Fonterra Employee Reviews in Te Awamutu, Waikato

productive & fun
Final Product Sampler (Current Employee) –  Te Awamutu,9 August 2015
Learn heaps with surport great bunch of people
advantages within company to upskill into different roles
management are always helpful and pass on relevent information
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
12 hour days
Productive place to work and lots of get together that they put on,so all staff could get together.
Purchasing and Inventory Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Te-Awamutu New Zealand11 June 2015
Very Productive and very family friendly ,if you needed time off for family things they would help in anyway they could.I had been with the company 30 years,and if you needed to learn new responsibilities training was always given.Management always work with the staff ,as to make a happy work place.Co-workers happy and friendy and got on most of the time.Miss-understanding was the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable was the job itself .
Pros
Time off if needed
Cons
long hours sometimes
Changing Culture.
TANKER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  FONTERRA, Te Awamutu10 July 2014
Over 100 drivers in our transport depot split into 3 rosters 3x days, 3x nights, 3x days off. Every day is different which is good. Our trucks run 24/7 so getting good shift partners is vital as 3 drivers share the same truck. The culture at work has changed over the last 5 yrs from being more friendly environment to corporate and uncaring due to the new management structure. H/S and ACC has a lot to do with this change where now we have to follow painted walk ways, guardrail with gates paths ways and crossings, we have to wear safety glasses around in all Fonterra factories and depots which has created the "safety glasses police" if you forget to put them on.
Management wants us to follow path ways and suppress individuality and when you challenge their decisions they say there's the gate if you don't like it. The latest is we are not allowed to wear slip on boots, a decision made by some one who doesn't wear boots but makes the law with no consultation with the people that wear work boots.
Pros
$32.70 p/h, super-$1.50 to my $1.00, free medical, union, holidays.
Cons
Night shift, shift work