Fisher & Paykel Appliances Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand6 March 2017
My role as a Customer Service Representative was to assist all Fisher & Paykel clientele with any issues/queries they had. I was expected to be a confident person with excellent listening skills who was able to make fair decisions based on the customer’s/clients situation and company guidelines.
Pros
Work culture - Family
Cons
nil
Productive, fun place to work
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Mosgiel9 January 2017
Busy days with varied jobs. I learnt to build a dish draw dishwasher and parts from start to finish. Co-workers were great fun people to work with. Nothing hard about the job. Was an enjoyable job full stop. Unfortunately the plant moved to Mexico, so made redundant.
Pros
Busy, varied days, money
Good work life balance
PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland8 December 2016
If you have no career ambitions and you're happy to work a typical 9am-5pm day then this is the place for you! I personally found it suffocating and had to leave in order to pursue a more challenging and satisfying role. But if you want an easy job, look no further!
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Terrible management
Productive work place
Manufacturer (Current Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland10 October 2016
Learn a lot with nice people.
Good understanding of machine and manually operations and learn to Deliver In Full On Time within Spec
Productive and fun workplace
Data entry (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland24 September 2016
A typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of reporting of the weekly productive in the management area meeting , as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals in training them for the job in my duty of Assistant Trainer. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones for our team leader when He was away sick, drafting documents for staff area meeting and entering of data in the daily productive calendar. I also still managed to complete my job at the end of the day.
Pros
heaps of beneficals
Cons
Transferring the company to Thailand.
excellent and fun
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland6 September 2016
process worker who learned ohow to multitask and be proactive in the assignments given to me.good challenges awesome management,people is the best thing ever that you will miss most.
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland31 May 2016
No 2 days for me were the same
Management was ok
Co-workers were ok
I kearnt basic wiring, welding, shelving and charging compressors
Pros
Vouchers for free lunches
Fun and a good place to work in.
production assembler (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland10 May 2016
I have gained a lot of experience in the production line. Management was good, got along with the people and the work was very fast and had to make sure that the product was at a high standard. Great team work and effort that made the company work over the past years.
Pros
Bonuses and shares.
Every day is different and full of challenges.
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland13 April 2016
A typical day that starts off with goodmornings from all, a coffee in my hand and me ready to rock n roll with the customers from USA.

You quickly learn to speak slowly with our overseas friends in order to be heard and understood. Most of the time our callers from USA prefer to listen to our NZ accent as they say it's hypnotising,

Management are great, very helpful and full of energy and motivation.

My co-workers were always very accommodating and helpful.

The hardest part of my job was leaving it at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part was helping people with their queries regarding their different appliances that needed basic self repairing and at the same time learning about the different areas in the USA they were calling from.
Pros
Free fruits.
Cons
Shift work.
Productive and fun workplace, Takes exercise. Wears one down quite a bit.
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, N5 January 2016
I always have a lot of fun at work and continue my search on for other jobs after work and try to spend as little money as possible. I am looking at other areas of work and are trying to find something of my interest rather than searching for criteria that i only i am applicable for as i would also like to meet new people and socialize.

I believe that i can always do better at my activities so i am applying for skills at other subjects in certain schools at meeting all of the criteria of the primary targets and subjects at the moment.

I would like to buld momentum and steadily work through graphs with employers at companies based on drawings or graphics. I can create a creative influence on drawings but would like put that oppertunity together by trying out a project.
Pros
Free lunch, Friendly hello
Cons
Injuries, Fatigue
Fast moving, fun and innovative
Global Talent Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand16 November 2015
A great Kiwi success story which has a fascinating history and a very bright future (number one on the TIN100).

Great culture and very flat structure and probably the best Exec team I've seen.
Pros
Fun and social
Cons
Not many!
fun and helpful place to work
Inspector (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki10 September 2015
I was an appliance inspector where I checked if the appliances had faults before items were shipped. I worked with an extremely friendly and supportive team who helped each other throughout the day.
The management team were friendly and always finding ways for staff to up skill and promote our selves within the company.
Pros
interesting and challenging work
Cons
positions became redundant
Great company to work at
Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand26 July 2015
Great company to work for, Always updating training Staff friendly great meals, Always like to new things every day Always a enjoyable
challenging and rewarding
great company, but they have an age limit
Traveled around the world established personal relationships with customers
I still am great friends with most of them
Our product had some shortcomings, so it was a very challenging sale but we did well still
and we had free food when traveling and free gas
miss that!
Pros
New Zealand
Cons
late term bad management
Fun workplace
Customer Care Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Auckland, East Tamaki15 July 2015
sometimes i get bad customers, but iv learnt to listen to them and seek help from the manger, Helping others is what makes my day good, i like to work with people who are friendly and kind and just enjoy the workplace. Being around different people makes me learn more about there personality and there background as in culture wise. Im always on time to work and I'm the type of person who likes to take any challenge that heads my way.
Pros
sometimes free lunch
Cons
no that long
Very busy department
New Zealand Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Zealand13 July 2015
I worked 9 till 3 Monday to Friday on the sales desk. A very busy department with a team of 5. We all communicated very well especially at the end of the month which was our busiest time.

The hardest part was the end of the month when you were under immense pressure to get all orders loaded by a set time in order to meet the monthly targets.

Excellent company to work for that always went that extra mile to insure there staff were looked after.
Pros
Discounted staff canteen
Cons
Staff shortage
Fantastic Company ethics
CNC Machine Operator/Setter (Former Employee) –  Auckland, East Tamaki30 June 2015
I've made a lot of friends from many cultures, countries and languages. Came across many attitudes and self learn how to deal handle each one.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Takes a lot of hours to earn the good money, less time for family
good
Maker of parts :-) (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, N23 June 2015
great people, great hours, great pay (at that time)
awesome and would love to work there again someday

Friendly and family orientated also.
Diverse culture and great people to share and learn with. Great fun to work.
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand22 April 2015
Great people. Quite flexible hours, as long as results are achieved. Company looks after their people and get loyal employees in return who engage in projects aiming for the best possible outcomes. The best company I have ever worked for.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Highbrook New Zealand10 January 2015
Shift would start with a briefing for the days target and any company issues for the week.
I learnt how to solder work with components etc.
Co-workers were awesome still remain friends to this day, hardest part of the job was being a Union delegate for my area.
enjoyable part for me was hitting our targets for the shift, knowing that the products we make can save lives and that in some small way we contribute to their care because of what we as a team and workplace provide. Being read out letters from customers/patients really helped put everything the company I worked for into perspective because it was much more than just what happens on the production line. Company bonus was a plus too every 6mths.
Pros
Company Bonus, and knowing our products save lives.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.