knowing they could be fired anytime. DONT APPLY HERE UNLESS YOU WAN TO BE MISERABLE
Pros
They sell you a dream
Cons
PAY is low for the job, High stress, No work life balance, no advancement, no respect fo employees
I came in over the take over I still current work there but they will just slam you on the floor with little knowledge and then penalize you for mistakes. I seen alot of people fired for this, and its unfair. The people in the old company trainers, management, veterans that been working there for 8 plus years getting fired. Most of the management team gotten let go. Everyone is stressed, developing anxiety, e
Its a job. No such thing as job/life balance. Constantly shifting expectations with no indication when they change. Almost unlimited overtime a minimum of 10 every week.
The company has poor leadership, nothing is right about working for FIS unless your friends with someone. People are always click up, leadership do not share information
Do not work in Credit. Let's start with the fact that almost every other department is allowed to have their phone. In Credit Its an automatic final if you are seen with it or if it RINGS!

You will have 30 mins a month of unscheduled time form your desk. So ladies if its that time of the month, or if you ate some bad food. Maybe you're thirsty from taking calls back to back and need a drink. You are only allowed to leave on scheduled breaks or your lunch. So they force us to work a mandatory 10 hours extra a week and you can't even use the bathroom when you need to. Go over the 30 mins of unscheduled time by 1 second and expect a writeup ( Get us to writeups, if you work at FIS for more than 4 months you'll have a desk full of them) 4 writeups of going over unscheduled time in 1 year of your employment TERMINATION.

You will be written up for everything. Calls have to be scored at a level of 95% or higher. YES a 90 at FIS is a failing quality score. To put it in perspective if you do 2 things incorrect on a call its a FAILURE! (Example forgot to say customer name, or put the customer on hold for more than 2 mins)

The calls are repetitive. Don't let them fool you. They will teach you 3 skills. However, because the people who control the calls you receive are all the way in INDIA! They will probably give you one single skill ALL DAY LONG.

Management wasn't bad, very little micromanaging is a plus. However, my Manger wrote me up for some ridiculous reason. I didn't even see the write up until my employment came to an end. Good thing that the supervisor actually left
 - more...
I worked for the best supervisor and manager/management team. They made it hard for me to leave. I could no longer stay due to location/travel time to/from work.
Pros
Great supervisors
Cons
mandatory overtime and location
This job is one of the worst jobs ever if you have kids. They have mandatory OT every week. They don't care if you sick, everyone spread sickness through out the call center. Rules constantly changing. They pay you not enough but train you in 7 or 8 things for the same pay. Very, very high turn over. This job reminds me of modern day slavery. You have team leads who sit at desk and read, put make up on, do homework, and come their hair. They get paid for nothing, and you working hard. The calls in the call center isn't skilled evenly . You can take 150 to 200 calls in a day and your coworker takes 10.
Pros
People you work with and some supervisors
Cons
Overtime, pay, off days, Workforce
It's a good company but if you're looking for a job with a good life/work balance, this isn't it. Customer service jobs have 10 mandatory hours every single week. I started in July and can't recall a week I didn't have overtime. A lot of favoritism, but that's all call centers it seems. I work from 8am to 9pm and you are most definitely going to have to come in on your day off, on top of that. The department I'm in only gives you 30 minutes lunches. The management is a joke, and the supervisor I have currently is only where she is because she was best friends with the call center manager since high school. All they do is sit in her office and talk all day, they don't help with calls, they don't respond to you if you need anything, it feels like you're in high school when you approach them because you know when you walk away they're going to sit there and gossip about you. Oh also they don't do overtime so expect to bust your butt with no help from them. It's a job at the end of the day but I'm miserable and so are most people that work here.. Just be careful. Nothing is fair with them
Good company
flexible schedules

Benefits

Good supervisor employee relationships

Parking excellent

Café available during day hours only

business casual attire year round
This job would be perfect for a college student or someone who's new to the area looking for something quick. the only downfall to the company was they had no care for employees outside lives, mainly family/children.
Love the environment.
Hard to keep up with constant rule changing.

Mandatory Overtime is nice but hard to pick where to put it to fit my current schedule.
Pros
nice checks bc unlimited OT
Cons
one mistake on a call could lose your job
This was my first official job in my life. I started pregnant and 4 months later I was out my 6 weeks with PAY for my maternity leave. Two months after coming back, I was promoted. Love my co-workers. Make sure you do your job right though because they will fire you. Nice and simple dress code. Great benefits and pay. 8-10 hours mandatory OT most weeks. It's tiring but when you see your check you will be happy. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Pay, benefits, paid vacation, sick time, Co-workers, room to move up
Cons
Strict on attendence, no life outside of work, mandatory OT, being cursed out all day, calls back-to-back
I will say most people there were awesome. Worked a couple departments. Got a promotion and raise in no time. Pay of course could have been better. But when it came to the restroom. Come on, it gets too crazy. I have worked a couple other places that went either moved out of the country, or closed. I am well aware how CSR work goes. But when you are given free drinks such as iced-tea and coffee. Expect people to relieve themselves when they need to. Not at a given time. Urinary tract infection are not needed. Get a timer for 3 to 4 minutes to use restroom if needed. For this reason. I do not and will not recommend anyone to ever work here. Too bad, because it could be and awesome job.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
No bathroom breaks when needed.
FIS cares for FIS ONLY
The place is disgusting, the never clean vacuum, People sick all the time. When you are hired they treat you well, then after a week, OH HOW IT CHANGES. Management is terrible, You have people making more money than you and cant even do your job. Its a joke..
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything