Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews in Hawera, Taranaki

Hawera, Taranaki6 reviews
Great team to work with, learnt a lot of new tools, got very tech savy, always something to do which was what I like.
Got to do a range of work which made the day feel like it went quick.

Good boss.

A nice environment to work in. Felt comfortable to ask questions about stuff I was unsure about.

Positive outcome
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Pay
I had the pleasure of working with some long timers. They taught me a lot regarding Forklift operations, Loading/unloading of containers. They also taught me how to load in a Marshaling zone, shrink wrap product and how to refuel my own Forkhoise with LPG - gas.

Loved working for Fonterra.
Pros
Fantastic Team
Cons
- Smooth operation of process and documentation of events.

- Learnt that stress is better handled in a calm productive matter, assess and produce an outcome out of the situation.

- Communication, open and documented.

- Various challenges involving process and management of ancillary service knowing that other departments within the factory a reliant on you.

- Working in a work environment where there seems to be some solidarity within the union.
Pros
Competitive salary, strong union.
Cons
Large annual hours, change in company structure.
Excellent place to work. Fantastic Management and lots of incentives
I really enjoyed my time at Fonterra. I liked the structure they have in place to manage a large number of people and it works very well.
Pros
working with people of all ages and cultures
Cons
on your feet for long hours
A typical day at work is... Go though the security doors to go into the main Office administrator's office. Then I would ask what jobs need to be done and get the job done as well and as fast as I can so I could on to the next task. I would use Most of the computerized equipment for example. (Printer, Scanner, Shredder, laminator, telephones and a computer.)
I would sort mail into slots, do jobs for share holders such as. ( Making spread sheets, Filing, and even changing some fonts for them as well.)

I also had a lot of customer service skills after the job as I was having to talk to a lot of people.

I learn't so much at Fonterra like filing, printing, scanning, laminating, telephone communicator, talking more to people etc.

The hardest part of the job was probably Talking to people as I as a shy person until I started at Fonterra. That was the best thing about working at Fonterra as well I can talk to people very frequently now.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I learn't so much whilst on he job at Fonterra but I really enjoyed being with people and conversating and working with a team at the front desk.
Pros
learn't so much
Cons
not having enough days.