Fisher & Paykel Appliances Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

high energy and productive
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Auckland12 August 2019
typical day at work would be to meet our hourly targets. I learned how to work well in a team, and to work hard. Hardest part of the job was the increase of orders and having to work crazy hours.
fun place to work at
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland12 May 2019
awesome company, friendly people. Loved working at Fisher & Paykel, had the best cafeteria, meals were cheap. My job was easy. Had job training which helped alot in order to do the work efficiently. Very repetitive do the same thing day in day out. But I loved my job and the people that I worked with.
Pros
canteen and people
Cons
have none
Support goes to the close circle group
Customer and Production Support (Motor) (Former Employee) –  Auckland20 February 2018
HR only support strongly to top management. This leads to bullying action to the lower level employee. Working environment is not healthy.
Company not dynamic to the market situation.
Innovation is often not support.
Pros
Reputable Company
Cons
Not a friendly place to work
Product Development
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland24 January 2018
Work on lots of different problems from solving warranty issues to NPI design. Generally work is varied enough to hold interest but not all knowledge is used in new products.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Slow management of projects with undefined customer interests
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland NZ29 August 2017
Rostered hours for this call centre meant that the balance between personal and work life was challenging. Being able to manage the hours proved challenging, meant that I would be working up to 7pm on a late night
Pros
free specified car parking
Cons
rostered shifts
Fun and busy work place.
Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland City New Zealand17 May 2017
I love it when it's busy makes the time goes faster.Very friendly and helpful people if you don't know anything don't be shy to ask and they will help you.I love the job and the people I worked with.
Good work-life balance, toxic middle management
Global Category Manager - Marketing & ITS (Current Employee) –  Auckland3 May 2017
Good work-life balance, toxic middle management. Subjective criteria in career progression based on social interaction not performance. Lack of structure and policies. High turn over. Some very dysfunctional departments.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
toxic management
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand6 March 2017
My role as a Customer Service Representative was to assist all Fisher & Paykel clientele with any issues/queries they had. I was expected to be a confident person with excellent listening skills who was able to make fair decisions based on the customer’s/clients situation and company guidelines.
Pros
Work culture - Family
Cons
nil
Fun and a good place to work in.
production assembler (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland10 May 2016
I have gained a lot of experience in the production line. Management was good, got along with the people and the work was very fast and had to make sure that the product was at a high standard. Great team work and effort that made the company work over the past years.
Pros
Bonuses and shares.
Fast moving, fun and innovative
Global Talent Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand16 November 2015
A great Kiwi success story which has a fascinating history and a very bright future (number one on the TIN100).

Great culture and very flat structure and probably the best Exec team I've seen.
Pros
Fun and social
Cons
Not many!
Great company to work at
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand26 July 2015
Great company to work for, Always updating training Staff friendly great meals, Always like to new things every day Always a enjoyable
challenging and rewarding
Regional Manufacturer's Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand16 July 2015
great company, but they have an age limit
Traveled around the world established personal relationships with customers
I still am great friends with most of them
Our product had some shortcomings, so it was a very challenging sale but we did well still
and we had free food when traveling and free gas
miss that!
Pros
New Zealand
Cons
late term bad management
Diverse culture and great people to share and learn with. Great fun to work.
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand22 April 2015
Great people. Quite flexible hours, as long as results are achieved. Company looks after their people and get loyal employees in return who engage in projects aiming for the best possible outcomes. The best company I have ever worked for.
Team Work required
Process worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N6 July 2014
Was a good job before they let me go for maternity. Not that greatful as even tho I was new to the appliances side, I had been in the electronic department for nearly three years in a tempory worker but full time and management did not think to make me permenant after one year.
Pros
Night shift Allowance
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auckland23 June 2014
I would answer product queries, book technicians, if unable to help I would esculate to Customer Relations
Pros
great working environment
Cons
distance from home in traffic
Professional and team orientated workplace who invests in employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand27 February 2014
* Provide excellent customer service; Learnt to perfect my customer service skills; Learnt to navigate systems efficiently whilst on phone; Happy I gained lending and processes skills
* Encourages healthy habits e.g. provides health magazines in lunch rooms and have a web information site for employees
* Excellent Recreational Lunch/Café
* Encourages employee education; ETITO Call Centre Operations Level 3 Certificate and Assessor Certificate
* Provides Toastmasters training
* Fun Kids Christmas Functions and Team Functions
* Loved the energy my Manager/s gave, always came through with infectious positive attitudes, will never forget their smiles
* My co-workers are lovely and hardworking, found life-long role models
* The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer is satisfied with the service we provide.
Pros
Induction process effectively organised, team orientated and positive
Cons
It was a very good place to work. The staff were friendly
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  71 Springs road Auckland New Zealand20 August 2013
A typical day was the day to day running of the raw materials warehouse servicing the production lines. The management were fear, my co workers were enjoyable people to work with. The hardest part of my job was too dismiss an employee. The enjoyable of the job was going to work and helping to make improvements with my area staffs help. If I cant do it why should they.
Pros
A great cafe for meals, great bonus and super plan
Cons
long hours and shift work