Focus
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Focus Employee Reviews for Customer Service/Sales Representative

It is a great place to get experience as a young person. This is a job not a career. You learn a lot of professional skills. There are no benefits and the pay is poor. Most managers do not care about you. Some do, but most really do not. This is a company who does not care. The Rockfalls site has a terrible work culture. I worked in an Iowa site a few times and they had a much better work culture there. Rockfalls site management needs reevaluated. However, there was a manager that really stuck out to me in a positive way and I think they deserve a bigger role with the company. I worked there on and off for 7-8 years.
Pros
Flexibility, tuition program
Cons
Poor pay, bad work culture
A typical day for me , get to work thirty minutes early for coffee , afterwards get set to log in and get my day started its always a pleasure to speak with a client or customer. I Iearned to be a good listener and be very empathetic. Management was always there when needed. my co workers were fun to work with. The hardest part was the down time when calls would slow down. the most enjoyable part was customer satisfaction.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
short breaks
My shift at Focus was 7:00am to 4:00pm Monday -Friday. I enjoyed those hrs very much but they were usually the busiest especially when new promotions would be on for new services or new pkgs. I learned everything from communication skills, patience, and empathy and how to use them on every call. I also learned sales techniques and how to manage customers accounts to help them manage their services. The management was usually always awesome, and you always knew who you needed to go to for advice, my coworkers were very knowledgeable and helpful when needed. Also the training we received which is never enough to prepare you for being on the phones, was very adequate and I knew what I was what I was offering a customer and also what the customers needs where because of this. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the extreme volume of calls that would come in on occasion. That made it hard to really try and up sale or offer products, and the wait time would make customers extremely frustrated. The best part of the job was the people I worked with and some I'm still friends with today also the unusual perks and benefits they offered us, such as the bus passes and also the fund raisers for different charities we participated in.
Pros
The Focus fund which helped out in times of need, the medical and buspasses