Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews in Auckland City, Auckland

Auckland City, Auckland27 reviews
Fonterra Ltd is a great place to work when it comes to work culture and growth for performers. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies and implement in your job.
Great team, training, company culture and growth opportunities. Fonterra have great management programmes in place to further develop yourselves and /or your employees. Continuous improvement and openness to learn and improve your performance, wider business process and procedure is essential. We also completed an annual employee engegement survey where you can voice any concerns you may have.
All good about the company culture and compensation , rest one has to adjust according to the situation. But overall takes care of the employees and it's health.
Everything is well organized and it has lots of opportunities to work and develop my skills and experiences. Working environment is also good and uselful training is always provided
Pros
Good organization
Very interesting place to work. Fonterra is large, and has a lot of interesting but different problems to be solved. Each day is different and engaging.
Fonterra is a typical world renowned company with a fun environment regardless of the age groups working there and they also have a really good relationship with employees.
Fonterra is an amazing place to work. Great work like balance and working culture where everyone acts like a single unit working towards the same vision. Refreshing.
Fonterra is a provided a good work environment and many personal development opportunities. It's a place for the ambitious ones to grow, and is moving away from its traditional bureaucratic mindset to a modern Company who embraces the youth.

Bonus structure needs to be more reflective on the people looking after the bigger accounts to increase motivation of employees. Needs to move away from the 'blame' culture.
Pros
Ice Cream Fridays, personal development
Cons
Bonus structure
Fonterra brands Tip Top is a great place to work for, the management and the culture there is amazing. Health & Safety will be highly rated as well as the quality in the company. I've learnt a lot where we do a lot of trainings. The hardest part of the job was leaving my position.
Pros
free breakfast once a month. Bbqs
You are often surrounded by some of the most brilliant and intelligent people in the country and so it's not hard to feel like you're learning something new everyday. It is also difficult sometimes as the company is a co-operative so there is the delicate challenge making profit but in a way the farmers are comfortable with, so this presents some unique challenges.
Working for the Fonterra Science Roadshow was my first ever paid job. It was also the job that allowed me build my confidence and communicate with a lot of strangers which has contributed to my abilities of providing good customer service. My employer allowed me to learn and grow not only as a person but also skill wise. Thank you for the contribution you had on creating the person I am today.
Good environment, medium salary. Company with huge impact on business and society. Excellent experience
Innovative mind set constantly striving to get better and challenging the status quo. Cosmopolite culture with many nationalities and ethnicities working together.
Role comes with all the corporate political challenges that large corporate environments unfortunately are burdened with.

Learned a lot with in the company, bit would not recommend joining this large corporate where you are just a number.
Pros
Good people, learn a lot
Cons
Corporate Politics
I love working here, its one of those jobs that I am always able to wake up in the morning and be motivated to start the day and put in my hours. :)))
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
None really.
Lacks a bit of culture due to size, but is a good company overall. Great work-life balance, but that is typical of New Zealand. Pays employees for the job/work expected.
Collect your laptop from your locker. FInd a desk. Attend a thrice weekly team meeting. Use Lync to talk to people around the building or in other locations. Meet people at shared desk locations or cafe areas within the building.
Pros
Cafes for meetings
Cons
Hot desking
A typical day at Tip Top. I was always at work early so id help set up which was cool because it gave me self control. I knew where everything was and got savvy with what i had to do and where everything had to go. Asked questions when I had problems and they always got solved. The Operators at Tip Top were AMAZING!! I picked up on so much thanks to them. Most enjoyable part of working there was the environment. Everyone is chilled, likes to talk but remain focused as well. Id go back and work for them again.
- Flexible hours
- Activity based work approach (hot desks)

- Challenging environment but many opportunities to move within the business
A great supportive work environment with people from all over the world. Hard working culture with people who enjoy work life balance.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Budget constraints
I am located at Tip Top, Mt Wellington so you can imagine it's like working for "Willy Wonker and the Chocolate Factory" (except we manufacture Ice Cream). This is a manufacturing sight along with your Administration/Customer Services offices. I see everyone as an individual not as to the job they do. The people here are great and you can have a good laugh!

On the job training happens quite often, keeping everyone up to speed with new products, system updates etc. I currently work with a team of 6 which was at one stage 10 and again is unfortunately dwindling down.
Pros
Free Ice Cream
Cons
Having to walk outside in order to get to the cafeteria