Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

productive and friendly workplace

I have great experience working in the production line, pressure is quite intense but manageable. Would love to work back in the future again if have new apportunity.

Pros

free hot drinks weekend shift

Cons

Productive. Restricted talking, questioned when talking to others

The production lines, more than one, have a horrible culture. If you dont fit in the managements box, you get ignored completely. English is only spoken by management in team meetings and when they have to speak to you. Even if you are sitting and working with someone of their nationality, they will come and speak to them in their own language. The money is good only if you are able to work overtime as they provide penal rates for the extra hours and weekends. However, you can only get this overtime if you suck up right person or you are a favourite. ( I myself was asked to grease their palms) The corruption they left behind for a better life, they brought with them and they practise this here. I am speaking about about all nationalities, not just one.I know that most of these people were allowed into New Zealand only because they speak english and have a trade or a skilled worker that we as a country needed. Then why are they in a factory role, on a minimum wage leaving no work for the unskilled New Zealanders who are trying to pay mortgages or sky high rent when these people have qualifications and education to gain other employment????Fisher and Paykel have policies that they are very proud of and they are a real drawcard, but please look past your own desk or office environment. There are people in your care who are suffering .

Pros

Regular income

Cons

Racism, favouritism, empty promises, no advancement

Competitive always follow the book.

Need refreshment course or training. Strict guidelines and procedures to follow. Proud to know that the product that we make in F&P Healthcare are to save life. I don't have any medical experience but my time and effort that I put in to make those products means a lots. We saving life not only New Zealand but world wide.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

All is well

Working with people my nationality is a bonus cause everyone just makes a joke now and then and everyone just starts laughing. Wearing work gowns and caps can be very annoying because it can get warm and tend to sweat.

Everyone was very nice

I love working here everything is so clean and they look after their workers so well. I got to meet so many nice people here it’s sad that I had to leave for my own personal reasons. The best part about this company is your working for healthcare products which could save millions of lives! I love it!

You're just a number

Managers/ Supervisors treat you like a number.. or a robot.. No sense of humane understanding.Money is great, but at the end of the day it wont mask the unappreciated and overlooked feeling you get even though you're trying your utmost best to be the best you can be at your job.No opportunity to advance.If you're kiwi, be prepared to feel isolated as they predomenantly speak languaes other than English.

Pros

Subsidized cafiteria

Cons

Poor management, treated like a number, isolated feeling

Great Company

Great company with great culture and values. Give you a well balanced life in a good environment. Good if you would like to staying in a single position for long period.

Quality of Expat Life

Not being from New Zealand, I found the diversity and culture at F&P to be above and beyond what I could have expected. They really do their best to make everyone feel welcome and included at work.

I have worked as a temp at Fisher and Paykel Healthcare. Its a past paced work. I enjoyed working here as i love to work and accomplish my task o day to day time frame.

Productive but stressful work environment

Fisher and Paykel healthcare is a great company and the job is good. The benefits and bonuses are amazing however management is absolutely rubbish! Great company to work for minus the poor management.

Jobs at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare

See more jobs

Good on-site espresso coffee and free car park and that's about it.

There is no set criteria for career advancement. It's all up to the manager if they want to promote someone or not regardless of their performance, skill sets, or potentials. They don't recognize higher degrees, i.e., masters and PhD. Therefore, the pay is the same even though highly educated people don't need training, can work independently, or can lead a project.

Awesome company, excellent office spaces

Beautifully designed campus and buildings, catering staff nicely appreciated. Working in teams was so good, management provide clear vision and feedback on performance.

Friendly and collaborative work culture. Experienced seniors to guide you. Great place to develop career. Everyday is a new challenge and opportunity to grow. Good work life balance.

Best of the best

FPH care is one of the best companies i ever worked for. The managers,team leaders and engineers was amazing people. My fellow employees was like family. There is a great sense of belonging to something that’s bigger than you self. The cafeteria is world class. The only thing thats not too great is the salaries, but saying that it’s worth the trade of.

Pros

Exceptional work culture

Cons

Salary

Great experience and fun workplace

It was a good experience working at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. The projects provided challenges which allowed me to develop my skills further. The company culture was excellent.

Fun place to work

New Zealand owned company with manufacturing also based in NZ at the time i was employed. Great management team. Impressive amount of money spent on R&D and innovative product pipeline.

Pros

Family friendly

Cons

Travel

Diverse and versatile workplace

I met lots of diverse and fun loving educated colleagues here. I have learnt lots in order for my career to progress. A great experience and I highly recommend this company.

Awesome place and lovely people

A day can start very slow, but as you are about to go for morning tea, daily challenges queue and sometimes you end up having to go for morning tea an hour later. I have learned that you need to sell your accomplishment in order to be recognised and promoted. The hardest part of the job is staying late on the last day of work prior to a long weekend to address unfinished business. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with a team that is supporting you all the way.

Pros

Free parking, Lovely garden, Profit sharing, Group insurance

Good Company, Great Products, Bright Future

-Strong Respiratory Products, especially in Hospital setting -Work life balance does exist -Culture differs from team to team - can be very supportive as well as toxic -Freedom to innovate and try new things

Pros

Work Life Balance and Products

Cons

Rewards and recognition

Very tidy and clean workplace.. People are very friendly.

I used to work at Fisher &Paykel healthcare.. such a very neat and tidy workplace even the people. We asswmble medical products.. thats every shoud give their 100% to their work..

Cons

Productive and life balance environment with good benefits

Productive and life balance environment with good benefits. Multi cultural people with diverse community fair treatment. Yearly performance review with increase pay rise in salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2