Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Employee Reviews for Operator

Operator6 reviews
New Zealand6 reviews
Worked 3 years at fonterra collingwood st eltham as a process operator where i was required to set up and break.down also run machine lines in the process department
Pros
Good work mates good jobs
Cons
Indoors
Very little regard for work culture or the well-being of workers in general. Communication between management and employees had a lot of room for improvement.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Long hours, ineffective communication, toxic work culture
- Smooth operation of process and documentation of events.

- Learnt that stress is better handled in a calm productive matter, assess and produce an outcome out of the situation.

- Communication, open and documented.

- Various challenges involving process and management of ancillary service knowing that other departments within the factory a reliant on you.

- Working in a work environment where there seems to be some solidarity within the union.
Pros
Competitive salary, strong union.
Cons
Large annual hours, change in company structure.
Over 100 drivers in our transport depot split into 3 rosters 3x days, 3x nights, 3x days off. Every day is different which is good. Our trucks run 24/7 so getting good shift partners is vital as 3 drivers share the same truck. The culture at work has changed over the last 5 yrs from being more friendly environment to corporate and uncaring due to the new management structure. H/S and ACC has a lot to do with this change where now we have to follow painted walk ways, guardrail with gates paths ways and crossings, we have to wear safety glasses around in all Fonterra factories and depots which has created the "safety glasses police" if you forget to put them on.
Management wants us to follow path ways and suppress individuality and when you challenge their decisions they say there's the gate if you don't like it. The latest is we are not allowed to wear slip on boots, a decision made by some one who doesn't wear boots but makes the law with no consultation with the people that wear work boots.
Pros
$32.70 p/h, super-$1.50 to my $1.00, free medical, union, holidays.
Cons
Night shift, shift work
Enjoyed being part of a team and learning how to run the wrap machine co-workers were helpful in every department. It was fun and enjoyable learning other parts of the work place.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
no cons
i do 12hour shifts,
i have enjoyed my job,the people,the work,

i operate machines that pack and wrap butter,its a manual job where we pull the machines apart and clean them and put them back together for production..