Fonterra

Fonterra Employee Reviews

New Zealand141 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Night shfit great place to work

7 years nightshft B Beverages good culture - canteen great - staff shop very good - ample parking at nights - shift pattern 3/2/2 - gave every second weekend off Saturday thru Monday 3 days ngood work life balance.

Pros

3/2/2 shift great canteen and shop

Cons

Mangment could be a little petty and annoying

A good place to work

Great people and workplace culture, good development opportunities, plenty of interesting problems to solve, company does a good job of looking after employees.

Overall Good

Excellent work place to work.peace full people and help full culture there.I never seen before that level dairy company in srilanka.they supportive to achieve our goals and future.probably if someone came to fonterra they are never leave company without any specific reason.so I recommend fonterra one of best company of the world.

Great company

Excellent company to work for. Recommend this employer. Career advancement opportunities, upskilling. Great team of people who work together well to achieve company goals. Supportive management styles

co-operative & enjoyable work place

Estimated and quoted prices, credit or contract terms and delivery dates. Answered customers' questions about products, prices and availability.Complied with corporate regulations, policies and procedures to maximize safety, security and overall trust in organization and employees.Kept work and common areas neat and organized to maximize productivity, alleviate potential accidents and promote professional workspace.

At the time - it wasn’t enjoyable. Bordering on toxic.

I learnt a lot about environments I didn’t want to work in. Highly unionised, it made working in my role very difficult. However, it was interesting working in a manufacturing environment in an HR role - challenges not faced in other businesses I worked in.

I really do like this job actually

Been working there for about five months and I really enjoyed working there positive people and also the atmosphere inside also good vibes all the time

Pros

Free fruit

Cons

Long hours but good money

Great place to work, great workmates etc

A typical day, is picking up milk or product around the Waikato, and further, learn heaps, and continuing to learn from different tips from other Drivers.Workmates are awgreat job,money etcsume, always willing to help, or answer your questions

Pros

Great job, money etc

Fast paced area

Always busy. If the lines break down or not running theres other things to do. 12hr shifts 4 on 4 off throughout the year working through public holidays if your shift lands on it. Teams are good to work with. Experience in all operators is around you if you have the motivation to learn. Training is common and great to see. Areas are the cleanest and stands out if you are a visitor. Management are often seen around on the floor or passing through.

Pros

Good team atmosphere. Good experienced operators to learn from.

Cons

12hr shift drags if the lines are stop/start.

Excellent

Good work, good pay. The hours suck but 4 on 4 off is great. The job is good. Hot and noisy but comfortable to work in. Good career prospects and advancement. Overall, great place to work.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Shift work

Awesome culture

Largest NZ organisation by revenue, Fonterra nurtures it's people and aligns it's strategic objects to the food of it's local environment, community and people who it employs.

Pros

Discounted merchandise

Cons

Meetings can soak up important work time

Great culture and support, but can be management dependant

Been in the company for several years, and had two positions. My experience here has been great, but I know that depends very much on the manager toy have, and I've been kinky to have two very supportive managers in my time here. Work culture is second to none, with very good flexibility offered and a genuine interest from management to see their employees healthy and happy. Potential for advancement is there, but not in an organised way, it is really up to you as a person to drive your development and network. The one con I would say is renumeration is capped at a percentage when going up. So very often, you get to a point where you would need to leave Fonterra to get a decent jump in salary, for the same position.

Pros

Management support, flexible working options, culture, discounted dairy, opportunity to learn.

Cons

Renumeration

So easy and soooooo fun

It was awesome watching the machine do the things its programmed to do. Just sucks that the work is seasonal. Little amount of typing made dyslexia more manageable

Pros

All round awesome place to work

Cons

Seasonal work, never constant

Overall a very good factory to work. seasonal work. so 10%of laborers are temporary. Difficult to become a permanent employee even after one year.!2 hrs is too long for physical work since it is fast-paced work.

Pros

Moderate wage

Cons

12 Hrs shift

Great

Fonterra was great to work for. Fair a decent work environment. Fair pay. Bosses are great. Great training. Flexible shifts. Just a great company overall

Fonterra is good place to work and learn industry standards. Fonterra have great collaborative staff to work with and not much stressful environment at fonterra.

Huge, complex and fun

Always looking to improve. Good understanding of process and its importance. Lots of transformation always trying to be better. Bit political in some departments.

I worked for them for 6+ years , it would of been much longer if I hadn't moved overseas to be closer to my grandchildren.

I wouldn't change anything about my experience there. typical Day at work would be aiming for improving any downtime, on machinery, I leaned alot from multi-tasking across all shifts. Management became engaged more on the floor, this was the culture, The hardest part of my job was taking my job too serious instead . But I enjoyed coming into work and knowing every day is different.

Excellent team spirit, very positive culture.

Excellent team spirit here with a lot of help given by the more experienced drivers along with management. Good planning with daily briefs that include all those involved with the tasks of the day, well informed, well supported, fantastic equipment an environment that has been difficult to replace.

Fast Paced food production

Global business that is fast paced, competing on the world stage, Pay was very good, but fonterra is a big business and most employees are treated like a number, production is everything and halts for nobody

Pros

Well Paid

Cons

Long Hours

Fun workplace

Really enjoyed my time working for Fonterra as a temp. Staff are friendly and positive. Everyone is easy to get along with. The interview process took a while but I would go back to Fonterra any day for work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Fonterra
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?