Focus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Focus Employee Reviews in Ogden, UT

Learned how to do both inbound and outbound calls for sales or up selling..
Fun place to work..Learned a lot about establishing a rapport over the phone and selling. Worked for account with Bell Canada for a lengthy doing outbound calls, then worked for an account that Focus received doing inbound calls giving people solutions to any problems they were having.
Pros
Good team environment with small rewards for good days..
Cons
Poor communication from and with management.
Good job in a pinch
They hire most people even felons for around $10 an hour. sometimes they have ridiculous rules and goals. Focus is all based on what their client wants ( they provide sales and customer service solutions for companies) Sometimes they don't push back to protect the employees from over scrutiny. not a bad place to go when you are down on your luck or desperately need a job. but as with most jobs like this... all Perks, no real benefits.... hard to tolerate long term and they often took away 10 an hour if you didn't meet 40 hrs per week.... a sick day can cost you way more here. no real sick day system... no real PTO its very backwards how it was being done.
call center
pretty much come into work start answering phones and solving customers problems. hooking them up with internet or phone services and helping them pay their bills
not a great company when i worked there at least
back when i worked there it was not a great place to be employed. training wasnt good and they expected quotas that were hard to meet for inbound calls. i have heard its still not much better.
Poor place to work
Bad experience in multiple ways. Management was not good advocates. There was office pda from supervisors. A violent outbursts in training which brought police in to the workplace. Racial issues, orientation issues, retaliation...etc
Fun place of work with great people
I love to learn in which I did. The people I worked with were great minus the management. I was able to teach others what I had learned and was able to have flexibility.
It was a great place to work, Zero complaints
I had a great time at focus and was able to learn a lot of things. The reason I am leaving was in no part due to the company or those I worked with. I'm only looking to improve the skill set I have in a different environment.
Great learning experience
Answer back to back calls, assisting in new orders and modifying current customers account. Hardest part are the back to back calls with little to no time to collect your thoughts after a call, management is extremely unprofessional and rude. I've learned how to be an exceptional customer service rep.
Pros
Free pop Monday
Cons
Management is unprofessional
The worst call center.
Numerous jobs and places to call. Poor pay, no bonuses. Absolutely the worst. The only reason I was there was because it was so close to my home.
Great place to work, Fun.
Outbound and Inbound sales
How to type 40 wpm. I new how to type 25 wpm when I started working there.

Great Managers

Great co-workers.

Making sales.

Making new friends and learning new things.
a
My first job ever. Inbound sales calls. It was a job to say the least. It just depends on whether its the best fit for you or not.
they were okay
Focus was okay when I started working there they were going under new management, so everything was pretty hectic. the employees weren't so professional and the workplace wasn't so clean. and everyone was trying to advance in the job so no one was able to while I was there
Pros
easy going job
Cons
the pay and advancement.
The hrs were great , the atmosphere was relaxed and easy to be in.
My shift at Focus was 7:00am to 4:00pm Monday -Friday. I enjoyed those hrs very much but they were usually the busiest especially when new promotions would be on for new services or new pkgs. I learned everything from communication skills, patience, and empathy and how to use them on every call. I also learned sales techniques and how to manage customers accounts to help them manage their services. The management was usually always awesome, and you always knew who you needed to go to for advice, my coworkers were very knowledgeable and helpful when needed. Also the training we received which is never enough to prepare you for being on the phones, was very adequate and I knew what I was what I was offering a customer and also what the customers needs where because of this. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the extreme volume of calls that would come in on occasion. That made it hard to really try and up sale or offer products, and the wait time would make customers extremely frustrated. The best part of the job was the people I worked with and some I'm still friends with today also the unusual perks and benefits they offered us, such as the bus passes and also the fund raisers for different charities we participated in.
Pros
The Focus fund which helped out in times of need, the medical and buspasses
Very fast paced workplace.
I loved being able to help customers with any questions or problems they had.
Amazing work enviroment.
I loved working here. Management is fantastic and many chances to advance.
Worked with a team who met goals
customer service, adding and removing products from customers accounts. making appointments for technicians, answered about 100 calls per day.
Pros
hours
Cons
rate
The Workplace in general Horrible.
Go in take phone calls customer service sales in TV commercials

What i learned is how to handle people in different ways depending on their personality's.

Management was horrible except for my couch that taught me how to sell.

My co-workers were the nicest people I've meet in a short period of time.

The hardest part is the sells cause most people think its a scam so they always want some type of proof or they figure out that it really doesn't work.

Most enjoyable was defiantly making the sell and feeling good that u learned something and applied those skill sets that you've created working their.
Pros
no free lunches, breaks were nice wernt to long but still ok
Cons
no healthcare, vacation time was just a fluke
Decent starting job
Same as my other review. That said there was some time inbetween working for them the first time and the second that had many significant changes in the managment structure that were not nessicarily a good thing.
Pros
decent first job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Focus. Our community is ready to answer.