Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida)

Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,135 reviews

Leadership in Healthcare

Days are very busy; healthcare interoperability upcoming feature of all software developed. Management is proactive to new technology. Some teams lack diversity - but organization is addressing this.

Back stabbing and cliques

They stress good employees to no end and does not practice what is policy as it relates to work life balance. Because they stress team and not individual roles.

Great teamwork atmosphere!

Management definitely makes a great impact and I was blessed to have a great manager. I went in to the position as a telesales agent but once OEP was over they kept us in outbound to do campaign work. It became too repetitive and not enjoyable. Our hourly pay was decreased after OEP and just wasn't what I applied for. Management was highly involved in our team and we all worked very well together. With the pay decrease was what did it for me.

Good, but burnout is a possibility.

I am a SA taking calls for marketplace policy holders. You take about 30-40 calls a day from members who have benefit, claims and payment questions. Some of the members are really sweet; however, there are quite a few angry people. There is an hour break during the day and all of your calls are timed. They have horrible articles that outline how to handle situations. They are cumbersome, hard to read and will extend your call time. My management is pretty good if you get into the weeds. I feel the auditing process for the calls is unfair and each week there is a new process introduced that keep you guessing. All in all it is a decent job, but if you are not careful, you will face burnout.

Pros

Benefits, work life balance

Cons

Stress, angry members, unfair auditing process

Good for parents

The pros of working at Florida blue includes job stability, no late hours. Call center open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Usually no one works pass 5 to 5:30. You can work your way into non phone positions. Cons are pay could be better and overtime would be nice.

Decent place if working remotely

Too much favoritism. Unprofessional managers who engage in gossip. Promotions are given based on who you know in management. Untrustworthy managers who breech the confidentiality of employees. Low pay.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

Unrealistic production standards

Good pay and non stressful job

The pay for the job I did was great , job was non complex I did customer service so I transferred majority of the calls. Great work life balance with a full time schedule. Only bad thing was the job was seasonal and not a permanent position.

Pros

Good pay, Easy work

Cons

Seasonal position

Overall a positive experience

I enjoy working here because of my team and manager. The members and their attitude is stressful but if you have a good team you get the support you need.

Not a fun place to work

working on this job was very stressful and need room for much improvement in management. Should show much more care for their employees. Too many bosses. Too many deadlines to meet with little help. Always short staff. Need to improve.

Pros

nothing

No job security and terrible leadership.

Exclusive environment overall but terrible leadership from corporate down to supervisor. Constant changes with little to no notice. Need to do a better job of being in sync with information and policies disseminated to staff to be on one accord.

Work from home

Typical call center job, take calls resolve issues adherence to time. Management is very helpfull they want you to succeed. CEO is interactive and cant complain good company to work with

Good company to work In Jacksonville. Relatively good benefits. Good work and life balance most of the time. Compensation is not very comparative compared to the industry.

Not what it seems

They pay the bare minimum even if job have the pay range to give more. They add more and more to your role as you go. Everyone seems nice until you realize how they really operate.

Change is constant

Been here almost 4 years and one thing that’s constant is change. From management to systems, however there are so many opportunities for growth. The benefits are amazing & the work life balance is Good.

good environment

Good company, long extensive training, mangers are nice and welcoming. remote work options. So far so good. if you work well independently and thrive. we will fit in well.

FB is a good place to work overall. The company has some good perks for employees. Certain employees seemed to find a mentor through the “program”. However, when you search the intranet for information on the mentorship program, it brought you to a blank page.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Many IT issues throughout the day

For profit. Not for you.

The compensation for hourly employees is often below average. Some departments are amazing at promoting from within. Some departments hire outside management limiting advancement opportunities.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Not the healthiest culture.

I love it. Nothing bad to say. Great benefits and nice employees. Call volume is very high so you stay busy. I love staying busy with back to back call flow. The pay is great as well with great promotions.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Healthcare cost

membership and billing

This company is solid to work for the managers do actually care about person's well-being. That being said they are understaffed and hard work is rewarded with additional work of less productive peers. Good company to start out with but if wages are lower than the market, additional responsibilities are frequently added with no additional titles or compensation. no time off during holidays forced weekend, holiday overtimes.

Pros

food provided during overtime, good sense of community

Cons

wages, micro managing

good people good attitudes

great place to work at on site but work from home management was poor. there was a severe lack of training before calls which i never had a problem with on site. pay is pretty good.

Pros

good pay

Cons

poor management

Ok

Ok. The pay for software developers is definitely on the lower side. Some teams don't have established practices and processes. Onboarding process was confusing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Blue (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida). Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question