Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Management reviews

A very fun and productive place to be with.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  NEW ZEALAND29 January 2018
A day spent with the FHP healthcare crew was an awesome experience not I learnt how to assemble products thats where used everyday by our patients but also the purpose behind it however there were some ups and downs but as a team we gathered, discussed as well as work together as a team to not get the job done but to make sure that everything was done properly without any mishaps.Management were understanding towards staff however in some cases it has caused a few problems, this was probably one of the hardest things working at FHP the most complicated one was to making sure that all unit ends and patient ends were checked as well as tubes any faulty equipment or product would cost an innocent life and this was really hard, above all of that being part of that FHP team has taught me how to appreciate life and to work smarter not harder.
Pros
fast paced and productive
Cons
lack of commitment
Good and Bad
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland26 October 2017
Good: Sufficient to live on pay and regular pay increases and bonuses

Bad: Poor upper management, lack of clear direction for product groups and no career or personal development
My own experience
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland15 April 2017
The company provides a relaxing environment for business. The financial benefits are poor compared to its competitors. The culture differs based on where you work and for which dept but the promotions and the rules for promotions are not clear. Many talents left the company because of these 2 reasons.
Refreshing Corporate
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Home based in christchurch29 August 2016
F & P was a great place to work with great people and management. They give phenomenal support to staff and really care you. My manager was the best I have ever had, she cared and was professional.
Pros
In house cafe
Cons
Too much travel, 3-4 weeks per month.
Great company and working environment
PA/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland12 July 2016
Free parking onsite and great cafeteria with subsidized prices.
Mixed nationalities. Management treats all employees fairly. Great remuneration package and incentive packages.
Pros
Free onsite parking and great cafeteria
Work Satisfaction on ALL levels
PA/Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland22 January 2016
Challenging job requiring efficient Time Management.
Learned Lean Management which was very helpful with Stock Management and various other aspects of the job.
Very encouraging manager who made me permanent in just 10 days and helped me expand and improve my skills.
Very supportive co-workers who were always will to share their knowledge and provide helpful tips.
Encouraging my Manager to remember to save credit card slips so that I could prepare his Expense Records
Being trusted to work using my own incentive, sign off on invoices without supervision and the satisfaction I got from meeting Accounting and Board Monthly Report deadlines.
Awesome Company to have worked for
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N24 May 2015
Very productive job, enjoyed working for the company loved the people and my team that I worked with, learned heaps of experience the management was great when I was Team leader on the afternoon shift the hardest thing for me in that roll was to hand out verbal or written warnings to any of my team but my most enjoyable moments were when I saw my team go home with smiles on their faces and come back the next day knowing they enjoy being at work.
Pros
Happy Team enviroment
Cons
Breaks not long enough
FIsher & Paykel Multiculture
Assembler (Former Employee) –  highbrook2 October 2014
Working at Fisher & Paykel is so relaxing, the job is so easy. Sometimes it gets boring, but the people makes it fun. They keep you awake with their silly jokes, within the team that I worked in everyone gets along just fine.
The management, no big deal in that department. They can reason with you and also very understanding.
What I've learned while working for Fisher & Paykel is how effective it is to work together as a team, completing tasks together-lending a helping hand in time of need and just getting along and respecting each others personal space.
The most enjoyable part of the job is our break time, everyone brings out their food and share among each others.
Plasant job
Machine operator & Die Setter (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki11 May 2014
I was working in night shift and it was a plasant job and all team members were very friendly. I learn die setting and quality controll there which increased my skilles.management was very supportive and encourging. The hardest part of the job was the night shift and the enjoyable part was i was learning new skills there
Pros
I was getting shift benifits
Cons
was working extra hours as ot