Fisher & Paykel Appliances
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fisher & Paykel Appliances Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland21 reviews
Good company to work for, will recommend to family and friends. I have the best team leader, very caring, helpful. Always has your back when you are needing help at work or personal.
If you like fast paced and customer escalations then this is the job for you. If you get a good team leader then you will be alright. But not the easiest job to take on as a consultant.
Pros
Childrens day is awesome
Cons
Team leader sucks, so many escalations.
F&P Appliances NZ.
Although factory production has since ceased, I have very fond working memories there. Sports days, xmass celebration day for workers families. Generations of families worked there and made some life long friends.

Top grade cafeteria with good quality meals.
Why is this compulsory 150 is a lot characters and I havent worked for this company for some time. More words unti we reach the number. Pretty good company, might go back
typical day at work would be to meet our hourly targets. I learned how to work well in a team, and to work hard. Hardest part of the job was the increase of orders and having to work crazy hours.
awesome company, friendly people. Loved working at Fisher & Paykel, had the best cafeteria, meals were cheap. My job was easy. Had job training which helped alot in order to do the work efficiently. Very repetitive do the same thing day in day out. But I loved my job and the people that I worked with.
Pros
canteen and people
Cons
have none
HR only support strongly to top management. This leads to bullying action to the lower level employee. Working environment is not healthy.
Company not dynamic to the market situation.

Innovation is often not support.
Pros
Reputable Company
Cons
Not a friendly place to work
Work on lots of different problems from solving warranty issues to NPI design. Generally work is varied enough to hold interest but not all knowledge is used in new products.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Slow management of projects with undefined customer interests
Rostered hours for this call centre meant that the balance between personal and work life was challenging. Being able to manage the hours proved challenging, meant that I would be working up to 7pm on a late night
Pros
free specified car parking
Cons
rostered shifts
I love it when it's busy makes the time goes faster.Very friendly and helpful people if you don't know anything don't be shy to ask and they will help you.I love the job and the people I worked with.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fisher & Paykel Appliances?
Good work-life balance, toxic middle management. Subjective criteria in career progression based on social interaction not performance. Lack of structure and policies. High turn over. Some very dysfunctional departments.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
toxic management
My role as a Customer Service Representative was to assist all Fisher & Paykel clientele with any issues/queries they had. I was expected to be a confident person with excellent listening skills who was able to make fair decisions based on the customer’s/clients situation and company guidelines.
Pros
Work culture - Family
Cons
nil
I have gained a lot of experience in the production line. Management was good, got along with the people and the work was very fast and had to make sure that the product was at a high standard. Great team work and effort that made the company work over the past years.
Pros
Bonuses and shares.
A great Kiwi success story which has a fascinating history and a very bright future (number one on the TIN100).

Great culture and very flat structure and probably the best Exec team I've seen.
Pros
Fun and social
Cons
Not many!
Great company to work for, Always updating training Staff friendly great meals, Always like to new things every day Always a enjoyable
great company, but they have an age limit
Traveled around the world established personal relationships with customers

I still am great friends with most of them

Our product had some shortcomings, so it was a very challenging sale but we did well still

and we had free food when traveling and free gas

miss that!
Pros
New Zealand
Cons
late term bad management
Great people. Quite flexible hours, as long as results are achieved. Company looks after their people and get loyal employees in return who engage in projects aiming for the best possible outcomes. The best company I have ever worked for.
Was a good job before they let me go for maternity. Not that greatful as even tho I was new to the appliances side, I had been in the electronic department for nearly three years in a tempory worker but full time and management did not think to make me permenant after one year.
Pros
Night shift Allowance
I would answer product queries, book technicians, if unable to help I would esculate to Customer Relations
Pros
great working environment
Cons
distance from home in traffic
* Provide excellent customer service; Learnt to perfect my customer service skills; Learnt to navigate systems efficiently whilst on phone; Happy I gained lending and processes skills
* Encourages healthy habits e.g. provides health magazines in lunch rooms and have a web information site for employees

* Excellent Recreational Lunch/Café

* Encourages employee education; ETITO Call Centre Operations Level 3 Certificate and Assessor Certificate

* Provides Toastmasters training

* Fun Kids Christmas Functions and Team Functions

* Loved the energy my Manager/s gave, always came through with infectious positive attitudes, will never forget their smiles

* My co-workers are lovely and hardworking, found life-long role models

* The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer is satisfied with the service we provide.
Pros
Induction process effectively organised, team orientated and positive
Cons
A typical day was the day to day running of the raw materials warehouse servicing the production lines. The management were fear, my co workers were enjoyable people to work with. The hardest part of my job was too dismiss an employee. The enjoyable of the job was going to work and helping to make improvements with my area staffs help. If I cant do it why should they.
Pros
A great cafe for meals, great bonus and super plan
Cons
long hours and shift work