Fletcher Building

New Zealand25 reviews

Clear
3.5Work–Life Balance
3.3Job Security & Advancement

Productive and fun workplace.

Working in Fletcher Building is productive and fun. I got good opportunity to learn new skills and technology in the company. It is one of the reputed construction company in the country.

Good company with promising future

Good company with promising future being a conglomerate of more than 20 different companies that were acquired over the years, currently undergoing strategies to standardise and centralise to reduce variation.

Excellent team based company

Not 1 day is the same but I cant wait what tomorrow brings. Excellent work life balance and all the best toys to play with the latest tech. Very knowledgeable team.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Short term

A place to grow professionally

The employ allowed me to grow in my Category experience and to engage in markets I have not been in before. The supply chain and customer base was very diverse, and allowed me to further develop my skill sets in stakeholder management.

Intense working environment with large rewards

Fletchers was an awesome place to work at my point in my career as it provided a robust stepping stone into the engineering industry with sufficient training and resources.

Pros

Free training courses

Productive place to work

Fletcher Building is a good place to work, however I have worked there for two years now and am concerned about long term job security so feel that the best thing to do would be to look for a more stable position to work for.

Pros

Work is close to home

Organized

Good people very professional and good place to work. good surrounding and very talented and educated seniors very good opportunity to learn and grow.

Alot if benefits with this company.

Great company to work for.Afew opportunities to grow and a company to gain heaps of experience with hardwork and commitment.They also take good care of all employers.

Excellent employer

Great experience in the industry Excellent staffing and great management Good work place ethic Would work with them again I only left on leave to build a home in Wairarapa and didn't return and started business in home town

Pros

Excellent all round best employer in NZ

Cons

great company to work for

a typical day was dealing with the public & your mojor contractors in regards to concrete orders & delivereys or giving advice on other products & producing concrete.I learned that with the right attatude and a willingness to learn new skills you were able to make advancement within the company,Management left me alone as i was reaching all my targets in regards to the plants planned operationl performance consistent with the area annual operating plan.Co workers were a joy to work with as i am a person that leads by example & hold a lot of respect as i started at the bottom & worked hard to became plant supervisor ,worked with one co worker for 18 years.The hardest part of the job was taking your work home with you etc ph,computer & dealing with the public. The most enjoyable was the people you work with & the challange of the bigger pours getting trucks out on time and getting the job completed & contractors ringing you to thank you for making their job easy.

Pros

ongoing training

Cons

salary was low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fletcher Building. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fletcher Building