Fonterra Employee Reviews

Unpleasant hierarchical working environment
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palmerston North City, Manawatu-Wanganui15 August 2019
Most of the managers here like to show off their power rather than helping people to get the work done.
As a new staff, you can easily be a target for the "higher level" people giving you a very hard time (such as judge you wrongly, bully you, etc.) at the beginning.
Fun and Productive
Data Ingestion Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 May 2019
Fonterra is a typical world renowned company with a fun environment regardless of the age groups working there and they also have a really good relationship with employees.
Fonterra Work culture
Global Process Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Zealand22 March 2019
Very competitive people do not listen . Take long to make decisions . Great products .Very nice country with some friendly people . Company could not make any decisions
Pros
Great Country
Cons
too far
Amazing place to work
Optimisation Planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 February 2019
Fonterra is an amazing place to work. Great work like balance and working culture where everyone acts like a single unit working towards the same vision. Refreshing.
Process Technologist
Packaging Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kauri30 January 2019
Its really good working at Fonterra 4 day on and 4 day off really good. My daily routine was testing samples not everyday was same it was more challenging day by day.
pretty good place to work
General hand and Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Taranaki11 November 2018
factory work so simple but monotonous, good pay, good hours, good benefits although at times a difficult work enviroment with some people you work with
A place for advancement
Sales Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 October 2018
Fonterra is a provided a good work environment and many personal development opportunities. It's a place for the ambitious ones to grow, and is moving away from its traditional bureaucratic mindset to a modern Company who embraces the youth.

Bonus structure needs to be more reflective on the people looking after the bigger accounts to increase motivation of employees. Needs to move away from the 'blame' culture.
Pros
Ice Cream Fridays, personal development
Cons
Bonus structure
productive and fun enviroment
Wrapper operator, Packing area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland15 October 2018
Fonterra brands Tip Top is a great place to work for, the management and the culture there is amazing. Health & Safety will be highly rated as well as the quality in the company. I've learnt a lot where we do a lot of trainings. The hardest part of the job was leaving my position.
Pros
free breakfast once a month. Bbqs
productive and fun
assistant merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tauranga, Bay of Plenty21 August 2018
I was hired to be extra help during the Christmas holidays as a helper . My duties were to merchandise the products we handled and rotate dates and display them in a presentable way on shelves in super markets.
Great place to learn skills
Supply Chain Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 July 2018
You are often surrounded by some of the most brilliant and intelligent people in the country and so it's not hard to feel like you're learning something new everyday. It is also difficult sometimes as the company is a co-operative so there is the delicate challenge making profit but in a way the farmers are comfortable with, so this presents some unique challenges.
Long hours, stressful, good salary and very secure employment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Zealand23 May 2018
A very fast paced industry working long hours. Great salary as a forklift operator however supervisory roles were well under paid. A genuine opportunity to advance in the company both upwards and sideways. Fonterra open other doors through Emergency Response training, networking with other employees from other sites on various projects and social events outside the work place. The company also offered great health insurance for me and my family and an impressive superannuation scheme. Overall a secure and reputable company to work for.
Pros
Salary, Reputation of company, shift pattern lifestyle (4on4off)
Cons
Supervisory roles under paid, stress, long hours, work/home balance
Fantastic Company- Complete package
Business Analyst and SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland3 April 2018
I enjoyed thoroughly in Fonterra. Out of many few good thing are management they are easily accessible , Sitting arrangement based on mood and intensity of work, they are separate arrangement like focus area, sea side area and anyone can sit anywhere. Respect and value each other in the diversified environment. Most importantly they have separate praying area for muslims which is very rear to see in NZ .

I love to go back and work again in Fonterra:)
Fun Workplace
Product Explainer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 March 2018
Working for the Fonterra Science Roadshow was my first ever paid job. It was also the job that allowed me build my confidence and communicate with a lot of strangers which has contributed to my abilities of providing good customer service. My employer allowed me to learn and grow not only as a person but also skill wise. Thank you for the contribution you had on creating the person I am today.
Draining Work Environment
Tower Operator (Former Employee) –  Waikato13 February 2018
Very little regard for work culture or the well-being of workers in general. Communication between management and employees had a lot of room for improvement.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Long hours, ineffective communication, toxic work culture
fun job meet and made some great friend for life
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  1 Bridge St Eltham23 January 2018
I love to learn new things and things done right first time and every time.
I can work well with others and also on my own.
I love to have fun in my job as well as doing my job.
Pros
meeting new people and making new friends as well as making a living.
Cons
Was finding it hard to stand in one place for 12 hours
Due to change of ownership it was rather unsettled at time
2 IC Retail Admin (Former Employee) –  Shannon, Wellington10 January 2018
This company was originally Kiwi Trading when i joined company in 1999 after 2 years they bought Town and Country Northland and the company grew very pleasant to work for. I was promoted to 2IC within 6 months of joining. Kiwi trading and Anchor then combined and became Fonterra. Fonterra as a whole was an excellent conpany to work for very good incentives for all staff excellent health and safety reviews overall excellent company to work for
Pros
Recognition on work results
Cons
At intervals employment of store managers wasnt the greatest
Productive workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Taranaki6 January 2018
Worked 3 years at fonterra collingwood st eltham as a process operator where i was required to set up and break.down also run machine lines in the process department
Pros
Good work mates good jobs
Cons
Indoors
Good
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland29 December 2017
Good environment, medium salary. Company with huge impact on business and society. Excellent experience
Innovative and resilliant
Global Manager, Innovation, Consumer Brands (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 December 2017
Innovative mind set constantly striving to get better and challenging the status quo. Cosmopolite culture with many nationalities and ethnicities working together.
Cool work place
Factory Experience (Former Employee) –  Taranaki14 December 2017
I actually liked it but got sick at the time hence why I had to leave that job , It's a real easy job and I loved it ,It's fast pace and easy to learn what to do ,
Pros
Cruise job
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.