Fletcher Building

Fletcher Building Employee Reviews

New Zealand25 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Space for management tean to improve

Shop floor's operator didn't care about company performance as a whole? Especially senior operator high jacker management team, even I reported to Senior manager and the answer I got " this operator was too valueable to loose", if that's the case then he shalln't assigned on afternoon shift while no management team on afternoon shift. It's rediculus to me.

Pros

Many benifits inside Fletcher Building

Cons

Reinforcing team needs improve

Highly stressful and ultra competitive work environment

I wouldn’t recommend working at head office. They overload you with work. It’s a very stressful work environment with management that does not listen to the team and is not supportive. This is probably why they constantly get very low employee engagement scores. Avoid!

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Everything else

Productive and fun workplace.

Working in Fletcher Building is productive and fun. I got good opportunity to learn new skills and technology in the company. It is one of the reputed construction company in the country.

The most enjoyable part of the job is achieving results as a team

Fletcher building prides itself on 4 values which include Customer Leading, Better together. Being bold, and Protect (Health and Safety). These values are are incorporated in our daily work activities,

Toxic working environment, very high turnover

Toxic working environment, very high turnover. If you have other options look elsewhere. Pay was decent but it doesn't compensate for the terrible working environment.

Terrible Culture

Awful place. I highly recommend that you neither interview nor work here. They treat potential and actual employees like gum on the bottom of their shoes.

Good company with promising future

Good company with promising future being a conglomerate of more than 20 different companies that were acquired over the years, currently undergoing strategies to standardise and centralise to reduce variation.

Productive fun workplace with a customer focus

handling Accounts payable exception in an automated ERP system to ensure invoices are processed to KPI standard. A busy environment with an excellent work/life balance which is customer focused with many customer excellence training courses.

Pros

large corporate company

Cons

shared service enviroment

Excellent team based company

Not 1 day is the same but I cant wait what tomorrow brings. Excellent work life balance and all the best toys to play with the latest tech. Very knowledgeable team.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Short term

Culture at FB was pleasant, there are many opportunities for development

A typical day as a team leader for FB, extremely full on, I managed 5 Fletcher Building businesses, this kept me busy with ensuring the team knew what they had to do each day. We started the day with a team meeting so that all was on the same page. Any issues were resolved. Most of my time was spent approving new supplier setups for the Masterdata team. Each day I would visit one of my businesses that were based at Head Office and other businesses that were under my control. Ensuring the team processed as much invoices as possible before the payment run day.

A place to grow professionally

The employ allowed me to grow in my Category experience and to engage in markets I have not been in before. The supply chain and customer base was very diverse, and allowed me to further develop my skill sets in stakeholder management.

Intense working environment with large rewards

Fletchers was an awesome place to work at my point in my career as it provided a robust stepping stone into the engineering industry with sufficient training and resources.

Pros

Free training courses

Productive place to work

Fletcher Building is a good place to work, however I have worked there for two years now and am concerned about long term job security so feel that the best thing to do would be to look for a more stable position to work for.

Pros

Work is close to home

Cons

Una empresa lider en su mercado, con gran capacidad de gestión.

Un ambiente de trabajo excepcional, con la oportunidad de realizar grandes proyectos.

Pros

Facilidad de de tomar los periodos de vacaciones.

Cons

No hay ninguna.

Organized

Good people very professional and good place to work. good surrounding and very talented and educated seniors very good opportunity to learn and grow.

Sucessful and stable residential and commercial building company

The management team are young and motivated and proactive. A great place to work, learn and develop. Plenty of projects to become involved in.

Pros

Located in Auckland, New Zealand

Cons

Not in Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Alot if benefits with this company.

Great company to work for.Afew opportunities to grow and a company to gain heaps of experience with hardwork and commitment.They also take good care of all employers.

Great work place, not boring and sad. Full of laughs and head down work

Had a great time working with them although it was a short time, good bunch to work with they have a laugh and do great work when needed to. They taught me a lot in the short i was there.

Pros

Made me happy working there, making good jokes

Excellent employer

Great experience in the industry Excellent staffing and great management Good work place ethic Would work with them again I only left on leave to build a home in Wairarapa and didn't return and started business in home town

Pros

Excellent all round best employer in NZ

Cons

A very comfortable and secure place to work environment

A typical day can consists of a variety of projects around the production facility focusing on efficiency, machine safety, and general improvements. I have learned a lot of methods around project management, and working with people from a variety of backgrounds. My manager believes in a healthy work/life balance and has an open door policy for anyone who has a question. My co-workers are more than happy to discuss issues, brainstorm etc on projects that I/we are working on. The hardest part of the job is managing contractors to strict deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge from each new project.

Varied and interesting place to work

I work in a busy operational DC that runs 24/5 with numerous contractors and visitors on site. My role is primarily Health and Safety focused as well as acting as a 2IC for the operations side of the business meaning I have a very varied and fast paced role within the business. A large part of my role is to manage our contractor relationships especially our primary contractor. This includes our delivery to construction sites service which provide a varied range of duties ensuring our contractors meet customer expectations as well as meet all site and legislative requirements. The job can be challenging when working within a production based culture where the primary aim is to ensure the product is delivered on time and in spec to customers. My role requires management fo customer expectations and protecting the companies employees as well as our reputation nationally. The role does provide significant rewards with there being tangible goals which are achievable and you can clearly see the results of both short term and long term projects.

Pros

Working within a great team environment

Cons

24/5 operation which requires varied and sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fletcher Building. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fletcher Building
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?