Focus Employee Reviews

Buen ambiente de trabajo
Kinesiologa (Former Employee) –  Copiapó, AT1 February 2016
Existía respeto y cordialidad entre los trabajadores, un buen ambiente laboral.
Empresa Agradável de se Trabalhar
Instrutor de Informática (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ26 January 2016
Os dias de trabalho possuem rotina fixa de trabalho o que permite uma optimização do tempo por não acontecerem imprevistos;
Graças a gerencia não só me especializei no trabalho como aprendi muito;
A direção da empresa trata todos os funcionários com muito respeito, assim como todos os funcionários;
Productive and very busy.
Focus Workforces (Former Employee) –  Union, MO26 January 2016
Very busy everyday
making sure 100% quality
Good management
Very nice co-workers very helpful
there was no hardest part
working for the company.
it was a fun experience, i lead a lot with dealing with angry customers and upsetting people
Customer Service Representative, salesman (Former Employee) –  Roy, UT26 January 2016
i wouldn't work there again its not good enough pay for what your reaky worth. instead of paying us more they put in ping pong tables and bought us lunch every friday. i much rather get payed more then 7.25 an hour if you don't make enough sales a week
Great product, company with potential, terrible leadership in sales organization
Team Leader Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bacolod, P0622 January 2016
The only thing that management cares about is the number of calls that you make everyday. They could care less if you are closing a lot of business or being creative to get to decision makers. Management's lack of leadership ability creates a terrible work environment for the sales reps and the turnover is horrendous. In the beginning of every quarter, you can expect at least 5-10 people to quit. Morale is extremely low for the sales reps, but the other other departments seem to be happy.

They promise you big things when you are interviewing, but the fact of the matter is that once you come on board as a sales rep with Indeed, you will be looking for a new job with the 6 months - 1 year. You will either be a disgruntled employee or they will force you out because of their aggressive quotas and micromanagement.

Overall sales projections seem to be totally false. Indeed was bought by a Japanese company based on these projections, and I am sure they are regretting how much they paid. It seems that this is why things have changed so much and they force a lot of people out. It cannot always be the sales reps fault. Eventually, you need to put the blame on the people who are "leading (managing??)" the sales efforts.

The people that were promoted to director internally are the people that have a bright future there. They are hard working and deserve to be where they are. Hiring Directors/Sr. Directors from outside organizations has proven to be a disaster (with a few exceptions). The great sales reps they have will soon leave the company due to a lack of direction.
Pros
you will work with great people that are hard working but disgruntled and become unmotivated, stocked fridge with a lot of food/beer, constant "happy hours" to mask the low morale
Cons
management, directors are there to micromanage and basically be "stat-checkers" (for lack of better terms), management brings no creative value to the company, sales reps do all of the work while getting belittled, one sr. director in particular has no idea what he is doing and should be fired
Fun place to work but low pay
Coaches Assistant and Retention Agent (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IA8 January 2016
Lots of fun, people are nice, but customers are mean and pay is very low. Lots of room for advancement if you are a hard worker. You basically sell internet or t.v. service to telecommunications customers calling in to disconnect service.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Little breaks, bad pay
over all decent place to work
"Temporary Employee" (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MO6 January 2016
Management was easy to work with. I was on line 1 for most of my time there. with a good team that worked together very well and made everything run very smoothly. decent hours and pay but as a remp. there where no medical benifits.
Pros
decnt pay
Cons
no healthcare or and medical benifits
Productive and Motivating Work Place
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, IL4 January 2016
A day as a trainer at Focus is nothing less than interesting. Working in such a fast paced environment, I have to constantly be open to change and unexpected delays. I teach a group of people anywhere from 10-25 agents for a duration of 3 weeks. Starting with teaching the basic products, pricing, and ways to sell and ending with ways to overcome objections and demonstrate empathy to our customers. I love watching my agents grow and succeed; it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Working for this company has opened many doors for me to advance with management as well as grow and learn as an individual. At this point, I am coming to a halt as far as advancement goes as there are only so many other options here. I have noticed over time how much I care about this company, it's values, and the other employees here. As leaving will be extremely difficult, I know that I must continue growing and advancing within my career and hope to take my skills I've learned here and become an even better leader.
Pros
Flexibility, Fun
Cons
Work Relationships
Every day was different
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Burgess Hill9 November 2015
Profit and loss, customer service, returns , stock counts, pricing.
Making sure that prices are correct, stock in the right place, stock numbers correct.
Priorities work load.
Respect your co-workers, help them when they need help.
The hardest part of the job was making sure that everything was done correctly.
I found everything in my job was enjoyable.
local de trabalho , criativo e produtivo
Oferece condições de trabalho e ambiente favoravel para bons relacionamentos.
Pros
vale compras
Cons
pouco horario para almoço
empresa dinâmica e agradável de trabalhar
vigilante patrimonial (Current Employee) –  São Paulo, SP17 October 2015
gosto da empresa, a unica coisa desagradável é conviver com pessoas em fases terminais onde eu acabo ficando deprimido. o único motivo de querer trocar de emprego é mesmo a localização(cidade)
Pros
vale refeição
Enjoyable and Productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union, MO15 October 2015
A productive company that thrived themselves on speed and accuracy. Made and packaged index cards on a machine. There were enjoyable co-workers and management.
Zeer leerbare werkomgeving, elke dag is anders.
ADL assistente (Former Employee) –  Enschede, OV8 October 2015
Elke dag was anders, s'morgens ging je in overleg met de nachtploeg, hoe het met de cliënten is gegaan de hele nacht,
Zodra ze aanbellen, dan ga je naar de cliënt, als je vrij bent (geen andere verzorgd) daar ga je met overleg cliënt, de cliënt verzorgen en de huishoudelijke taken overleggen hoe die gene dat wil doen.
En dan vooral met de zorg, hulp uit bed, hulp bij de dagelijkse verzorging, (douchen, naar de toilet, aankleden en verzorgen) daarna alles weer verder bespreken betreft zijn/haar ontbijt, en de huishoudelijke taken die verricht kunnen/moeten worden gedaan.
zelf heb ik er met alle liefde aan gewerkt om de cliënten op hun gemak te stellen, lukte dat niet, dan deden we dat samen met de collega's door te overleggen.
Pros
Leuke nieuwe contacten
Cons
als een cliënt je niet echt mag (bv te jong) dan maken ze dat echt duidelijk.
Great place to work, Fun.
Inbound and Outbound Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT7 September 2015
Outbound and Inbound sales
How to type 40 wpm. I new how to type 25 wpm when I started working there.
Great Managers
Great co-workers.
Making sales.
Making new friends and learning new things.
Cons
Local divertido, com pouca produtividade.
Distribuidor (Current Employee) –  Lisboa, P114 September 2015
Aprendi melhor sobre o ramo de restauração, pessoas que trabalham na área e melhor conhecimento na área financeira e gestão de pessoas. Os colegas de trabalho eram compreensíveis e ajudavam de certo modo o desenvolvimento do programa de implantação do RH. A parte mais difícil era lidar com as faltas frequentes dos colaboradores, a mais agradável foi ver o crescimento da empresa após os treinamentos realizados com a equipa.
Pros
Refeições na empresa, estacionamento e horários flexíveis.
Cons
Alto indice de absenteísmo
a
Customer Service Rep/Sales (Former Employee) –  Ogden utah6 August 2015
My first job ever. Inbound sales calls. It was a job to say the least. It just depends on whether its the best fit for you or not.
Fun environment for the right person
sales agent (Current Employee) –  Sterling28 July 2015
I loved working at focus but i cant sit in one spot for 7 hours with 2 seven minute breaks. Customer service it is but its more of sales and if you dont offer to customers that are mad as well then u get a couching
Great workplace with opportunities to grow
Plan Checker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2015
I had a short-term contract position which offered continuous opportunities to learn the land surveying system of Alberta. This office had a great culture and provided a good work/life balance.
This job was just not a good environment for me.
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sterling, IL2 July 2015
I would take calls dealing with peoples bills. While I'm talking to them about their bills or other questions/concerns they have I had to try my best to sell our merchandise. At times I was required to transfer a call before i could transfer that call, no matter if they know where they need to go right away or not I needed to offer our merchandise. Our merchandise included high speed internet, television services, home phone services. The hardest parts of the job was dealing with two 7 minute breaks that you had to fight for, and talking to people that did not care about what you had to offer. Let me elaborate on that a bit. I felt like i was working in some sort of a sweat shop, with a 12 hour shift it is legally required to have a 30 minute break. Not just mine but many other co-workers would ask for their first break, most of the time that was okay. Your second break was the hard one, for some reason they did not want to give that second break out. You only get a total of 14 minutes for your break and they struggled with that. The other part that was hard to handle was people not caring about what you have to offer. I understand they were calling about bills or other questions/concerns but I believe they failed to realize that I was just doing my job as well. Of course you just need to just have patience with difficult situations like this though. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know
the people you are on the phone with and getting to know your surrounding co-workers. Everybody is different and you get to realize that as you get to talk to more
  more... that 100 people a day. Especially your co-workers because working at this place is very stressful, so its good to know someone else that is going through it.  less
Pros
getting to know strangers, helping them
Cons
very little break time, understanding that not everyone is nice in the real world
fun and outgoing place to work
agent (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IA22 May 2015
i answered phones, assisted with customer accounts and answered any questions the customers may have had. management was easy going and my coworkers were helpful