Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great company with great culture and values. Give you a well balanced life in a good environment. Good if you would like to staying in a single position for long period.
A day can start very slow, but as you are about to go for morning tea, daily challenges queue and sometimes you end up having to go for morning tea an hour later. I have learned that you need to sell your accomplishment in order to be recognised and promoted. The hardest part of the job is staying late on the last day of work prior to a long weekend to address unfinished business. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with a team that is supporting you all the way.
Pros
Free parking, Lovely garden, Profit sharing, Group insurance
Fisher and Paykel Healthcare was my first production role. It taught me alot about how to deal with stress, difficult team leaders and how to manage myself to suit the role that was required of me. The first production line i was placed on was chaotic because there were to many people in charge of staff. i had heard alot of people complaining about this and was told i had been put on the worst production floor in the company. i soon transferred to a more relaxed line because the hairnets and gowns we had to wear to minimize contamination had started to affect my eczema. this new line was alot more manageable because there was only one person in charge of managing staff and we had a roster so the workload was spread out evenly. overall Fisher and Paykel Healthcare was a big learning experience for me and while it had its flaws it was still a good job.
Pros
Easy to understand and fast paced
Cons
Some lines have bad team management
-Strong Respiratory Products, especially in Hospital setting -Work life balance does exist -Culture differs from team to team - can be very supportive as well as toxic -Freedom to innovate and try new things
Pros
Work Life Balance and Products
Cons
Rewards and recognition
I used to work at Fisher &Paykel healthcare.. such a very neat and tidy workplace even the people. We asswmble medical products.. thats every shoud give their 100% to their work..
Cons
Productive and life balance environment with good benefits. Multi cultural people with diverse community fair treatment. Yearly performance review with increase pay rise in salary.
A day spent with the FHP healthcare crew was an awesome experience not I learnt how to assemble products thats where used everyday by our patients but also the purpose behind it however there were some ups and downs but as a team we gathered, discussed as well as work together as a team to not get the job done but to make sure that everything was done properly without any mishaps.Management were understanding towards staff however in some cases it has caused a few problems, this was probably one of the hardest things working at FHP the most complicated one was to making sure that all unit ends and patient ends were checked as well as tubes any faulty equipment or product would cost an innocent life and this was really hard, above all of that being part of that FHP team has taught me how to appreciate life and to work smarter not harder.
Pros
fast paced and productive
Cons
lack of commitment
Une très bonne expérience dans cette entreprise, cela m'a permis d'apprendre énormément en peu de temps. De plus il y règne une très bonne ambiance.
Pros
Ticket restaurants, ambiance
Hardest was the fact that they did not allow flexible work times or working from anywhere but the open plan office desk, which is not always conducive to creative work or to reading up on research.
Good: Sufficient to live on pay and regular pay increases and bonuses Bad: Poor upper management, lack of clear direction for product groups and no career or personal development
It was one of the cleanest and well organised work place I’ve even seen and work on. Everything must be in it right place. Time and procedure must follow at all time.
Pros
Caffettiera on site, time and a half during overtime
Liberdade com bom ambiente de trabalho. A diferença de fuso horário entre o Brasil e a Nova Zelândia faz com que o funcionário trabalhe mais do que o normal.
Pros
Liberdade
Cons
Mercado
Day started with issues and finish with issues. Improved communication Opportunity to build relationship Get best out of difficult people Celebration of successes.
Pros
Additional employee benifits
Cons
Less opportunities
A typical day at work in my position was fun, always new things to learn and deal with. Overall the people were the main focus and within this company there were many different cultures. Benefits within the company were great, the main focus was the staff. That is staff overall in the office, as well as on the production floor.
The open floor plan of the office allows for great team communication and collaboration. The life work balance at FPH is also optimal. The company cares about the well-being of the employees.
Loved working here. Loved my job and the people I worked with. My work kept me busy. I was doing a variety of things. Company was an awesome place to work at. Great benefits and special days off like on your birthdays and employee of the month. Miss working there.
Good place to work, Very busy as you learn more, I worked in the Site Services Department and there are 4 Electricians handling requests and complaints from about 2000 people and they are very picky. Thanks
Pros
Understaffed
Cons
Work, life balance
I was part of the quality team. The company was focused on making the best individual I can be for the job and the individuals I worked with. The work was a challenge.
The company provides a relaxing environment for business. The financial benefits are poor compared to its competitors. The culture differs based on where you work and for which dept but the promotions and the rules for promotions are not clear. Many talents left the company because of these 2 reasons.
Fisher and Paykel healthcare is a very fast paced company.I was managing the Invarda foods/Receiving area of the warehouse with a small team.Great company to be with and surely the most loyal to their workers.Different people and different culture.
Pros
Bonuses and OT
Cons
It's a good company, working with people with different ethnicity background. Very supportive when needed help equipment and machines and also training. A lovely environment with friendly people.