Focus Employee Reviews for Telemarketer

Okay company to start working at.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, IL20 October 2016
If you don't mind cold calling or having customers yell at you this is the job for you. It was nice because of the lower level employees made it that way.
This job was just not a good environment for me.
Telemarketer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sterling, IL2 July 2015
I would take calls dealing with peoples bills. While I'm talking to them about their bills or other questions/concerns they have I had to try my best to sell our merchandise. At times I was required to transfer a call before i could transfer that call, no matter if they know where they need to go right away or not I needed to offer our merchandise. Our merchandise included high speed internet, television services, home phone services. The hardest parts of the job was dealing with two 7 minute breaks that you had to fight for, and talking to people that did not care about what you had to offer. Let me elaborate on that a bit. I felt like i was working in some sort of a sweat shop, with a 12 hour shift it is legally required to have a 30 minute break. Not just mine but many other co-workers would ask for their first break, most of the time that was okay. Your second break was the hard one, for some reason they did not want to give that second break out. You only get a total of 14 minutes for your break and they struggled with that. The other part that was hard to handle was people not caring about what you have to offer. I understand they were calling about bills or other questions/concerns but I believe they failed to realize that I was just doing my job as well. Of course you just need to just have patience with difficult situations like this though. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know
the people you are on the phone with and getting to know your surrounding co-workers. Everybody is different and you get to realize that as you get to talk to more
  more... that 100 people a day. Especially your co-workers because working at this place is very stressful, so its good to know someone else that is going through it.  less
Pros
getting to know strangers, helping them
Cons
very little break time, understanding that not everyone is nice in the real world
Fun and motivated work environment!
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IA26 July 2014
Focus is a very motivating, power driven, goal oriented work place. The flexibility they are able to offer to you as an employee is great. Co-workers, Coaches, Trainers, Supervisors, all of the authority figures have a inviting, caring, invigorating way of handling and making you feel personally important as an individual employee as apposed to comparing your personal work only as a team. The individual praising you recieve from supervisors makes the day worth while!
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
breaks, call accuracy
Not for me.
Telemarketing Sales (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, IL20 May 2014
Training was fun and the atmosphere was friendly at first. I was happy to work there, but then the calls started coming and management pushed me to sell more products to people who didn't need it. Co-workers bragged about taking 'victims' money by selling them products they did not need. It was against my moral code to rob the elderly. I left when I suggested a lower package to a women and was reprimanded for it when she requested other information on our products.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Morally degrading.
will hire anyone looking
Phone sales and customer service (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, IL27 March 2014
Would not ever recommend this company! Supervisor sleep under cubical because she was still drunk from the previous night. Drug use on property. Do not get proper work information and tools and yet are still expected to hit goals, then when it is brought up that we do not have the proper tools we are told we will get them "soon" never do. Theft of bonus money by head employees.
Interesting people to talk to all over the world.
Telemarketer Agent (Former Employee) –  Rock Falls, IL19 January 2013
I answered phone calls and tried soliciting sales. I learned better communication skills. Management was okay. I did not talk to co-workers much just customers. Hardest thing about the job was trying to convince people to buy your products. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you could come to work dressed comfortably.
Pros
got rewarded bonuses if sold products
Cons
did not have long enough breaks.