Fletcher Building
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fletcher Building Management reviews

New Zealand15 reviews
The employ allowed me to grow in my Category experience and to engage in markets I have not been in before.
The supply chain and customer base was very diverse, and allowed me to further develop my skill sets in stakeholder management.
Awful place. I highly recommend that you neither interview nor work here. They treat potential and actual employees like gum on the bottom of their shoes.
The management team are young and motivated and proactive. A great place to work, learn and develop. Plenty of projects to become involved in.
Pros
Located in Auckland, New Zealand
Cons
Not in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
A typical day can consists of a variety of projects around the production facility focusing on efficiency, machine safety, and general improvements.
I have learned a lot of methods around project management, and working with people from a variety of backgrounds.
My manager believes in a healthy work/life balance and has an open door policy for anyone who has a question.

My co-workers are more than happy to discuss issues, brainstorm etc on projects that I/we are working on.

The hardest part of the job is managing contractors to strict deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge from each new project.
I work in a busy operational DC that runs 24/5 with numerous contractors and visitors on site. My role is primarily Health and Safety focused as well as acting as a 2IC for the operations side of the business meaning I have a very varied and fast paced role within the business. A large part of my role is to manage our contractor relationships especially our primary contractor. This includes our delivery to construction sites service which provide a varied range of duties ensuring our contractors meet customer expectations as well as meet all site and legislative requirements.

The job can be challenging when working within a production based culture where the primary aim is to ensure the product is delivered on time and in spec to customers.
My role requires management fo customer expectations and protecting the companies employees as well as our reputation nationally.

The role does provide significant rewards with there being tangible goals which are achievable and you can clearly see the results of both short term and long term projects.
Pros
Working within a great team environment
Cons
24/5 operation which requires varied and sometimes long hours
a typical day was dealing with the public & your mojor contractors in regards to concrete orders & delivereys or giving advice on other products & producing concrete.I learned that with the right attatude and a willingness to learn new skills you were able to make advancement within the company,Management left me alone as i was reaching all my targets in regards to the plants planned operationl performance consistent with the area annual operating plan.Co workers were a joy to work with as i am a person that leads by example & hold a lot of respect as i started at the bottom & worked hard to became plant supervisor ,worked with one co worker for 18 years.The hardest part of the job was taking your work home with you etc ph,computer & dealing with the public. The most enjoyable was the people you work with & the challange of the bigger pours getting trucks out on time and getting the job completed & contractors ringing you to thank you for making their job easy.
Pros
ongoing training
Cons
salary was low