Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Management reviews

Clear
4.1Work–Life Balance

Productive. Restricted talking, questioned when talking to others

The production lines, more than one, have a horrible culture. If you dont fit in the managements box, you get ignored completely. English is only spoken by management in team meetings and when they have to speak to you. Even if you are sitting and working with someone of their nationality, they will come and speak to them in their own language. The money is good only if you are able to work overtime as they provide penal rates for the extra hours and weekends. However, you can only get this overtime if you suck up right person or you are a favourite. ( I myself was asked to grease their palms) The corruption they left behind for a better life, they brought with them and they practise this here. I am speaking about about all nationalities, not just one.I know that most of these people were allowed into New Zealand only because they speak english and have a trade or a skilled worker that we as a country needed. Then why are they in a factory role, on a minimum wage leaving no work for the unskilled New Zealanders who are trying to pay mortgages or sky high rent when these people have qualifications and education to gain other employment????Fisher and Paykel have policies that they are very proud of and they are a real drawcard, but please look past your own desk or office environment. There are people in your care who are suffering .

Pros

Regular income

Cons

Racism, favouritism, empty promises, no advancement

You're just a number

Managers/ Supervisors treat you like a number.. or a robot.. No sense of humane understanding.Money is great, but at the end of the day it wont mask the unappreciated and overlooked feeling you get even though you're trying your utmost best to be the best you can be at your job.No opportunity to advance.If you're kiwi, be prepared to feel isolated as they predomenantly speak languaes other than English.

Pros

Subsidized cafiteria

Cons

Poor management, treated like a number, isolated feeling

Productive but stressful work environment

Fisher and Paykel healthcare is a great company and the job is good. The benefits and bonuses are amazing however management is absolutely rubbish! Great company to work for minus the poor management.

Awesome company, excellent office spaces

Beautifully designed campus and buildings, catering staff nicely appreciated. Working in teams was so good, management provide clear vision and feedback on performance.

Fun place to work

New Zealand owned company with manufacturing also based in NZ at the time i was employed. Great management team. Impressive amount of money spent on R&D and innovative product pipeline.

Pros

Family friendly

Cons

Travel

A very fun and productive place to be with.

A day spent with the FHP healthcare crew was an awesome experience not I learnt how to assemble products thats where used everyday by our patients but also the purpose behind it however there were some ups and downs but as a team we gathered, discussed as well as work together as a team to not get the job done but to make sure that everything was done properly without any mishaps.Management were understanding towards staff however in some cases it has caused a few problems, this was probably one of the hardest things working at FHP the most complicated one was to making sure that all unit ends and patient ends were checked as well as tubes any faulty equipment or product would cost an innocent life and this was really hard, above all of that being part of that FHP team has taught me how to appreciate life and to work smarter not harder.

Pros

fast paced and productive

Cons

lack of commitment

Good and Bad

Good: Sufficient to live on pay and regular pay increases and bonuses Bad: Poor upper management, lack of clear direction for product groups and no career or personal development

My own experience

The company provides a relaxing environment for business. The financial benefits are poor compared to its competitors. The culture differs based on where you work and for which dept but the promotions and the rules for promotions are not clear. Many talents left the company because of these 2 reasons.

Refreshing Corporate

F & P was a great place to work with great people and management. They give phenomenal support to staff and really care you. My manager was the best I have ever had, she cared and was professional.

Pros

In house cafe

Cons

Too much travel, 3-4 weeks per month.

Great company and working environment

Free parking onsite and great cafeteria with subsidized prices. Mixed nationalities. Management treats all employees fairly. Great remuneration package and incentive packages.

Pros

Free onsite parking and great cafeteria

Work Satisfaction on ALL levels

Challenging job requiring efficient Time Management. Learned Lean Management which was very helpful with Stock Management and various other aspects of the job. Very encouraging manager who made me permanent in just 10 days and helped me expand and improve my skills. Very supportive co-workers who were always will to share their knowledge and provide helpful tips. Encouraging my Manager to remember to save credit card slips so that I could prepare his Expense Records Being trusted to work using my own incentive, sign off on invoices without supervision and the satisfaction I got from meeting Accounting and Board Monthly Report deadlines.

Awesome Company to have worked for

Very productive job, enjoyed working for the company loved the people and my team that I worked with, learned heaps of experience the management was great when I was Team leader on the afternoon shift the hardest thing for me in that roll was to hand out verbal or written warnings to any of my team but my most enjoyable moments were when I saw my team go home with smiles on their faces and come back the next day knowing they enjoy being at work.

Pros

Happy Team enviroment

Cons

Breaks not long enough

FIsher & Paykel Multiculture

Working at Fisher & Paykel is so relaxing, the job is so easy. Sometimes it gets boring, but the people makes it fun. They keep you awake with their silly jokes, within the team that I worked in everyone gets along just fine. The management, no big deal in that department. They can reason with you and also very understanding. What I've learned while working for Fisher & Paykel is how effective it is to work together as a team, completing tasks together-lending a helping hand in time of need and just getting along and respecting each others personal space. The most enjoyable part of the job is our break time, everyone brings out their food and share among each others.

Plasant job

I was working in night shift and it was a plasant job and all team members were very friendly. I learn die setting and quality controll there which increased my skilles.management was very supportive and encourging. The hardest part of the job was the night shift and the enjoyable part was i was learning new skills there

Pros

I was getting shift benifits

Cons

was working extra hours as ot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2