Fletcher Building
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fletcher Building Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland8 reviews
Good company with promising future being a conglomerate of more than 20 different companies that were acquired over the years, currently undergoing strategies to standardise and centralise to reduce variation.
Awful place. I highly recommend that you neither interview nor work here. They treat potential and actual employees like gum on the bottom of their shoes.
Not 1 day is the same but I cant wait what tomorrow brings. Excellent work life balance and all the best toys to play with the latest tech.

Very knowledgeable team.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Short term
Fletchers was an awesome place to work at my point in my career as it provided a robust stepping stone into the engineering industry with sufficient training and resources.
Pros
Free training courses
Cons
The management team are young and motivated and proactive. A great place to work, learn and develop. Plenty of projects to become involved in.
Pros
Located in Auckland, New Zealand
Cons
Not in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Great company to work for.Afew opportunities to grow and a company to gain heaps of experience with hardwork and commitment.They also take good care of all employers.
A typical day can consists of a variety of projects around the production facility focusing on efficiency, machine safety, and general improvements.
I have learned a lot of methods around project management, and working with people from a variety of backgrounds.

My manager believes in a healthy work/life balance and has an open door policy for anyone who has a question.

My co-workers are more than happy to discuss issues, brainstorm etc on projects that I/we are working on.

The hardest part of the job is managing contractors to strict deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge from each new project.
I work in a busy operational DC that runs 24/5 with numerous contractors and visitors on site. My role is primarily Health and Safety focused as well as acting as a 2IC for the operations side of the business meaning I have a very varied and fast paced role within the business. A large part of my role is to manage our contractor relationships especially our primary contractor. This includes our delivery to construction sites service which provide a varied range of duties ensuring our contractors meet customer expectations as well as meet all site and legislative requirements.

The job can be challenging when working within a production based culture where the primary aim is to ensure the product is delivered on time and in spec to customers. My role requires management fo customer expectations and protecting the companies employees as well as our reputation nationally.

The role does provide significant rewards with there being tangible goals which are achievable and you can clearly see the results of both short term and long term projects.
Pros
Working within a great team environment
Cons
24/5 operation which requires varied and sometimes long hours