Fonterra Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Good Place to work
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Auckland NZ1 June 2019
Very interesting place to work. Fonterra is large, and has a lot of interesting but different problems to be solved. Each day is different and engaging.
Fun and Productive
Data Ingestion Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland7 May 2019
Fonterra is a typical world renowned company with a fun environment regardless of the age groups working there and they also have a really good relationship with employees.
Amazing place to work
Optimisation Planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland21 February 2019
Fonterra is an amazing place to work. Great work like balance and working culture where everyone acts like a single unit working towards the same vision. Refreshing.
A place for advancement
Sales Operations Executive (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland17 October 2018
Fonterra is a provided a good work environment and many personal development opportunities. It's a place for the ambitious ones to grow, and is moving away from its traditional bureaucratic mindset to a modern Company who embraces the youth.

Bonus structure needs to be more reflective on the people looking after the bigger accounts to increase motivation of employees. Needs to move away from the 'blame' culture.
Pros
Ice Cream Fridays, personal development
Cons
Bonus structure
productive and fun enviroment
Wrapper operator, Packing area supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auckland15 October 2018
Fonterra brands Tip Top is a great place to work for, the management and the culture there is amazing. Health & Safety will be highly rated as well as the quality in the company. I've learnt a lot where we do a lot of trainings. The hardest part of the job was leaving my position.
Pros
free breakfast once a month. Bbqs
Great place to learn skills
Supply Chain Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland30 July 2018
You are often surrounded by some of the most brilliant and intelligent people in the country and so it's not hard to feel like you're learning something new everyday. It is also difficult sometimes as the company is a co-operative so there is the delicate challenge making profit but in a way the farmers are comfortable with, so this presents some unique challenges.
Fun Workplace
Product Explainer (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland6 March 2018
Working for the Fonterra Science Roadshow was my first ever paid job. It was also the job that allowed me build my confidence and communicate with a lot of strangers which has contributed to my abilities of providing good customer service. My employer allowed me to learn and grow not only as a person but also skill wise. Thank you for the contribution you had on creating the person I am today.
Good
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland29 December 2017
Good environment, medium salary. Company with huge impact on business and society. Excellent experience
Innovative and resilliant
Global Manager, Innovation, Consumer Brands (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland28 December 2017
Innovative mind set constantly striving to get better and challenging the status quo. Cosmopolite culture with many nationalities and ethnicities working together.
Corporate Work Environment
DC / Warehouse / Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland5 October 2017
Role comes with all the corporate political challenges that large corporate environments unfortunately are burdened with.

Learned a lot with in the company, bit would not recommend joining this large corporate where you are just a number.
Pros
Good people, learn a lot
Cons
Corporate Politics
Great workplace and friendly staff
Board of Directors, President (Current Employee) –  Auckland2 August 2017
I love working here, its one of those jobs that I am always able to wake up in the morning and be motivated to start the day and put in my hours. :)))
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
None really.
Large company growing very quickly
Sales Support, FBNZ Grocery (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland7 July 2017
Lacks a bit of culture due to size, but is a good company overall. Great work-life balance, but that is typical of New Zealand. Pays employees for the job/work expected.
A good place to work
Senior Reporting Analyst - People Reporting (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland3 May 2017
Collect your laptop from your locker. FInd a desk. Attend a thrice weekly team meeting. Use Lync to talk to people around the building or in other locations. Meet people at shared desk locations or cafe areas within the building.
Pros
Cafes for meetings
Cons
Hot desking
Productive and Fun
Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland6 April 2017
A typical day at Tip Top. I was always at work early so id help set up which was cool because it gave me self control. I knew where everything was and got savvy with what i had to do and where everything had to go. Asked questions when I had problems and they always got solved. The Operators at Tip Top were AMAZING!! I picked up on so much thanks to them. Most enjoyable part of working there was the environment. Everyone is chilled, likes to talk but remain focused as well. Id go back and work for them again.
Productive flexible working environment
Sales Operations Executive (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand11 January 2017
- Flexible hours
- Activity based work approach (hot desks)
- Challenging environment but many opportunities to move within the business
Great work environment
Personal Assistant to GM Planning & Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N8 October 2015
A great supportive work environment with people from all over the world. Hard working culture with people who enjoy work life balance.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Budget constraints
A typical day for me is fast moving and can be extremely demanding.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N12 August 2015
I am located at Tip Top, Mt Wellington so you can imagine it's like working for "Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory" (except we manufacture Ice Cream). This is a manufacturing sight along with your Administration/Customer Services offices. I see everyone as an individual not as to the job they do. The people here are great and you can have a good laugh!

On the job training happens quite often, keeping everyone up to speed with new products, system updates etc. I currently work with a team of 6 which was at one stage 10 and again is unfortunately dwindling down.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Having to walk outside in order to get to the cafeteria
A good place to work
SAP Functional consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland, NZ15 June 2015
it is one of the fastest growing company in India. The work environment of the company is good. People feel proud to be part of company as company provides full support to their employees in professional front. It has cross the branches in the world. So, I have a good opportunity to show my talent.
Normal Day
Quality Assurance Analyst/ Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Auckland City6 April 2014
From the time you get into the office, review my emails, assess the urgent from BAU , work at clearing emails, Look at current Master Data Issues and resolving them. Attend online conferenecs or faciltate them.
Trouble shooting lobals Sales Netwrok Issues .

Learned alot about SAP and Global Processes, Documentation.

Great Team in working together, helping and upskilling each other.

Hardest part of the job the long hours.

Enjoyable part of the job is working with the great people.
Pros
One Icecream every 2 weeks
Great Place to Benefit NZ
Manager Reporting Standards Solutions (Current Employee) –  Auckland, N11 February 2014
Great place to work and produce some benefits to farmers. Sone long hours needed, but where is that not the case in a performing company. Getting your head around whos doing what is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Scope of work, Global company, Benefits
Cons
Numerous restructures

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.