Fletcher Building Employee Reviews

Terrible Culture
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Auckland10 July 2019
Awful place. I highly recommend that you neither interview nor work here. They treat potential and actual employees like gum on the bottom of their shoes.
Excellent team based company
Senior Cloud Engineer / Infrastructure Lead (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland11 September 2018
Not 1 day is the same but I cant wait what tomorrow brings. Excellent work life balance and all the best toys to play with the latest tech.

Very knowledgeable team.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Short term
A place to grow professionally
Procurement Category Manager (Indirects) (Current Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland11 June 2018
The employ allowed me to grow in my Category experience and to engage in markets I have not been in before.
The supply chain and customer base was very diverse, and allowed me to further develop my skill sets in stakeholder management.
Intense working environment with large rewards
Graduate Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auckland19 April 2018
Fletchers was an awesome place to work at my point in my career as it provided a robust stepping stone into the engineering industry with sufficient training and resources.
Pros
Free training courses
Productive place to work
Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee) –  Greenlane, Auckland2 April 2018
Fletcher Building is a good place to work, however I have worked there for two years now and am concerned about long term job security so feel that the best thing to do would be to look for a more stable position to work for.
Pros
Work is close to home
Organized
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland31 October 2017
Good people very professional and good place to work.

good surrounding and very talented and educated seniors very good opportunity to learn and grow.
Sucessful and stable residential and commercial building company
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand25 September 2017
The management team are young and motivated and proactive. A great place to work, learn and develop. Plenty of projects to become involved in.
Pros
Located in Auckland, New Zealand
Cons
Not in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Alot if benefits with this company.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland29 May 2017
Great company to work for.Afew opportunities to grow and a company to gain heaps of experience with hardwork and commitment.They also take good care of all employers.
Great work place, not boring and sad. Full of laughs and head down work
Carpentry (building) (Former Employee) –  Flat Bush, Auckland14 February 2017
Had a great time working with them although it was a short time, good bunch to work with they have a laugh and do great work when needed to. They taught me a lot in the short i was there.
Pros
Made me happy working there, making good jokes
A very comfortable and secure place to work environment
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auckland2 September 2016
A typical day can consists of a variety of projects around the production facility focusing on efficiency, machine safety, and general improvements.
I have learned a lot of methods around project management, and working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
My manager believes in a healthy work/life balance and has an open door policy for anyone who has a question.
My co-workers are more than happy to discuss issues, brainstorm etc on projects that I/we are working on.
The hardest part of the job is managing contractors to strict deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge from each new project.
Varied and interesting place to work
National Distribution H&S Advisor (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland11 May 2016
I work in a busy operational DC that runs 24/5 with numerous contractors and visitors on site. My role is primarily Health and Safety focused as well as acting as a 2IC for the operations side of the business meaning I have a very varied and fast paced role within the business. A large part of my role is to manage our contractor relationships especially our primary contractor. This includes our delivery to construction sites service which provide a varied range of duties ensuring our contractors meet customer expectations as well as meet all site and legislative requirements.

The job can be challenging when working within a production based culture where the primary aim is to ensure the product is delivered on time and in spec to customers. My role requires management fo customer expectations and protecting the companies employees as well as our reputation nationally.

The role does provide significant rewards with there being tangible goals which are achievable and you can clearly see the results of both short term and long term projects.
Pros
Working within a great team environment
Cons
24/5 operation which requires varied and sometimes long hours
A great Programme to have been involved with
Programme Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Penrose, Auckland7 July 2015
Enjoyed the culture and the Programme team, very hard working and focused on delivery this project.

The hardest part for coming into the project late.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no cons
great company to work for
plant supervisor (Former Employee) –  kaitaia northland New Zealand3 October 2012
a typical day was dealing with the public & your mojor contractors in regards to concrete orders & delivereys or giving advice on other products & producing concrete.I learned that with the right attatude and a willingness to learn new skills you were able to make advancement within the company,Management left me alone as i was reaching all my targets in regards to the plants planned operationl performance consistent with the area annual operating plan.Co workers were a joy to work with as i am a person that leads by example & hold a lot of respect as i started at the bottom & worked hard to became plant supervisor ,worked with one co worker for 18 years.The hardest part of the job was taking your work home with you etc ph,computer & dealing with the public. The most enjoyable was the people you work with & the challange of the bigger pours getting trucks out on time and getting the job completed & contractors ringing you to thank you for making their job easy.
Pros
ongoing training
Cons
salary was low