Fisher & Paykel Healthcare

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Employee Reviews

New Zealand60 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

Exciting work and great company culture

Great place to work in terms of people and culture. Your role can vary widely depending on which team you're placed in. Everyone feels they are playing a part in the company's future.

Pros

Subsidised cafeteria, exciting products

Cons

Documentation, processes associated with a large med. device company

Productive and fun place to work

Management is fair enough in dealing with employees. Friendly and helpful supervisors. They pay public holidays and kiwi saver even if you are only temp. Very clean atmosphere and strict safety standards.

It was awesome doing job in this company

I love working in company, my team leader , my OJT , my maintain n the beautiful lovely n friendly staffs were awesome , as today is my last night doing job in this company, I love to work again n again in this awesome company in my future when ever I get a chance 🙂

A fun and relaxed kinda work. You can sit you can stand, very friendly and kind people. No heavy lifting. Good dress code. Long pants and t shirts.

Working there is like heaven. Lols. To be honest I really like it there, easy and good pay rate. No heavy lifting. Everyone treated equally. Even the dress code, love it. I hope I'll get a chance to go there anytime soon. 😊

Pros

Shoe code absolutely 💯 👌 as long as you cover ur feet.

Cons

8 hours weekly, weekends off.

The company always prioritized staff's health and gave amazing benefits

The company always prioritized staff's health and gave amazing benefits. I was able to train whilst being paid and the company gave paid sick leaves and holidays.

Pros

Insurances

Easy job

This job is very easy for the pay which is above minimum wage as it is very repetitive and only requires speed after initially learning how to operate the machines. Socially it was a bit meh. I was able to make a handful of good friends which helped to carry on working here even when i didnt like it.

Pros

Above minimum wage pay for job.

Work is work no matter where you go.

Fisher and Paykel Healthcare @Highbrook is the most toxic place I've worked at. Work is work no matter where you go...but MANAGEMENT are bad. The favouritism...the bribes...just to secure a permanent job💩...not worth it. The workers are nice but MANAGEMENT if your not on their Christmas list chances are you'll always be scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Don't waste your time complaining as they're all in it TOGETHER. They make it sound like they care when talking to you but that's because they are representing a Global company. .just window dressing...👎

Pros

Home time

Cons

Standing ..no work variety...

Collaborative & plenty of time for planning

University like environment where you get to put your ideas on the table & being heard. Management is awesome & you're constantly being approached by the senior to make sure you are on the right path. I just loved my time there.

Pros

Subsidized lunch, stock benefits, on-site clinics, etc.

Cons

Too much documentation & approval needed for getting the product to the consumer.

productive and friendly workplace

I have great experience working in the production line, pressure is quite intense but manageable. Would love to work back in the future again if have new apportunity.

Pros

free hot drinks weekend shift

Cons

Productive. Restricted talking, questioned when talking to others

The production lines, more than one, have a horrible culture. If you dont fit in the managements box, you get ignored completely. English is only spoken by management in team meetings and when they have to speak to you. Even if you are sitting and working with someone of their nationality, they will come and speak to them in their own language. The money is good only if you are able to work overtime as they provide penal rates for the extra hours and weekends. However, you can only get this overtime if you suck up right person or you are a favourite. ( I myself was asked to grease their palms) The corruption they left behind for a better life, they brought with them and they practise this here. I am speaking about about all nationalities, not just one.I know that most of these people were allowed into New Zealand only because they speak english and have a trade or a skilled worker that we as a country needed. Then why are they in a factory role, on a minimum wage leaving no work for the unskilled New Zealanders who are trying to pay mortgages or sky high rent when these people have qualifications and education to gain other employment????Fisher and Paykel have policies that they are very proud of and they are a real drawcard, but please look past your own desk or office environment. There are people in your care who are suffering .

Pros

Regular income

Cons

Racism, favouritism, empty promises, no advancement

Competitive always follow the book.

Need refreshment course or training. Strict guidelines and procedures to follow. Proud to know that the product that we make in F&P Healthcare are to save life. I don't have any medical experience but my time and effort that I put in to make those products means a lots. We saving life not only New Zealand but world wide.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

All is well

Working with people my nationality is a bonus cause everyone just makes a joke now and then and everyone just starts laughing. Wearing work gowns and caps can be very annoying because it can get warm and tend to sweat.

Everyone was very nice

I love working here everything is so clean and they look after their workers so well. I got to meet so many nice people here it’s sad that I had to leave for my own personal reasons. The best part about this company is your working for healthcare products which could save millions of lives! I love it!

You're just a number

Managers/ Supervisors treat you like a number.. or a robot.. No sense of humane understanding.Money is great, but at the end of the day it wont mask the unappreciated and overlooked feeling you get even though you're trying your utmost best to be the best you can be at your job.No opportunity to advance.If you're kiwi, be prepared to feel isolated as they predomenantly speak languaes other than English.

Pros

Subsidized cafiteria

Cons

Poor management, treated like a number, isolated feeling

Great Company

Great company with great culture and values. Give you a well balanced life in a good environment. Good if you would like to staying in a single position for long period.

Quality of Expat Life

Not being from New Zealand, I found the diversity and culture at F&P to be above and beyond what I could have expected. They really do their best to make everyone feel welcome and included at work.

I have worked as a temp at Fisher and Paykel Healthcare. Its a past paced work. I enjoyed working here as i love to work and accomplish my task o day to day time frame.

Productive but stressful work environment

Fisher and Paykel healthcare is a great company and the job is good. The benefits and bonuses are amazing however management is absolutely rubbish! Great company to work for minus the poor management.

Good on-site espresso coffee and free car park and that's about it.

There is no set criteria for career advancement. It's all up to the manager if they want to promote someone or not regardless of their performance, skill sets, or potentials. They don't recognize higher degrees, i.e., masters and PhD. Therefore, the pay is the same even though highly educated people don't need training, can work independently, or can lead a project.

Awesome company, excellent office spaces

Beautifully designed campus and buildings, catering staff nicely appreciated. Working in teams was so good, management provide clear vision and feedback on performance.

Friendly and collaborative work culture. Experienced seniors to guide you. Great place to develop career. Everyday is a new challenge and opportunity to grow. Good work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fisher & Paykel Healthcare