Fisher & Paykel Healthcare

New Zealand61 reviews

Clear
4.2Work–Life Balance

Assembly line

Sitting in a line with different people is fun I mean having a moment to experience work ethic and others culture at the same time is kinda fun for me while working in Paykel

Pros

Production line

Cons

Rotation 2hours for different task

Exciting work and great company culture

Great place to work in terms of people and culture. Your role can vary widely depending on which team you're placed in. Everyone feels they are playing a part in the company's future.

Pros

Subsidised cafeteria, exciting products

Cons

Documentation, processes associated with a large med. device company

It was awesome doing job in this company

I love working in company, my team leader , my OJT , my maintain n the beautiful lovely n friendly staffs were awesome , as today is my last night doing job in this company, I love to work again n again in this awesome company in my future when ever I get a chance 🙂

Productive. Restricted talking, questioned when talking to others

The production lines, more than one, have a horrible culture. If you dont fit in the managements box, you get ignored completely. English is only spoken by management in team meetings and when they have to speak to you. Even if you are sitting and working with someone of their nationality, they will come and speak to them in their own language. The money is good only if you are able to work overtime as they provide penal rates for the extra hours and weekends. However, you can only get this overtime if you suck up right person or you are a favourite. ( I myself was asked to grease their palms) The corruption they left behind for a better life, they brought with them and they practise this here. I am speaking about about all nationalities, not just one.I know that most of these people were allowed into New Zealand only because they speak english and have a trade or a skilled worker that we as a country needed. Then why are they in a factory role, on a minimum wage leaving no work for the unskilled New Zealanders who are trying to pay mortgages or sky high rent when these people have qualifications and education to gain other employment????Fisher and Paykel have policies that they are very proud of and they are a real drawcard, but please look past your own desk or office environment. There are people in your care who are suffering .

Pros

Regular income

Cons

Racism, favouritism, empty promises, no advancement

Great Company

Great company with great culture and values. Give you a well balanced life in a good environment. Good if you would like to staying in a single position for long period.

Quality of Expat Life

Not being from New Zealand, I found the diversity and culture at F&P to be above and beyond what I could have expected. They really do their best to make everyone feel welcome and included at work.

I have worked as a temp at Fisher and Paykel Healthcare. Its a past paced work. I enjoyed working here as i love to work and accomplish my task o day to day time frame.

Awesome company, excellent office spaces

Beautifully designed campus and buildings, catering staff nicely appreciated. Working in teams was so good, management provide clear vision and feedback on performance.

Friendly and collaborative work culture. Experienced seniors to guide you. Great place to develop career. Everyday is a new challenge and opportunity to grow. Good work life balance.

Best of the best

FPH care is one of the best companies i ever worked for. The managers,team leaders and engineers was amazing people. My fellow employees was like family. There is a great sense of belonging to something that’s bigger than you self. The cafeteria is world class. The only thing thats not too great is the salaries, but saying that it’s worth the trade of.

Pros

Exceptional work culture

Cons

Salary

Great experience and fun workplace

It was a good experience working at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. The projects provided challenges which allowed me to develop my skills further. The company culture was excellent.

Diverse and versatile workplace

I met lots of diverse and fun loving educated colleagues here. I have learnt lots in order for my career to progress. A great experience and I highly recommend this company.

Awesome place and lovely people

A day can start very slow, but as you are about to go for morning tea, daily challenges queue and sometimes you end up having to go for morning tea an hour later. I have learned that you need to sell your accomplishment in order to be recognised and promoted. The hardest part of the job is staying late on the last day of work prior to a long weekend to address unfinished business. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with a team that is supporting you all the way.

Pros

Free parking, Lovely garden, Profit sharing, Group insurance

Work is part of my family

I was so happy to be part of this wonderful company, I surround with a very secure environment, the opportunity that they were offer, I was cherished every memories and good things that I have from the company. What I learned was the relationship with each other, even though how hard and busy routine through the day, the end of the day I always remain the same with each other. I managed to work with different type of people, and I loved to be part of any group celebrations. The hardest part of the job, when something went wrong during the day, for example, Power cut or the company having bad news, I saw the frustrated and negative moment in people’s eyes. But the most enjoyable part of the job, when we work together to achieved our daily goal, and also when we celebrate different cultures every year. I am delightful to be thankful for all the people that i work with, especially the wonderful company.

Good Company, Great Products, Bright Future

-Strong Respiratory Products, especially in Hospital setting -Work life balance does exist -Culture differs from team to team - can be very supportive as well as toxic -Freedom to innovate and try new things

Pros

Work Life Balance and Products

Cons

Rewards and recognition

A great place to work at

A typical day at work in my position was fun, always new things to learn and deal with. Overall the people were the main focus and within this company there were many different cultures. Benefits within the company were great, the main focus was the staff. That is staff overall in the office, as well as on the production floor.

Great Place to work.

Loved working here. Loved my job and the people I worked with. My work kept me busy. I was doing a variety of things. Company was an awesome place to work at. Great benefits and special days off like on your birthdays and employee of the month. Miss working there.

A company on the upswing

I was part of the quality team. The company was focused on making the best individual I can be for the job and the individuals I worked with. The work was a challenge.

My own experience

The company provides a relaxing environment for business. The financial benefits are poor compared to its competitors. The culture differs based on where you work and for which dept but the promotions and the rules for promotions are not clear. Many talents left the company because of these 2 reasons.

A very Bug company

Fisher and Paykel healthcare is a very fast paced company.I was managing the Invarda foods/Receiving area of the warehouse with a small team.Great company to be with and surely the most loyal to their workers.Different people and different culture.

Pros

Bonuses and OT

Cons

Very productive and fun working place.

It's a good company, working with people with different ethnicity background. Very supportive when needed help equipment and machines and also training. A lovely environment with friendly people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fisher & Paykel Healthcare