Focus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Focus Employee Reviews in Sterling, IL

3.5Work–Life Balance

It has it's days

It's not a bad place to work, but it does have it's days where you simply wish you just hadn't come in at all. The job itself isn't too hard, but there are members of management that can make the job a lot harder than it needs to be.

Complete Joke.

They tell you you only have to work 8 hours and they will work with you part time. THAT IS A LIE. You have to make up the time you spent going to the bathroom and have to make up ALL of your breaks including your lunch. And they are always asking for more hours. The managers are a joke and always demanding. They made a team stand up until they completed a sale.

Pros

nothing

Cons

everything

Horrible and a Joke

I would never recomment this place to anyone! You have to make up time you take for breaks, lunches and bathroom breaks. You never work just 9-5. Its a joke. they pay you to lie to people, and encourage it!!

Sucked

Lie bout getting your bonuses, unprofessional upper management, keeps upper management on time clock when they aren't there. Very stressful environment.

Pros

Work as many hours as you want

Cons

Poor upper management, pay checks are wrong most of the time, too much favoritism

Productive and Motivating Work Place

A day as a trainer at Focus is nothing less than interesting. Working in such a fast paced environment, I have to constantly be open to change and unexpected delays. I teach a group of people anywhere from 10-25 agents for a duration of 3 weeks. Starting with teaching the basic products, pricing, and ways to sell and ending with ways to overcome objections and demonstrate empathy to our customers. I love watching my agents grow and succeed; it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Working for this company has opened many doors for me to advance with management as well as grow and learn as an individual. At this point, I am coming to a halt as far as advancement goes as there are only so many other options here. I have noticed over time how much I care about this company, it's values, and the other employees here. As leaving will be extremely difficult, I know that I must continue growing and advancing within my career and hope to take my skills I've learned here and become an even better leader.

Pros

Flexibility, Fun

Cons

Work Relationships

This job was just not a good environment for me.

I would take calls dealing with peoples bills. While I'm talking to them about their bills or other questions/concerns they have I had to try my best to sell our merchandise. At times I was required to transfer a call before i could transfer that call, no matter if they know where they need to go right away or not I needed to offer our merchandise. Our merchandise included high speed internet, television services, home phone services. The hardest parts of the job was dealing with two 7 minute breaks that you had to fight for, and talking to people that did not care about what you had to offer. Let me elaborate on that a bit. I felt like i was working in some sort of a sweat shop, with a 12 hour shift it is legally required to have a 30 minute break. Not just mine but many other co-workers would ask for their first break, most of the time that was okay. Your second break was the hard one, for some reason they did not want to give that second break out. You only get a total of 14 minutes for your break and they struggled with that. The other part that was hard to handle was people not caring about what you have to offer. I understand they were calling about bills or other questions/concerns but I believe they failed to realize that I was just doing my job as well. Of course you just need to just have patience with difficult situations like this though. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the people you are on the phone with and getting to know your surrounding co-workers. Everybody is different and you get to realize that as you get to talk to more -

Pros

getting to know strangers, helping them

Cons

very little break time, understanding that not everyone is nice in the real world

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Focus?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Focus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Focus