Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Really enjoyed my time working for Fonterra as a temp. Staff are friendly and positive. Everyone is easy to get along with. The interview process took a while but I would go back to Fonterra any day for work.
Great team, training, company culture and growth opportunities. Fonterra have great management programmes in place to further develop yourselves and /or your employees. Continuous improvement and openness to learn and improve your performance, wider business process and procedure is essential. We also completed an annual employee engegement survey where you can voice any concerns you may have.
Workplace Review Summary
Great place to work. Great people, supportive management. Lots of opportunties to learn. Fast paced. Really enjoyed working with a number of different teams across Fonterra business units.
All good
All good about the company culture and compensation , rest one has to adjust according to the situation. But overall takes care of the employees and it's health.
Brilliant
They are a great place to work with heaps of advancement opportunities, great pay and exceptional work life balance. Hard work is rewarded and great managers.

Hardest decision of my life to leave and travel and would not have otherwise.
Good place to work.
Good place to work. Good people. Room for career development. Approachable Management. Good benefits. Helpful Union. Very good Super scheme. Will miss working there.
Growth and development
Fonterra was a great place to work for opportunities to experience different business units and stretch yourself while still work for a big firm and achieving fantastic results in manufacturing
Hours in years of being there changed 3 times
Working at Fonterra was brilliant my years being there really whanauxx culture. Hours were good they worked in well with my children. I was 2ic only 3years I was a pick packer forkhoist driver working night shift and days
very productive
I have really enjoyed working at fonterra. The people are so caring for each other. very friendly team and environment. Hardly no two days are the same.
Good organization
Everything is well organized and it has lots of opportunities to work and develop my skills and experiences. Working environment is also good and uselful training is always provided
Pros
Good organization
Unpleasant hierarchical working environment
Most of the managers here like to show off their power rather than helping people to get the work done.
As a new staff, you can easily be a target for the "higher level" people giving you a very hard time (such as judge you wrongly, bully you, etc.) at the beginning.
Good Place to work
Very interesting place to work. Fonterra is large, and has a lot of interesting but different problems to be solved. Each day is different and engaging.
Fun and Productive
Fonterra is a typical world renowned company with a fun environment regardless of the age groups working there and they also have a really good relationship with employees.
Fonterra Work culture
Very competitive people do not listen . Take long to make decisions . Great products .Very nice country with some friendly people . Company could not make any decisions
Pros
Great Country
Cons
too far
Amazing place to work
Fonterra is an amazing place to work. Great work like balance and working culture where everyone acts like a single unit working towards the same vision. Refreshing.
Process Technologist
Its really good working at Fonterra 4 day on and 4 day off really good. My daily routine was testing samples not everyday was same it was more challenging day by day.
pretty good place to work
factory work so simple but monotonous, good pay, good hours, good benefits although at times a difficult work enviroment with some people you work with
A place for advancement
Fonterra is a provided a good work environment and many personal development opportunities. It's a place for the ambitious ones to grow, and is moving away from its traditional bureaucratic mindset to a modern Company who embraces the youth.

Bonus structure needs to be more reflective on the people looking after the bigger accounts to increase motivation of employees. Needs to move away from the 'blame' culture.
Pros
Ice Cream Fridays, personal development
Cons
Bonus structure
productive and fun enviroment
Fonterra brands Tip Top is a great place to work for, the management and the culture there is amazing. Health & Safety will be highly rated as well as the quality in the company. I've learnt a lot where we do a lot of trainings. The hardest part of the job was leaving my position.
Pros
free breakfast once a month. Bbqs
productive and fun
I was hired to be extra help during the Christmas holidays as a helper . My duties were to merchandise the products we handled and rotate dates and display them in a presentable way on shelves in super markets.
Great place to learn skills
You are often surrounded by some of the most brilliant and intelligent people in the country and so it's not hard to feel like you're learning something new everyday. It is also difficult sometimes as the company is a co-operative so there is the delicate challenge making profit but in a way the farmers are comfortable with, so this presents some unique challenges.