Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews in Eltham, Taranaki

Eltham, Taranaki10 reviews
Fonterra was great to work for. Fair a decent work environment. Fair pay. Bosses are great. Great training. Flexible shifts. Just a great company overall
factory work so simple but monotonous, good pay, good hours, good benefits although at times a difficult work enviroment with some people you work with
I love to learn new things and things done right first time and every time.
I can work well with others and also on my own.

I love to have fun in my job as well as doing my job.
Pros
meeting new people and making new friends as well as making a living.
Cons
Was finding it hard to stand in one place for 12 hours
Worked 3 years at fonterra collingwood st eltham as a process operator where i was required to set up and break.down also run machine lines in the process department
Pros
Good work mates good jobs
Cons
Indoors
Fully recommended the pay is good the company is very helpful would have like to work there longer but as I was only contracted to couple weeks of work been under a agency didnt get offered full employment.
Pros
Certain percent off food from canteen
Cons
Fonterra has a good training and incentive scheme in place the hours of work are good and the wages fair the managers and training and support for their workers is tremendous there are career opportunities
within the company and everyone has a chance for advancement.

The people care and the union is supportive and strong and the average worker can make a living on a good wage with promotions

available within the company.

Opportunity for advancement for the average person with the willingness to learn and use some common sense is encouraged and they have workers from all cultures and backgrounds and I think that is commendable. You do not go unnoticed for making an effort and your awarded for your achievements.

They believe in equal opportunity.
Pros
Good working conditions good people fair wages reconigition.
Cons
For me it was the travel involved from South Taranaki to Eltham
loved my job here typical day was loading and unloading of products off and onto pallets with all sorts of different product. Got to do this job with ease and then go home to my family.
typical day at work was go in do your job help others.Every day you learned new skills if you prepared to help others.Management was ok but needed to listen to workers more and co-workers good to get on with and enjoyed a joke.The hardest part of the job was getting your breaks if the work load was busy.The enjoyable part of the job was helping others and showing them new skills.
Pros
good super scheme is offered
Cons
management not listening to staff and canteen hrs
a typical day at work is making sure that you are working in a clean environment and to be aware of the dangers around you.

I learnt that although the job given may seem easy you should always take any job serious no matter how big or small.

management always made sure that the workers were happy where they were and always asked workers where they can make the work place better for them both.

the hardest part of the job was to get used to the shift work.

the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that every line and everyone was running smoothly and how everyone helped each other.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I learnt how to work in a team environment.
Met people of all races, some good and some not so good.

Back breaking job, especially lifting 25kg and twisting every 10 - 20 seconds.

I enjoyed going home as soon as the shift finished.

I worked 3 different shifts; (8am - 4pm), (4pm - 12am), (12am - 8am).

This was called 3 - 8's. Three shifts and an eight hourly job.

What I did enjoy the most, was working in nearly every department of the plant. I loved working around different area's as this was good exercise for myself and learning lots of new skills for each department.