Fonterra Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Taranaki6 January 2018
Worked 3 years at fonterra collingwood st eltham as a process operator where i was required to set up and break.down also run machine lines in the process department
Pros
Good work mates good jobs
Cons
Indoors
Good
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland29 December 2017
Good environment, medium salary. Company with huge impact on business and society. Excellent experience
Innovative and resilliant
Global Manager, Innovation, Consumer Brands (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 December 2017
Innovative mind set constantly striving to get better and challenging the status quo. Cosmopolite culture with many nationalities and ethnicities working together.
Cool work place
Factory Experience (Former Employee) –  Taranaki14 December 2017
I actually liked it but got sick at the time hence why I had to leave that job , It's a real easy job and I loved it ,It's fast pace and easy to learn what to do ,
Pros
Cruise job
great place to work
Process Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato5 December 2017
multicultural
team coordination and the great place to work
health and safety play a major role.
management and training gives a great pleasure and knowledgeable
great working enviroment
Process Worker / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  NZ4 December 2017
Great work place to work. on the job training. friendly people the enjoyable part of the job is being able to work o set targets and meeting them. also operating new equipment.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
good hours
Summery, it was a productive and fun place to work and at times stressful
Powder Packing Operator/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Timaru District, Canterbury30 November 2017
A typical day at work sometimes hard going but some times pretty good and sometimes the pressure was a little intense when things went wrong they went wrong without that pressure the job would have been really great environment to work in,experienced a lot technology was certainly there and then some when you couldn't figure it out it was a little to quite a bit too much but the people you worked with was awesome
Pros
free lunches sometimes you got things for free perks of the job
Cons
possibly when I lost my job it didn't end up well then
Nice workplace, consistency of work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawera, New Zealand14 October 2017
Great team to work with, learnt a lot of new tools, got very tech savy, always something to do which was what I like.
Got to do a range of work which made the day feel like it went quick.
Good boss.
A nice environment to work in. Felt comfortable to ask questions about stuff I was unsure about.

Positive outcome
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Pay
Enough breaks
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Timaru District, Canterbury8 October 2017
Adequate breaks
Great remuneration
Friendly culture- team work
Productive teams
Great work flow
Gym on site
Qualified nurse and physiotherapist on site
Corporate Work Environment
DC / Warehouse / Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 October 2017
Role comes with all the corporate political challenges that large corporate environments unfortunately are burdened with.

Learned a lot with in the company, bit would not recommend joining this large corporate where you are just a number.
Pros
Good people, learn a lot
Cons
Corporate Politics
Productive and exciting
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Takanini, Auckland5 September 2017
Fonterra Brands had to be the best job I had working as a process operator. I only had an experience in pick packing and they trained me up so well, not just that staff members were there to help me when i got stuck filling in paper work it was great
Pros
shared lunch or $9.50 voucher for those who did a good deed
Cons
Great workplace and friendly staff
Board of Directors, President (Current Employee) –  Auckland2 August 2017
I love working here, its one of those jobs that I am always able to wake up in the morning and be motivated to start the day and put in my hours. :)))
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
None really.
No sleep no social life boooaaaarrrriiinngggg
Tanker driver (Current Employee) –  Pahiatua / Longburn14 July 2017
At fonterra the job is a lie from the add- "better work life balance" No out of a 9 day shift pattern you may get 3 days off one of which you sleep all day. middle day your still a zombie leaving one proper day off out of 9. That's if you aren't called back "call back" in to do your "fair share" of covers.

All the management care about are spread sheets not people. As a tanker driver I drive very tired due to a loop hole in driver hours Fonterra gets you to work 72+ hrs a week due to a 24 hour brake taken between last day and first night shift. But on a plus I can't actually remember being at work last two nights due to severe tiredness.

Fonterra Benifits greatly using sleep deprivation to get a driver to work faster to get home to bed. If you don't rush take your time (as instructed by driver trainer) you are micro managed and constantly called to explain why you finish last ever night. The management remind you you don't have to be here. But most my collages are stuck due to mortgage comitments, and no other well paid jobs around.

The first year was interesting but after that job is boring. No challenges at all. If computer brakes down job becomes interesting due to brain usage.

Your rarelly dealing with customers just farm workers normally resentfull as you get paid twice their salary .

Yes there is a union. Management always brake the union agreement trying to manipulate new workers "temps " who don't know there rights. This culture can only be encouraged from the very top.

I still work at fonterra as a tanker driver but will leave promptly after 5 years
  more... to ensure I receive the company's superannuation contribution.  less
Pros
Well paid (due a huge pay rise soon I feel)
Cons
Boring dangerous tiresome
Large company growing very quickly
Sales Support, FBNZ Grocery (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 July 2017
Lacks a bit of culture due to size, but is a good company overall. Great work-life balance, but that is typical of New Zealand. Pays employees for the job/work expected.
Love it
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Taranaki10 May 2017
Fully recommended the pay is good the company is very helpful would have like to work there longer but as I was only contracted to couple weeks of work been under a agency didnt get offered full employment.
Pros
Certain percent off food from canteen
A good place to work
Senior Reporting Analyst - People Reporting (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland3 May 2017
Collect your laptop from your locker. FInd a desk. Attend a thrice weekly team meeting. Use Lync to talk to people around the building or in other locations. Meet people at shared desk locations or cafe areas within the building.
Pros
Cafes for meetings
Cons
Hot desking
Productive and Fun
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 April 2017
A typical day at Tip Top. I was always at work early so id help set up which was cool because it gave me self control. I knew where everything was and got savvy with what i had to do and where everything had to go. Asked questions when I had problems and they always got solved. The Operators at Tip Top were AMAZING!! I picked up on so much thanks to them. Most enjoyable part of working there was the environment. Everyone is chilled, likes to talk but remain focused as well. Id go back and work for them again.
Timing
Milk merchandisor (Current Employee) –  Manukau10 March 2017
In 2015 i start working in Fonterra. I like this Job because its timing is good staff is cooperative good pay.
This job has some good points like long hours but some bad points we have to travel store to store some time just stuck in traffic.
Pros
Cons
Traffic
Great Company
DAS Lab Technician Waitoa Fonterra (Former Employee) –  Waitoa, Waikato30 January 2017
interaction with clients . Customer Service skills essential
Upskilling opportunities huge.
Workplace culture fresh ideas and new skills introduced were welcomed by most but however some staff were unhappy with any changes and preferred that things stay the same
I learnt that growth teamwork good communication are all important
Pros
Great hours
Cons
people set in their ways
good support to up skill
L5B Packing Operator/L6 Spoc within Dpp2 (Current Employee) –  Whareroa28 January 2017
Is a good stable foundation for someone looking to go far in life and do well...they are very good at up skilling workers to be better at what they do and the super scheme is second to none...
Pros
good money
Cons
shift work, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.