Fisher & Paykel Appliances Management reviews

Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland13 April 2018
Working at Fisher n Paykel was a great experience I was a part of making some top shelf products. I learnt to work as a team and individually under pressure I also learnt how to work hard to produce perfect results which was a perfect product. I was a part of a multi million dollar organisation which was something to be really proud of. staff and management were a blessing to work with. The hardest part of the job was the pressure to push out a perfect product for a customer, which when you did a big weight was lifted off my shoulders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team, I worked with a great bunch of people that had the same goal as me on the line... which was to do the job right.
Pros
Four days on three days off.
Cons
12 hour shifts
Support goes to the close circle group
Customer and Production Support (Motor) (Former Employee) –  Auckland20 February 2018
HR only support strongly to top management. This leads to bullying action to the lower level employee. Working environment is not healthy.
Company not dynamic to the market situation.
Innovation is often not support.
Pros
Reputable Company
Cons
Not a friendly place to work
Product Development
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland24 January 2018
Work on lots of different problems from solving warranty issues to NPI design. Generally work is varied enough to hold interest but not all knowledge is used in new products.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Slow management of projects with undefined customer interests
Work place at Fisher & Paykel
Advanced Operator / 2IC (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland10 September 2017
Fisher & Paykel was a work place that you can wake up in the morning and want to go to work. It was family orientated and your fellow workers were like your own family member. Everyone looked after each other, even Management had High respect for the production floor. No one looked down at anyone we were all the same.Work environment was clean and safe. The job shown was very explanatory. Management again always acknowledging your thoughts that may improve on certain things, listening to us. Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Cafeteria, car park, Security, Happy hours, Reviews were updated, Nurses on hand.
Good work-life balance, toxic middle management
Global Category Manager - Marketing & ITS (Current Employee) –  Auckland3 May 2017
Good work-life balance, toxic middle management. Subjective criteria in career progression based on social interaction not performance. Lack of structure and policies. High turn over. Some very dysfunctional departments.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
toxic management
Good work life balance
PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland8 December 2016
If you have no career ambitions and you're happy to work a typical 9am-5pm day then this is the place for you! I personally found it suffocating and had to leave in order to pursue a more challenging and satisfying role. But if you want an easy job, look no further!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible management
Productive and fun workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland24 September 2016
A typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of reporting of the weekly productive in the management area meeting , as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals in training them for the job in my duty of Assistant Trainer. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones for our team leader when He was away sick, drafting documents for staff area meeting and entering of data in the daily productive calendar. I also still managed to complete my job at the end of the day.
Pros
heaps of beneficals
Cons
Transferring the company to Thailand.
excellent and fun
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland6 September 2016
process worker who learned ohow to multitask and be proactive in the assignments given to me.good challenges awesome management,people is the best thing ever that you will miss most.
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland31 May 2016
No 2 days for me were the same
Management was ok
Co-workers were ok
I kearnt basic wiring, welding, shelving and charging compressors
Pros
Vouchers for free lunches
Fun and a good place to work in.
production assembler (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland10 May 2016
I have gained a lot of experience in the production line. Management was good, got along with the people and the work was very fast and had to make sure that the product was at a high standard. Great team work and effort that made the company work over the past years.
Pros
Bonuses and shares.
Every day is different and full of challenges.
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland13 April 2016
A typical day that starts off with goodmornings from all, a coffee in my hand and me ready to rock n roll with the customers from USA.

You quickly learn to speak slowly with our overseas friends in order to be heard and understood. Most of the time our callers from USA prefer to listen to our NZ accent as they say it's hypnotising,

Management are great, very helpful and full of energy and motivation.

My co-workers were always very accommodating and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part was helping people with their queries regarding their different appliances that needed basic self repairing and at the same time learning about the different areas in the USA they were calling from.
Pros
Free fruits.
Cons
Shift work.
fun and helpful place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki10 September 2015
I was an appliance inspector where I checked if the appliances had faults before items were shipped. I worked with an extremely friendly and supportive team who helped each other throughout the day.
The management team were friendly and always finding ways for staff to up skill and promote our selves within the company.
Pros
interesting and challenging work
Cons
positions became redundant
challenging and rewarding
great company, but they have an age limit
Traveled around the world established personal relationships with customers
I still am great friends with most of them
Our product had some shortcomings, so it was a very challenging sale but we did well still
and we had free food when traveling and free gas
miss that!
Pros
New Zealand
Cons
late term bad management
Team Work required
Process worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N6 July 2014
Was a good job before they let me go for maternity. Not that greatful as even tho I was new to the appliances side, I had been in the electronic department for nearly three years in a tempory worker but full time and management did not think to make me permenant after one year.
Pros
Night shift Allowance
A broader perspective of a globalised world has been achieved.
Global Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  East Tamaki,Auckland3 December 2013
As a global customer service agent,the number of varied issues which I deal with on a daily basis offers stimulation.The different markets which we service,including UK,USA, Australia and New Zealand,each has its own challengers,systems and procedures.The 'open door' policy practiced at my workplace fosters confidence in approaching management.Ongoing coaching and support is offered throughout your skills progression at the company.The most challenging part of the job is maintaining professionalism when dealing with escalated customers who tend to become emotional.The most rewarding is meeting the customer's need.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Maintaining service levels
It was a very good place to work. The staff were friendly
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  71 Springs road Auckland New Zealand20 August 2013
A typical day was the day to day running of the raw materials warehouse servicing the production lines. The management were fear, my co workers were enjoyable people to work with. The hardest part of my job was too dismiss an employee. The enjoyable of the job was going to work and helping to make improvements with my area staffs help. If I cant do it why should they.
Pros
A great cafe for meals, great bonus and super plan
Cons
long hours and shift work
Working with family
ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  HIGHBROOK2 May 2013
Everyday is normal.Every day we learn so many gud things,the managements are very good not much pressure and workers are very friendly as afamily.
The work is really good wen u actually know the work.The most enjoyable part is when we all work together as a team and enjoy
Pros
Free gifts
Productive and fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland26 March 2013
* Start times Day shift 7:30am - 4:00pm
* Morning meeting
* Start work
* Time management is a must
* Co - wokers are good
* Skills learnt
Using new tools
Knowledge of bill of materials
Handling of raw materials
Serial number knowledge
Knowledge of customer satisfaction/complaints
* Most enjoyable part of that job is the finacial security and the work environment
Pros
cheap nutritious lunches, good parking, clean environment, mixed cultures
Cons
friendly and awsome place to work
machine opertor (Former Employee) –  east tamaki8 March 2013
they look after us, I learnt many skills and gained a lot of experiences in every department I worked in,
Management are very friendly and interacted with the people on the floor.
co-workers awesome people.
I never found anything hard.
everyday was enjoyable ..