Fisher & Paykel Appliances Employee Reviews in East Tamaki, Auckland

Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland13 April 2018
Working at Fisher n Paykel was a great experience I was a part of making some top shelf products. I learnt to work as a team and individually under pressure I also learnt how to work hard to produce perfect results which was a perfect product. I was a part of a multi million dollar organisation which was something to be really proud of. staff and management were a blessing to work with. The hardest part of the job was the pressure to push out a perfect product for a customer, which when you did a big weight was lifted off my shoulders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team, I worked with a great bunch of people that had the same goal as me on the line... which was to do the job right.
Pros
Four days on three days off.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Work place at Fisher & Paykel
Advanced Operator / 2IC (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland10 September 2017
Fisher & Paykel was a work place that you can wake up in the morning and want to go to work. It was family orientated and your fellow workers were like your own family member. Everyone looked after each other, even Management had High respect for the production floor. No one looked down at anyone we were all the same.Work environment was clean and safe. The job shown was very explanatory. Management again always acknowledging your thoughts that may improve on certain things, listening to us. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Cafeteria, car park, Security, Happy hours, Reviews were updated, Nurses on hand.
No time for family
Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland18 August 2017
Good money long hours no time for family. Asked to work overtime when you say no given guilt treatment. Family asleep when you leave and when you return
Pros
good money
Cons
no time with kids
I like it there good friends good atmosphere.
Good team talks to help us improve.
Sharing ideas.
Helping each other.
Great learning when breakdown occur.
Good time and ahalf doubble time overtime.
You can buy almost any appliances you want.
Pros
An excellent cafe to eat at they had mean menus.
Cons
Long hours if you work overtime
People i were amazing and great to work with
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland2 July 2017
I got to know alot of peope who were able to teach me new things and helped me to gain confidence and move up.
They would challenge you to expand and gain confidence.
Pros
Enjoying going to work each day
Cons
Long hours but worth it.
Quality production,efficient and safe enviroment
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland2 May 2017
It has been most achievement for in career working at Fisher Paykel
Learned a lot through internal assessments and reviews
Friendly good understanding staffs
working as a team for any moments
Good work life balance
PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland8 December 2016
If you have no career ambitions and you're happy to work a typical 9am-5pm day then this is the place for you! I personally found it suffocating and had to leave in order to pursue a more challenging and satisfying role. But if you want an easy job, look no further!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible management
Productive work place
Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland10 October 2016
Learn a lot with nice people.
Good understanding of machine and manually operations and learn to Deliver In Full On Time within Spec
Productive and fun workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland24 September 2016
A typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of reporting of the weekly productive in the management area meeting , as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals in training them for the job in my duty of Assistant Trainer. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones for our team leader when He was away sick, drafting documents for staff area meeting and entering of data in the daily productive calendar. I also still managed to complete my job at the end of the day.
Pros
heaps of beneficals
Cons
Transferring the company to Thailand.
excellent and fun
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland6 September 2016
process worker who learned ohow to multitask and be proactive in the assignments given to me.good challenges awesome management,people is the best thing ever that you will miss most.
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland31 May 2016
No 2 days for me were the same
Management was ok
Co-workers were ok
I kearnt basic wiring, welding, shelving and charging compressors
Pros
Vouchers for free lunches
Every day is different and full of challenges.
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland13 April 2016
A typical day that starts off with goodmornings from all, a coffee in my hand and me ready to rock n roll with the customers from USA.

You quickly learn to speak slowly with our overseas friends in order to be heard and understood. Most of the time our callers from USA prefer to listen to our NZ accent as they say it's hypnotising,

Management are great, very helpful and full of energy and motivation.

My co-workers were always very accommodating and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part was helping people with their queries regarding their different appliances that needed basic self repairing and at the same time learning about the different areas in the USA they were calling from.
Pros
Free fruits.
Cons
Shift work.
Productive and fun workplace, Takes exercise. Wears one down quite a bit.
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, N5 January 2016
I always have a lot of fun at work and continue my search on for other jobs after work and try to spend as little money as possible. I am looking at other areas of work and are trying to find something of my interest rather than searching for criteria that i only i am applicable for as i would also like to meet new people and socialize.

I believe that i can always do better at my activities so i am applying for skills at other subjects in certain schools at meeting all of the criteria of the primary targets and subjects at the moment.

I would like to buld momentum and steadily work through graphs with employers at companies based on drawings or graphics. I can create a creative influence on drawings but would like put that oppertunity together by trying out a project.
Pros
Free lunch, Friendly hello
Cons
Injuries, Fatigue
fun and helpful place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki10 September 2015
I was an appliance inspector where I checked if the appliances had faults before items were shipped. I worked with an extremely friendly and supportive team who helped each other throughout the day.
The management team were friendly and always finding ways for staff to up skill and promote our selves within the company.
Pros
interesting and challenging work
Cons
positions became redundant
Fun workplace
Customer Care Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, East Tamaki15 July 2015
sometimes i get bad customers, but iv learnt to listen to them and seek help from the manger, Helping others is what makes my day good, i like to work with people who are friendly and kind and just enjoy the workplace. Being around different people makes me learn more about there personality and there background as in culture wise. Im always on time to work and I'm the type of person who likes to take any challenge that heads my way.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no that long
Fantastic Company ethics
CNC Machine Operator/Setter (Former Employee) –  Auckland, East Tamaki30 June 2015
I've made a lot of friends from many cultures, countries and languages. Came across many attitudes and self learn how to deal handle each one.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Takes a lot of hours to earn the good money, less time for family
good
Maker of parts :-) (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, N23 June 2015
great people, great hours, great pay (at that time)
awesome and would love to work there again someday

Friendly and family orientated also.
Result focused
R&D Quality Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Maurice Paykel Place, East Tamaki9 October 2014
There are quiet days and some busy days. Deepending on where the project teams are at in their projects. Things get really busy when they are busy with validations.
First job in NZ
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki11 May 2014
It was my very first job in Newzealand. i learned many new things there. become a plastic injunction molding machine operator and gained many skills. it was a excellent team .
Pros
I was getting shift benifits
Cons
Overtime
this was the best job
Process worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki Auckland New Zealand16 March 2014
loved working here the peaople the managers and the system itself was really good always putting their staff and their needs first.
Pros
Had sports teams against other companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.

Fisher & Paykel Appliances Reviews by Location