Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Employee Reviews

Diverse and versatile workplace
Senior Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland26 March 2019
I met lots of diverse and fun loving educated colleagues here. I have learnt lots in order for my career to progress. A great experience and I highly recommend this company.
Awesome place and lovely people
Quality Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland25 January 2019
A day can start very slow, but as you are about to go for morning tea, daily challenges queue and sometimes you end up having to go for morning tea an hour later. I have learned that you need to sell your accomplishment in order to be recognised and promoted. The hardest part of the job is staying late on the last day of work prior to a long weekend to address unfinished business. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with a team that is supporting you all the way.
Pros
Free parking, Lovely garden, Profit sharing, Group insurance
Good Company, Great Products, Bright Future
Back office staff (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 June 2018
-Strong Respiratory Products, especially in Hospital setting
-Work life balance does exist
-Culture differs from team to team - can be very supportive as well as toxic
-Freedom to innovate and try new things
Pros
Work Life Balance and Products
Cons
Rewards and recognition
Very tidy and clean workplace.. People are very friendly.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  New Zealand21 May 2018
I used to work at Fisher &Paykel healthcare.. such a very neat and tidy workplace even the people.
We asswmble medical products.. thats every shoud give their 100% to their work..
Cons
Productive and life balance environment with good benefits
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland8 April 2018
Productive and life balance environment with good benefits.
Multi cultural people with diverse community fair treatment.
Yearly performance review with increase pay rise in salary.
A very fun and productive place to be with.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  NEW ZEALAND29 January 2018
A day spent with the FHP healthcare crew was an awesome experience not I learnt how to assemble products thats where used everyday by our patients but also the purpose behind it however there were some ups and downs but as a team we gathered, discussed as well as work together as a team to not get the job done but to make sure that everything was done properly without any mishaps.Management were understanding towards staff however in some cases it has caused a few problems, this was probably one of the hardest things working at FHP the most complicated one was to making sure that all unit ends and patient ends were checked as well as tubes any faulty equipment or product would cost an innocent life and this was really hard, above all of that being part of that FHP team has taught me how to appreciate life and to work smarter not harder.
Pros
fast paced and productive
Cons
lack of commitment
Great place to work with really smart and motivated people
Senior Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland29 October 2017
Hardest was the fact that they did not allow flexible work times or working from anywhere but the open plan office desk, which is not always conducive to creative work or to reading up on research.
Good and Bad
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 October 2017
Good: Sufficient to live on pay and regular pay increases and bonuses

Bad: Poor upper management, lack of clear direction for product groups and no career or personal development
Productive and
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland18 October 2017
It was one of the cleanest and well organised work place I’ve even seen and work on. Everything must be in it right place. Time and procedure must follow at all time.
Pros
Caffettiera on site, time and a half during overtime
Good culture
Production Team Leader for Sleepstyle (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland25 August 2017
Day started with issues and finish with issues.
Improved communication
Opportunity to build relationship
Get best out of difficult people
Celebration of successes.
Pros
Additional employee benifits
Cons
Less opportunities
A great place to work at
assembler, operator (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland24 August 2017
A typical day at work in my position was fun, always new things to learn and deal with. Overall the people were the main focus and within this company there were many different cultures.
Benefits within the company were great, the main focus was the staff. That is staff overall in the office, as well as on the production floor.
Great team environment
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ4 May 2017
The open floor plan of the office allows for great team communication and collaboration. The life work balance at FPH is also optimal. The company cares about the well-being of the employees.
Great Place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand4 May 2017
Loved working here. Loved my job and the people I worked with. My work kept me busy. I was doing a variety of things. Company was an awesome place to work at. Great benefits and special days off like on your birthdays and employee of the month. Miss working there.
good work place
Registered Electrician (Former Employee) –  Manukau City, Auckland2 May 2017
Good place to work, Very busy as you learn more, I worked in the Site Services Department and there are 4 Electricians handling requests and complaints from about 2000 people and they are very picky.

Thanks
Pros
Understaffed
Cons
Work, life balance
A company on the upswing
QUALITY SYSTEMS GLOBAL PROCESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland16 April 2017
I was part of the quality team. The company was focused on making the best individual I can be for the job and the individuals I worked with. The work was a challenge.
My own experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland15 April 2017
The company provides a relaxing environment for business. The financial benefits are poor compared to its competitors. The culture differs based on where you work and for which dept but the promotions and the rules for promotions are not clear. Many talents left the company because of these 2 reasons.
A very Bug company
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland1 March 2017
Fisher and Paykel healthcare is a very fast paced company.I was managing the Invarda foods/Receiving area of the warehouse with a small team.Great company to be with and surely the most loyal to their workers.Different people and different culture.
Pros
Bonuses and OT
Cons
Very productive and fun working place.
Machine Operator/Temporary (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland19 February 2017
It's a good company, working with people with different ethnicity background. Very supportive when needed help equipment and machines and also training. A lovely environment with friendly people.
Fisher &Paykel Healthcare is a very perfect place to work so secure..and well organised
Assembler (Former Employee) –  NZ16 February 2017
Fisher&Paykel Healthcare company is a very amazing place to work because it clean neat and tidy..the jobs are easy and well organised..meet differ culture..the salary is much is fair enough and a lot of benefits
Pros
happy hours..allowances
Refreshing Corporate
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Home based in christchurch29 August 2016
F & P was a great place to work with great people and management. They give phenomenal support to staff and really care you. My manager was the best I have ever had, she cared and was professional.
Pros
In house cafe
Cons
Too much travel, 3-4 weeks per month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2