Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews

New Zealand128 reviews
Overall a very good factory to work. seasonal work. so 10%of laborers are temporary. Difficult to become a permanent employee even after one year.!2 hrs is too long for physical work since it is fast-paced work.
Pros
Moderate wage
Cons
12 Hrs shift
Fonterra was great to work for. Fair a decent work environment. Fair pay. Bosses are great. Great training. Flexible shifts. Just a great company overall
Fonterra is good place to work and learn industry standards. Fonterra have great collaborative staff to work with and not much stressful environment at fonterra.
Always looking to improve. Good understanding of process and its importance. Lots of transformation always trying to be better. Bit political in some departments.
I wouldn't change anything about my experience there. typical Day at work would be aiming for improving any downtime, on machinery, I leaned alot from multi-tasking across all shifts.
Management became engaged more on the floor, this was the culture,

The hardest part of my job was taking my job too serious instead . But I enjoyed coming into work and knowing every day is different.
Excellent team spirit here with a lot of help given by the more experienced drivers along with management.
Good planning with daily briefs that include all those involved with the tasks of the day, well informed, well supported, fantastic equipment an environment that has been difficult to replace.
Global business that is fast paced, competing on the world stage, Pay was very good, but fonterra is a big business and most employees are treated like a number, production is everything and halts for nobody
Pros
Well Paid
Cons
Long Hours
Really enjoyed my time working for Fonterra as a temp. Staff are friendly and positive. Everyone is easy to get along with. The interview process took a while but I would go back to Fonterra any day for work.
Great team, training, company culture and growth opportunities. Fonterra have great management programmes in place to further develop yourselves and /or your employees. Continuous improvement and openness to learn and improve your performance, wider business process and procedure is essential. We also completed an annual employee engegement survey where you can voice any concerns you may have.
Great place to work. Great people, supportive management. Lots of opportunties to learn. Fast paced. Really enjoyed working with a number of different teams across Fonterra business units.
All good about the company culture and compensation , rest one has to adjust according to the situation. But overall takes care of the employees and it's health.
They are a great place to work with heaps of advancement opportunities, great pay and exceptional work life balance. Hard work is rewarded and great managers.

Hardest decision of my life to leave and travel and would not have otherwise.
Good place to work. Good people. Room for career development. Approachable Management. Good benefits. Helpful Union. Very good Super scheme. Will miss working there.
Fonterra was a great place to work for opportunities to experience different business units and stretch yourself while still work for a big firm and achieving fantastic results in manufacturing
Working at Fonterra was brilliant my years being there really whanauxx culture. Hours were good they worked in well with my children. I was 2ic only 3years I was a pick packer forkhoist driver working night shift and days
I have really enjoyed working at fonterra. The people are so caring for each other. very friendly team and environment. Hardly no two days are the same.
Everything is well organized and it has lots of opportunities to work and develop my skills and experiences. Working environment is also good and uselful training is always provided
Pros
Good organization
Most of the managers here like to show off their power rather than helping people to get the work done.
As a new staff, you can easily be a target for the "higher level" people giving you a very hard time (such as judge you wrongly, bully you, etc.) at the beginning.
Very interesting place to work. Fonterra is large, and has a lot of interesting but different problems to be solved. Each day is different and engaging.
Fonterra is a typical world renowned company with a fun environment regardless of the age groups working there and they also have a really good relationship with employees.
Very competitive people do not listen . Take long to make decisions . Great products .Very nice country with some friendly people . Company could not make any decisions
Pros
Great Country
Cons
too far