Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Fonterra Employee Review

Excellent team spirit, very positive culture.

27 April 2020
Excellent team spirit here with a lot of help given by the more experienced drivers along with management.
Good planning with daily briefs that include all those involved with the tasks of the day, well informed, well supported, fantastic equipment an environment that has been difficult to replace.
14 July 2017
Same role
Tanker driver (Current Employee) - Pahiatua / Longburn
At fonterra the job is a lie from the add- "better work life balance" No out of a 9 day shift pattern you may get 3 days off one of which you sleep all day. middle day your still a zombie leaving one proper day off out of 9. That's if you aren't called back "call back" in to do your "fair share" of covers.

All the management care about are spread sheets not people. As a tanker driver I drive very tired due to a loop hole in driver hours Fonterra gets you to work 72+ hrs a week due to a 24 hour brake taken between last day and first night shift. But on a plus I can't actually remember being at work last two nights due to severe tiredness.

Fonterra Benifits greatly using sleep deprivation to get a driver to work faster to get home to bed. If you don't rush take your time (as instructed by driver trainer) you are micro managed and constantly called to explain why you finish last ever night. The management remind you you don't have to be here. But most my collages are stuck due to mortgage comitments, and no other well paid jobs around.

The first year was interesting but after that job is boring. No challenges at all. If computer brakes down job becomes interesting due to brain usage.

Your rarelly dealing with customers just farm workers normally resentfull as you get paid twice their salary .

Yes there is a union. Management always brake the union agreement trying to manipulate new workers "temps " who don't know there rights. This culture can only be encouraged from the very top.

I still work at fonterra as a tanker driver but will leave promptly after 5 years
 - more...
Pros
Well paid (due a huge pay rise soon I feel)
Cons
Boring dangerous tiresome
5 July 2015
Same location
Truck & Trailer Driver (Former Employee) - Christchurch
Early starts on day shift then collect milk from around the Canterbury, Marlbrough,South Canterbury and North Otago.The milk then could end up at any milk factory within these areas.Night was a 5.00 pm start then basically the same as Day Shift.I learn,t A lot about the farming community and the areas that we travelled.When you seen your co-workers it was always good to catch up on what was happening at the different factory,s.The hardest part of the job was getting used to 3 days then 3 nights then 3 days off.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours and Shift work.
6 April 2014
Same location
conrete plaster (Former Employee) - Christchurch, S
hi well start work off with a bef toolboxs meeting so everyone nos wats happening for the day every day your learning somethink new like how to mixs the plaster right so it easy to plaster like make it abit wetter when plasting the sealings cause you dont nwant it hard its much hard to deal with. My co worker are larfable honest hard working guys i all ways tell then we need to make money for our boss or eles its not worth being there.Well there wasnt no hardest part as long as everyone was doing there job and the most enjoyable part was all having larfs about each others plastering most off all i loved that job rain heil snow.thank you for your time.