Focus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Focus Employee Reviews

Great company and opportunity
I enjoyed IT sales and working with national accounts. The best part of the job was penetrating the accounts and building relationships. The commute was a little far but management was great and I was very close to the internal managers and the owner. This company has since gone out of business.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
far commute
small warm working environment
I helped in Focus Academy in teaching Mathematics subjects, statistics subjects, and training HR as courses.
Where Focus academy is an academy where you can find students learning and having the depth of knowledge in their majors and at the same time enjoying having the width of knowledge by attending the workshops arranged by the staff (mostly teachers) and taking HR and life skills training's and conferences.
Pros
teaching university students was usually good because they are grown up adults and respectful
Cons
long working hours on private lessons and with no breaks and a very short lunch break (15 minutes)
Ooor management
Put me on the pool list because they told me they would put me on medical leave but didn't fill out the paper work. Can't afford to take care of a family with a unreliable income. They will send u home whenever it's slow enough they don't need u.
Pros
Paid lunch, chance to be hired to a&e
Cons
Every other thing.
It was work
Wash dishes most of the time by machine, help the cook, clean up after production and bakery. Put out trash, help set up carts. Make sure kitchen is clean before you leave at the end of the day
Pros
get along with fellow workers
Cons
your being watched by 2 legged rats
Ambiente lavorativo buono
All'inizio sprovvisti di computer,una volta arrivato il pc non c'era il software necessario per il lavoro dovendomi così arrangiare con quello che c'era anche se non adatto al lavoro.
Camp
Help youth campers with a variety of different activities. Went on many different trips to the museum, zoo, etc. I tried my best to teach youth little things about life through my experiences.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
none really
Empresa excelente
Foi muito bom fazer parte da equipe, a dona sempre pensou no bem estar dos funcionários.
Pros
Vale alimentação
Not as promised
When I was originally hired there, I was supposed to be in charge of a big account. Unfortunately, that did not happen (the account had not yet been awarded and company ended up not winning). therefore, what I was given to work on was those positions that nobody else wanted to work on, with a very high failure rate. My manager was happy when I gave my notice because she said that she really liked my work ethic and could tell that I was a very hard worker but since I wasn't able to meet the numbers there was talk that they were going to let me go.
Very high energy in the work place. support from coworkers to succeed and an amazing management team
Focus was on of my favorite jobs. It was a relaxed yet high energy and supportive call center. It was a great place filled with friends and family and we all wanted eachother to succeed
Pros
Fun, supportive and relaxed workplace
Cons
not much room for advancement or pay increase
Good
It's not bad there but there's no benefits in it for you. You don't get any insurance and you have to be there a year to get 40hrs of pto. Once you apply they tend to hire you within 3 days
Competive and energetic
A typical day at work would invlove me coming in the store and clocking in. As soon as I clock in head to the front and wait for costumers so I can assist them as soon as they come in.
Horrible and a Joke
I would never recomment this place to anyone! You have to make up time you take for breaks, lunches and bathroom breaks. You never work just 9-5. Its a joke. they pay you to lie to people, and encourage it!!
Empresa agradável de trabalhar
Uma empresa que me deu oportunidade e muita experiência,onde foi que consegui minha primeira oportunidade de trabalhar como vendedora.
General
Overall job was great working experience. Staff worked well as a team and received paychecks regularly. work hours were steady and flexible with personal life.
Pros
steady full-time paycheck
Cons
burned out
Empresa boa de trabalha meu primeiro emprego muitas novidades e conheximentoa
Conhecimento em máquinas como torno CNC fresar retífica paquímetro relógios comparadores
call center
pretty much come into work start answering phones and solving customers problems. hooking them up with internet or phone services and helping them pay their bills
not great
You are not guaranteed to get a full day, could be sent home before clocking in. full time workers have no time to explain anything. would not recommend working here
Worst telecom company I have worked for
Would strongly recommend to never work for Focus. The owner is the head of finance and will do anything to not pay you properly, they promise you everything and give you nothing. Constantly have to pay for supplies that should be supplied by company. And when it comes to work they will find any reason not to pay you properly.
Cons
Productive and fun place to work. Great employees
Great place to work. Non-Profit Benefits were ok.
It was nice setting my own schedule. Enjoyed working with families and military families.

State training was good and enjoyed collaborating with other agencies.

Helping families with other programs that are available. Example Medicaid, WIC, Food Stamps, and Waiver services.
Pros
Setting my own schedule with families
Cons
Pay and no retirement
Sucked
Lie bout getting your bonuses, unprofessional upper management, keeps upper management on time clock when they aren't there. Very stressful environment.
Pros
Work as many hours as you want
Cons
Poor upper management, pay checks are wrong most of the time, too much favoritism
Prefer not to
Just looking for something better due to the nature of the business. Miscommunication or lack of communication lead to stressful situations that effect all areas of life. High turnover
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Focus. Our community is ready to answer.