Fisher & Paykel Healthcare

Clear
4.2Work–Life Balance
3.8Pay & Benefits

Assembly line

Sitting in a line with different people is fun I mean having a moment to experience work ethic and others culture at the same time is kinda fun for me while working in Paykel

Pros

Production line

Cons

Rotation 2hours for different task

Exciting work and great company culture

Great place to work in terms of people and culture. Your role can vary widely depending on which team you're placed in. Everyone feels they are playing a part in the company's future.

Pros

Subsidised cafeteria, exciting products

Cons

Documentation, processes associated with a large med. device company

It was awesome doing job in this company

I love working in company, my team leader , my OJT , my maintain n the beautiful lovely n friendly staffs were awesome , as today is my last night doing job in this company, I love to work again n again in this awesome company in my future when ever I get a chance 🙂

The company always prioritized staff's health and gave amazing benefits

The company always prioritized staff's health and gave amazing benefits. I was able to train whilst being paid and the company gave paid sick leaves and holidays.

Pros

Insurances

Cons

Collaborative & plenty of time for planning

University like environment where you get to put your ideas on the table & being heard. Management is awesome & you're constantly being approached by the senior to make sure you are on the right path. I just loved my time there.

Pros

Subsidized lunch, stock benefits, on-site clinics, etc.

Cons

Too much documentation & approval needed for getting the product to the consumer.

productive and friendly workplace

I have great experience working in the production line, pressure is quite intense but manageable. Would love to work back in the future again if have new apportunity.

Pros

free hot drinks weekend shift

Cons

Competitive always follow the book.

Need refreshment course or training. Strict guidelines and procedures to follow. Proud to know that the product that we make in F&P Healthcare are to save life. I don't have any medical experience but my time and effort that I put in to make those products means a lots. We saving life not only New Zealand but world wide.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

All is well

Working with people my nationality is a bonus cause everyone just makes a joke now and then and everyone just starts laughing. Wearing work gowns and caps can be very annoying because it can get warm and tend to sweat.

Everyone was very nice

I love working here everything is so clean and they look after their workers so well. I got to meet so many nice people here it’s sad that I had to leave for my own personal reasons. The best part about this company is your working for healthcare products which could save millions of lives! I love it!

You're just a number

Managers/ Supervisors treat you like a number.. or a robot.. No sense of humane understanding.Money is great, but at the end of the day it wont mask the unappreciated and overlooked feeling you get even though you're trying your utmost best to be the best you can be at your job.No opportunity to advance.If you're kiwi, be prepared to feel isolated as they predomenantly speak languaes other than English.

Pros

Subsidized cafiteria

Cons

Poor management, treated like a number, isolated feeling

Great Company

Great company with great culture and values. Give you a well balanced life in a good environment. Good if you would like to staying in a single position for long period.

Quality of Expat Life

Not being from New Zealand, I found the diversity and culture at F&P to be above and beyond what I could have expected. They really do their best to make everyone feel welcome and included at work.

Friendly and collaborative work culture. Experienced seniors to guide you. Great place to develop career. Everyday is a new challenge and opportunity to grow. Good work life balance.

Best of the best

FPH care is one of the best companies i ever worked for. The managers,team leaders and engineers was amazing people. My fellow employees was like family. There is a great sense of belonging to something that’s bigger than you self. The cafeteria is world class. The only thing thats not too great is the salaries, but saying that it’s worth the trade of.

Pros

Exceptional work culture

Cons

Salary

Great experience and fun workplace

It was a good experience working at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. The projects provided challenges which allowed me to develop my skills further. The company culture was excellent.

Diverse and versatile workplace

I met lots of diverse and fun loving educated colleagues here. I have learnt lots in order for my career to progress. A great experience and I highly recommend this company.

Work is part of my family

I was so happy to be part of this wonderful company, I surround with a very secure environment, the opportunity that they were offer, I was cherished every memories and good things that I have from the company. What I learned was the relationship with each other, even though how hard and busy routine through the day, the end of the day I always remain the same with each other. I managed to work with different type of people, and I loved to be part of any group celebrations. The hardest part of the job, when something went wrong during the day, for example, Power cut or the company having bad news, I saw the frustrated and negative moment in people’s eyes. But the most enjoyable part of the job, when we work together to achieved our daily goal, and also when we celebrate different cultures every year. I am delightful to be thankful for all the people that i work with, especially the wonderful company.

Good Company, Great Products, Bright Future

-Strong Respiratory Products, especially in Hospital setting -Work life balance does exist -Culture differs from team to team - can be very supportive as well as toxic -Freedom to innovate and try new things

Pros

Work Life Balance and Products

Cons

Rewards and recognition

Productive and life balance environment with good benefits

Productive and life balance environment with good benefits. Multi cultural people with diverse community fair treatment. Yearly performance review with increase pay rise in salary.

A great place to work at

A typical day at work in my position was fun, always new things to learn and deal with. Overall the people were the main focus and within this company there were many different cultures. Benefits within the company were great, the main focus was the staff. That is staff overall in the office, as well as on the production floor.

Great team environment

The open floor plan of the office allows for great team communication and collaboration. The life work balance at FPH is also optimal. The company cares about the well-being of the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fisher & Paykel Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
  • Work–Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?