Fisher & Paykel Appliances
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Fisher & Paykel Appliances Employee Reviews

New Zealand60 reviews
Good company to work for, will recommend to family and friends. I have the best team leader, very caring, helpful. Always has your back when you are needing help at work or personal.
I've made a lot of friends from many cultures, countries and languages. Came across many attitudes and self learn how to deal handle each one.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Takes a lot of hours to earn the good money, less time for family
great people, great hours, great pay (at that time)
awesome and would love to work there again someday

Friendly and family orientated also.
Great people. Quite flexible hours, as long as results are achieved. Company looks after their people and get loyal employees in return who engage in projects aiming for the best possible outcomes. The best company I have ever worked for.
Shift would start with a briefing for the days target and any company issues for the week.
I learnt how to solder work with components etc.

Co-workers were awesome still remain friends to this day, hardest part of the job was being a Union delegate for my area.

enjoyable part for me was hitting our targets for the shift, knowing that the products we make can save lives and that in some small way we contribute to their care because of what we as a team and workplace provide. Being read out letters from customers/patients really helped put everything the company I worked for into perspective because it was much more than just what happens on the production line. Company bonus was a plus too every 6mths.
Pros
Company Bonus, and knowing our products save lives.
Cons
I loved working for Fisher and Paykel Finance and it gave me the opportunity to grow myself nd expand my skills and knowledge. I have had three managers since being there and every single one of them were all different in an amazing way and had learnt different skills from them. A typical day is starting off answering incoming calls in the mornings until most staff start by 9:30. then i prioritise task for each day to complete call observations and decision reviews for my team of 13-15 as each month we need to ensure weve done 5 calls per month for auditing. Its always a busy day in the office and challenging but thats what i love to do is to keep busy. I have built a close relationship with my peers that every month theres 14 of us that go to dinner every second month and we mostly include partners and kids.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the variety it gave that it was hard to get bored and also the people were amazing and fun.
Pros
fun environment with many competitions within the company
Cons
working the weekends and late nights
There are quiet days and some busy days. Deepending on where the project teams are at in their projects. Things get really busy when they are busy with validations.
i was at fisher and paykel healthcare night shift for years. i left my job because we closed down the night shift. we made all hospital equipments which enrolled all the equipments in ICU, also the masks, inpspiratory & exspiratory tubes and all sorts of other hospital equipment.
i enjoyed the work very much and also the people. We stood the whole night (which i have issues with standing) and it made more exciting cause of the moving around.

We also also lifted heavy things approx 25 kgs the most.

I am a fun person to work with and love to work.

i would like to try out something new and meeting new people
Pros
no free stuff
Was a good job before they let me go for maternity. Not that greatful as even tho I was new to the appliances side, I had been in the electronic department for nearly three years in a tempory worker but full time and management did not think to make me permenant after one year.
Pros
Night shift Allowance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fisher & Paykel Appliances?
I would answer product queries, book technicians, if unable to help I would esculate to Customer Relations
Pros
great working environment
Cons
distance from home in traffic
It was my very first job in Newzealand. i learned many new things there. become a plastic injunction molding machine operator and gained many skills. it was a excellent team .
Pros
I was getting shift benifits
Cons
Overtime
loved working here the peaople the managers and the system itself was really good always putting their staff and their needs first.
Pros
Had sports teams against other companies
* Provide excellent customer service; Learnt to perfect my customer service skills; Learnt to navigate systems efficiently whilst on phone; Happy I gained lending and processes skills
* Encourages healthy habits e.g. provides health magazines in lunch rooms and have a web information site for employees

* Excellent Recreational Lunch/Café

* Encourages employee education; ETITO Call Centre Operations Level 3 Certificate and Assessor Certificate

* Provides Toastmasters training

* Fun Kids Christmas Functions and Team Functions

* Loved the energy my Manager/s gave, always came through with infectious positive attitudes, will never forget their smiles

* My co-workers are lovely and hardworking, found life-long role models

* The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer is satisfied with the service we provide.
Pros
Induction process effectively organised, team orientated and positive
Cons
I have been working here for 7 years and its been a pleasure working with this company. I have learn a lot such as working towards the condition, make sure that we meet our target each day. I have experience in most of the areas especially machinery, prefoam and sub assembly. Most important is team work, there are times when we are short staff we have to work as a team to make sure we can meet our target and we finish the day alright. I get along with most of the workers friendly multi cultural environment. The hardest part of the job is i guess we all have challenges is getting to meet our target and trying to overcome the stress of the job..At the end of the day we all have enjoyed the day..Most enjoyable moment is getting along with co workers and hitting our targets each day and getting rewarded for our hard work..
As a global customer service agent,the number of varied issues which I deal with on a daily basis offers stimulation.The different markets which we service,including UK,USA, Australia and New Zealand,each has its own challengers,systems and procedures.The 'open door' policy practiced at my workplace fosters confidence in approaching management.Ongoing coaching and support is offered throughout your skills progression at the company.The most challenging part of the job is maintaining professionalism when dealing with escalated customers who tend to become emotional.The most rewarding is meeting the customer's need.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Maintaining service levels
A typical day was the day to day running of the raw materials warehouse servicing the production lines. The management were fear, my co workers were enjoyable people to work with. The hardest part of my job was too dismiss an employee. The enjoyable of the job was going to work and helping to make improvements with my area staffs help. If I cant do it why should they.
Pros
A great cafe for meals, great bonus and super plan
Cons
long hours and shift work
Everyday is normal.Every day we learn so many gud things,the managements are very good not much pressure and workers are very friendly as afamily.
The work is really good wen u actually know the work.The most enjoyable part is when we all work together as a team and enjoy
Pros
Free gifts
* Start times Day shift 7:30am - 4:00pm
* Morning meeting

* Start work

* Time management is a must

* Co - wokers are good

* Skills learnt

Using new tools

Knowledge of bill of materials

Handling of raw materials

Serial number knowledge

Knowledge of customer satisfaction/complaints

* Most enjoyable part of that job is the finacial security and the work environment
Pros
cheap nutritious lunches, good parking, clean environment, mixed cultures
Cons
Fisher & Paykel Appliances is a great place to work for any product design engineer. Everyone is friendly and the work environment is relaxed. You are expected to produce results and this only makes you more efficient with your work.
they look after us, I learnt many skills and gained a lot of experiences in every department I worked in,
Management are very friendly and interacted with the people on the floor.

co-workers awesome people.

I never found anything hard.

everyday was enjoyable ..