Fonterra Employee Reviews in Hawera, Taranaki

Loved working for Fonterra
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Hawera, Taranaki13 March 2017
I had the pleasure of working with some long timers. They taught me a lot regarding Forklift operations, Loading/unloading of containers. They also taught me how to load in a Marshaling zone, shrink wrap product and how to refuel my own Forkhoise with LPG - gas.

Loved working for Fonterra.
Pros
Fantastic Team
Engaged workplace.
L7 Supervising Operator (Current Employee) –  Hawera, Taranaki9 June 2016
- Smooth operation of process and documentation of events.

- Learnt that stress is better handled in a calm productive matter, assess and produce an outcome out of the situation.

- Communication, open and documented.

- Various challenges involving process and management of ancillary service knowing that other departments within the factory a reliant on you.

- Working in a work environment where there seems to be some solidarity within the union.
Pros
Competitive salary, strong union.
Cons
Large annual hours, change in company structure.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Purchasing and Supply Officer (Former Employee) –  Hawera, N9 November 2013
Excellent place to work. Fantastic Management and lots of incentives
Great atmosphere to work in
Fixed term Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Whareroa, Hawera, Taranaki22 April 2013
I really enjoyed my time at Fonterra. I liked the structure they have in place to manage a large number of people and it works very well.
Pros
working with people of all ages and cultures
Cons
on your feet for long hours
Great Workplace
Office administrator (Former Employee) –  Hawera New Zealand10 September 2012
A typical day at work is... Go though the security doors to go into the main Office administrator's office. Then I would ask what jobs need to be done and get the job done as well and as fast as I can so I could on to the next task. I would use Most of the computerized equipment for example. (Printer, Scanner, Shredder, laminator, telephones and a computer.)
I would sort mail into slots, do jobs for share holders such as. ( Making spread sheets, Filing, and even changing some fonts for them as well.)
I also had a lot of customer service skills after the job as I was having to talk to a lot of people.
I learn't so much at Fonterra like filing, printing, scanning, laminating, telephone communicator, talking more to people etc.
The hardest part of the job was probably Talking to people as I as a shy person until I started at Fonterra. That was the best thing about working at Fonterra as well I can talk to people very frequently now.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I learn't so much whilst on he job at Fonterra but I really enjoyed being with people and conversating and working with a team at the front desk.
Pros
learn't so much
Cons
not having enough days.