Fletcher Building

Fletcher Building Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland11 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Good company with promising future

Good company with promising future being a conglomerate of more than 20 different companies that were acquired over the years, currently undergoing strategies to standardise and centralise to reduce variation.

Toxic working environment, very high turnover

Toxic working environment, very high turnover. If you have other options look elsewhere. Pay was decent but it doesn't compensate for the terrible working environment.

Terrible Culture

Awful place. I highly recommend that you neither interview nor work here. They treat potential and actual employees like gum on the bottom of their shoes.

Productive fun workplace with a customer focus

handling Accounts payable exception in an automated ERP system to ensure invoices are processed to KPI standard. A busy environment with an excellent work/life balance which is customer focused with many customer excellence training courses.

Pros

large corporate company

Cons

shared service enviroment

Excellent team based company

Not 1 day is the same but I cant wait what tomorrow brings. Excellent work life balance and all the best toys to play with the latest tech. Very knowledgeable team.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Short term

Intense working environment with large rewards

Fletchers was an awesome place to work at my point in my career as it provided a robust stepping stone into the engineering industry with sufficient training and resources.

Pros

Free training courses

Cons

Sucessful and stable residential and commercial building company

The management team are young and motivated and proactive. A great place to work, learn and develop. Plenty of projects to become involved in.

Pros

Located in Auckland, New Zealand

Cons

Not in Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Alot if benefits with this company.

Great company to work for.Afew opportunities to grow and a company to gain heaps of experience with hardwork and commitment.They also take good care of all employers.

A very comfortable and secure place to work environment

A typical day can consists of a variety of projects around the production facility focusing on efficiency, machine safety, and general improvements. I have learned a lot of methods around project management, and working with people from a variety of backgrounds. My manager believes in a healthy work/life balance and has an open door policy for anyone who has a question. My co-workers are more than happy to discuss issues, brainstorm etc on projects that I/we are working on. The hardest part of the job is managing contractors to strict deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge from each new project.

Varied and interesting place to work

I work in a busy operational DC that runs 24/5 with numerous contractors and visitors on site. My role is primarily Health and Safety focused as well as acting as a 2IC for the operations side of the business meaning I have a very varied and fast paced role within the business. A large part of my role is to manage our contractor relationships especially our primary contractor. This includes our delivery to construction sites service which provide a varied range of duties ensuring our contractors meet customer expectations as well as meet all site and legislative requirements. The job can be challenging when working within a production based culture where the primary aim is to ensure the product is delivered on time and in spec to customers. My role requires management fo customer expectations and protecting the companies employees as well as our reputation nationally. The role does provide significant rewards with there being tangible goals which are achievable and you can clearly see the results of both short term and long term projects.

Pros

Working within a great team environment

Cons

24/5 operation which requires varied and sometimes long hours

very good job and friendly .

it was friendly workplace i ever had workmates is so good help each other so supportive ,company bought us a free lunch kfc because we work as a team to take order fast to our customer so nice and i learned to work as a team and communicate and follow company policy and work health and safety.hardest part of the job when packing roof tile when we are busy .I enjoy most when i do my forklift driver and dispatch that my main job everyday.management of writing and literacy health and safety.

Pros

driving

Cons

rainy day and cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fletcher Building. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fletcher Building
  • Auckland City, Auckland
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?