Fletcher Building
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fletcher Building Employee Reviews

Fletcher building prides itself on 4 values which include Customer Leading,
Better together. Being bold, and Protect (Health and Safety).

These values are are incorporated in our daily work activities,
Former employee the 40 hour week Don't follow the (Clerical award of 38 hour no RDOS ) need to be taken to Fair work Australia to confirm and all staff: warehouse staff are under the Award
Awful place. I highly recommend that you neither interview nor work here. They treat potential and actual employees like gum on the bottom of their shoes.
Good company with promising future being a conglomerate of more than 20 different companies that were acquired over the years, currently undergoing strategies to standardise and centralise to reduce variation.
Fun work environment, I learned a lot about glasswool and how it is needed in the building industry, there wasn’t really anything hard about the job, it is pretty easy if everyone just works as a team, most enjoyable part would be the conversations and jokes with the workmates
Pros
Munch truck
Cons
Itchy from product
Culture and Senior Management was poor, very top heavy. Numerous failed Senior appointments with empty promises of change. Branch left understaffed and poorly stocked.
Not 1 day is the same but I cant wait what tomorrow brings. Excellent work life balance and all the best toys to play with the latest tech.

Very knowledgeable team.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Short term
Had the pleasure of working with a great team. Made it pleasant to go to work each day.
Unfortunately a recent restructuring of the organisation saw several people made redundant, including myself. Would have been ok if I hadn’t only just joined the organisation and was 9 months into the role.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No job security, redundancy was poorly managed. No communication, no face time engagement from hr.
The employ allowed me to grow in my Category experience and to engage in markets I have not been in before.
The supply chain and customer base was very diverse, and allowed me to further develop my skill sets in stakeholder management.
Fletchers was an awesome place to work at my point in my career as it provided a robust stepping stone into the engineering industry with sufficient training and resources.
Pros
Free training courses
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fletcher Building?
Fletcher Building is a good place to work, however I have worked there for two years now and am concerned about long term job security so feel that the best thing to do would be to look for a more stable position to work for.
Pros
Work is close to home
Cons
The most difficult aspect was the culture, far too many people looking after their own reputations vs. working together to get goals etc. completed and rolled out.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Office Politics
Good, company with challenges, as all do & working to resolve those accordingly. Unfortunate need to exit the business due to unforeseen importunities that allowed FB to better leverage their value proposition to the business.Will miss the challenge/journey we were on, but expect the work we started will be carried on by the new stakeholders and done well.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Flexibility, Core Values, Management Support
Cons
Difficult getting stakeholder alignment
Overall good company
limited room for advancement

enjoyed the people I worked with

multiple management changes while I was employed

need to be a self starter
Good people very professional and good place to work.

good surrounding and very talented and educated seniors very good opportunity to learn and grow.
The management team are young and motivated and proactive. A great place to work, learn and develop. Plenty of projects to become involved in.
Pros
Located in Auckland, New Zealand
Cons
Not in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Great company to work for.Afew opportunities to grow and a company to gain heaps of experience with hardwork and commitment.They also take good care of all employers.
Fletcher building is a great company where manager back there employees. Fletcher building has many great benefits including discounted share schemes. Also many companies under this banner allows for progression
Had a great time working with them although it was a short time, good bunch to work with they have a laugh and do great work when needed to. They taught me a lot in the short i was there.
Pros
Made me happy working there, making good jokes
A typical day can consists of a variety of projects around the production facility focusing on efficiency, machine safety, and general improvements.
I have learned a lot of methods around project management, and working with people from a variety of backgrounds.

My manager believes in a healthy work/life balance and has an open door policy for anyone who has a question.

My co-workers are more than happy to discuss issues, brainstorm etc on projects that I/we are working on.

The hardest part of the job is managing contractors to strict deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge from each new project.
I work in a busy operational DC that runs 24/5 with numerous contractors and visitors on site. My role is primarily Health and Safety focused as well as acting as a 2IC for the operations side of the business meaning I have a very varied and fast paced role within the business. A large part of my role is to manage our contractor relationships especially our primary contractor. This includes our delivery to construction sites service which provide a varied range of duties ensuring our contractors meet customer expectations as well as meet all site and legislative requirements.

The job can be challenging when working within a production based culture where the primary aim is to ensure the product is delivered on time and in spec to customers. My role requires management fo customer expectations and protecting the companies employees as well as our reputation nationally.

The role does provide significant rewards with there being tangible goals which are achievable and you can clearly see the results of both short term and long term projects.
Pros
Working within a great team environment
Cons
24/5 operation which requires varied and sometimes long hours