Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews

Overall a very good factory to work. seasonal work. so 10%of laborers are temporary. Difficult to become a permanent employee even after one year.!2 hrs is too long for physical work since it is fast-paced work.
Pros
Moderate wage
Cons
12 Hrs shift
Fonterra Ltd is a great place to work when it comes to work culture and growth for performers. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies and implement in your job.
Fonterra was great to work for. Fair a decent work environment. Fair pay. Bosses are great. Great training. Flexible shifts. Just a great company overall
Fonterra is good place to work and learn industry standards. Fonterra have great collaborative staff to work with and not much stressful environment at fonterra.
Fontera is a dream come true for any university intern. It is an amazing place which makes sure that you fall in love with the industry you wish to work. While they guide you all the time they provide opportunities to work independently.
Always looking to improve. Good understanding of process and its importance. Lots of transformation always trying to be better. Bit political in some departments.
I wouldn't change anything about my experience there. typical Day at work would be aiming for improving any downtime, on machinery, I leaned alot from multi-tasking across all shifts.
Management became engaged more on the floor, this was the culture,

The hardest part of my job was taking my job too serious instead . But I enjoyed coming into work and knowing every day is different.
Excellent team spirit here with a lot of help given by the more experienced drivers along with management.
Good planning with daily briefs that include all those involved with the tasks of the day, well informed, well supported, fantastic equipment an environment that has been difficult to replace.
Global business that is fast paced, competing on the world stage, Pay was very good, but fonterra is a big business and most employees are treated like a number, production is everything and halts for nobody
Pros
Well Paid
Cons
Long Hours
Really enjoyed my time working for Fonterra as a temp. Staff are friendly and positive. Everyone is easy to get along with. The interview process took a while but I would go back to Fonterra any day for work.
Great team, training, company culture and growth opportunities. Fonterra have great management programmes in place to further develop yourselves and /or your employees. Continuous improvement and openness to learn and improve your performance, wider business process and procedure is essential. We also completed an annual employee engegement survey where you can voice any concerns you may have.
At Fonterra, people are friendly, outgoing and have great co-operative spirit. There are a lot of opportunities to try different ways of working and drive innovations and out of the box thinking. The benefits and compensation is decent and career development and growth is minimal as the organizational structure is flat. The best part of the job is the ability to have ideas and having an outlet to execute them. Health and wellness are considered important and the overall work environment is very positive.
Diverse cultural atmosphere along with proper work ethics and procedures including adhering to 5S and other relevant standards that is maintained inside a production and manufacturing plant
Great place to work. Great people, supportive management. Lots of opportunties to learn. Fast paced. Really enjoyed working with a number of different teams across Fonterra business units.
All good about the company culture and compensation , rest one has to adjust according to the situation. But overall takes care of the employees and it's health.
They are a great place to work with heaps of advancement opportunities, great pay and exceptional work life balance. Hard work is rewarded and great managers.

Hardest decision of my life to leave and travel and would not have otherwise.
Good place to work. Good people. Room for career development. Approachable Management. Good benefits. Helpful Union. Very good Super scheme. Will miss working there.
Fonterra was a great place to work for opportunities to experience different business units and stretch yourself while still work for a big firm and achieving fantastic results in manufacturing
Fonterra and the companies that paved the way for Fonterra Australia were vital to the Victorian and Tasmanian dairy industry which would not have survived had Fonterra not intervened.
Working at Fonterra was brilliant my years being there really whanauxx culture. Hours were good they worked in well with my children. I was 2ic only 3years I was a pick packer forkhoist driver working night shift and days
It's a job not for everyone, you need to make sure you can live with 4 on 4 off roster with a 3 shift rotation. The people you work with and been there longer than you seem to ALWAYS think they are above you & will try and control you, also they think the factory can't run without them and the world will stop turning if they weren't there. The real problem with Fonterra is the Management and of course relying on cows producing milk and we all know we are in a drought and it's getting worse. Even if your full-time or part-time even casual your future is not safe. Seeing perfectly hard working full-time employees been there for over 4 years let go for the smallest problems with no warnings or talking to just let go. There HR is extremely strick . They make you feel you can move up, but they make it very clear after you've been put on full-time that you're only a dairy operative. Don't waste your time there management is disgraceful. Seen 4 different kinds of management changes while working there , that's 4 guys moved on or different job. Like I said if they d if they need to make cuts they just do it, no warnings.