Fisher & Paykel Appliances Employee Reviews

Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland13 April 2018
Working at Fisher n Paykel was a great experience I was a part of making some top shelf products. I learnt to work as a team and individually under pressure I also learnt how to work hard to produce perfect results which was a perfect product. I was a part of a multi million dollar organisation which was something to be really proud of. staff and management were a blessing to work with. The hardest part of the job was the pressure to push out a perfect product for a customer, which when you did a big weight was lifted off my shoulders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team, I worked with a great bunch of people that had the same goal as me on the line... which was to do the job right.
Pros
Four days on three days off.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Support goes to the close circle group
Customer and Production Support (Motor) (Former Employee) –  Auckland20 February 2018
HR only support strongly to top management. This leads to bullying action to the lower level employee. Working environment is not healthy.
Company not dynamic to the market situation.
Innovation is often not support.
Pros
Reputable Company
Cons
Not a friendly place to work
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland25 January 2018
I work with F&P for a few years I have gained product knowledge .
Typical day phones on peak every hour , people are amazing they help in so many ways
Pros
awesome colleagues
Cons
not growing in the company
Product Development
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland24 January 2018
Work on lots of different problems from solving warranty issues to NPI design. Generally work is varied enough to hold interest but not all knowledge is used in new products.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Slow management of projects with undefined customer interests
Fun Work Place
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland9 January 2018
Fisher and Paykel is a very good company they look after their employees, and make sure they work in a safe work environment. I enjoy working there because they look after me and the people are really nice, I learn new things just from the different cultures,
Pros
cheap menu
Productive Workplace
assembler (Former Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland24 October 2017
Fisher and Paykel provides a safe and neat workplace. Everything is in order all around the workplace. Fisher and Paykel, gives everyone fair chance on everything in the company.
Pros
Free lunch for christmas
Cons
what you wear at work
Work place at Fisher & Paykel
Advanced Operator / 2IC (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland10 September 2017
Fisher & Paykel was a work place that you can wake up in the morning and want to go to work. It was family orientated and your fellow workers were like your own family member. Everyone looked after each other, even Management had High respect for the production floor. No one looked down at anyone we were all the same.Work environment was clean and safe. The job shown was very explanatory. Management again always acknowledging your thoughts that may improve on certain things, listening to us. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Cafeteria, car park, Security, Happy hours, Reviews were updated, Nurses on hand.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ29 August 2017
Rostered hours for this call centre meant that the balance between personal and work life was challenging. Being able to manage the hours proved challenging, meant that I would be working up to 7pm on a late night
Pros
free specified car parking
Cons
rostered shifts
No time for family
Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland18 August 2017
Good money long hours no time for family. Asked to work overtime when you say no given guilt treatment. Family asleep when you leave and when you return
Pros
good money
Cons
no time with kids
I like it there good friends good atmosphere.
Machine Operator/production and machine tpms (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland24 July 2017
Good team talks to help us improve.
Sharing ideas.
Helping each other.
Great learning when breakdown occur.
Good time and ahalf doubble time overtime.
You can buy almost any appliances you want.
Pros
An excellent cafe to eat at they had mean menus.
Cons
Long hours if you work overtime
People i were amazing and great to work with
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland2 July 2017
I got to know alot of peope who were able to teach me new things and helped me to gain confidence and move up.
They would challenge you to expand and gain confidence.
Pros
Enjoying going to work each day
Cons
Long hours but worth it.
Fun and busy work place.
Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland City New Zealand17 May 2017
I love it when it's busy makes the time goes faster.Very friendly and helpful people if you don't know anything don't be shy to ask and they will help you.I love the job and the people I worked with.
Good work-life balance, toxic middle management
Global Category Manager - Marketing & ITS (Current Employee) –  Auckland3 May 2017
Good work-life balance, toxic middle management. Subjective criteria in career progression based on social interaction not performance. Lack of structure and policies. High turn over. Some very dysfunctional departments.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
toxic management
Quality production,efficient and safe enviroment
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland2 May 2017
It has been most achievement for in career working at Fisher Paykel
Learned a lot through internal assessments and reviews
Friendly good understanding staffs
working as a team for any moments
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand6 March 2017
My role as a Customer Service Representative was to assist all Fisher & Paykel clientele with any issues/queries they had. I was expected to be a confident person with excellent listening skills who was able to make fair decisions based on the customer’s/clients situation and company guidelines.
Pros
Work culture - Family
Cons
nil
Productive, fun place to work
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Mosgiel9 January 2017
Busy days with varied jobs. I learnt to build a dish draw dishwasher and parts from start to finish. Co-workers were great fun people to work with. Nothing hard about the job. Was an enjoyable job full stop. Unfortunately the plant moved to Mexico, so made redundant.
Pros
Busy, varied days, money
Good work life balance
PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland8 December 2016
If you have no career ambitions and you're happy to work a typical 9am-5pm day then this is the place for you! I personally found it suffocating and had to leave in order to pursue a more challenging and satisfying role. But if you want an easy job, look no further!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible management
Productive work place
Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland10 October 2016
Learn a lot with nice people.
Good understanding of machine and manually operations and learn to Deliver In Full On Time within Spec
Productive and fun workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland24 September 2016
A typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of reporting of the weekly productive in the management area meeting , as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals in training them for the job in my duty of Assistant Trainer. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones for our team leader when He was away sick, drafting documents for staff area meeting and entering of data in the daily productive calendar. I also still managed to complete my job at the end of the day.
Pros
heaps of beneficals
Cons
Transferring the company to Thailand.
excellent and fun
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland6 September 2016
process worker who learned ohow to multitask and be proactive in the assignments given to me.good challenges awesome management,people is the best thing ever that you will miss most.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2