Fonterra Employee Reviews for Packer

Productive,fun,
PRODUCTION PACKER (Former Employee) –  Mount Wellington, Auckland5 March 2017
My favourite job!! Had a blast here money was great , loads of benefits that I really enjoyed. They not only look after you but your family as well. My daily job would consist of packing ice cream . Would vary , we'd be in teams of 5,12 and others. THreading ice cream containers or cones into the machines it'll then come through to the other side where another team would pack into boxes or small packaging. Fast pace packing, routine checks and thorough cleaning throughout the factory. Wearing protective gear as well for health and safety
Pros
Excellent pay/free ice cream to eat during work hours
Cons
No fans in factory
good support to up skill
L5B Packing Operator/L6 Spoc within Dpp2 (Current Employee) –  Whareroa28 January 2017
Is a good stable foundation for someone looking to go far in life and do well...they are very good at up skilling workers to be better at what they do and the super scheme is second to none...
Pros
good money
Cons
shift work, long hours
very happy and fun place to work in
pro packer (Former Employee) –  elthem7 September 2013
every day was almost the same the people where great and the leaders looked after there workers .very happy
Pros
i loved the food there
Cons
long hours well worked
Productive workplace
level 3 Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Stirling South Otago27 June 2013
On day shift would arrive at 4.20 am talk with team go in to towers at 4.40 for change over about 5ish one of the three team members would go change water in footbaths and do visual checks once completed would do rotation with over team workers until cheese finished then we would all start our cleaning regimine usually about 3 hrs then prepare for cheese to start up process the cheese until nightshift came for change over. When on nights I would arrive at same time except in evening do change over then we would get into rotation right through the night until morning. I learned heaps while I was there logging bag numbers into computer different cheeses and how to handle them. I got on well with the management team and co-workers Stirling is a small plant so is imperitive to gel well. The hardest part of the job would be lifting bag cartiges into tower and learning while processing the cheese. The most enjoyable would be the team you work with have lots of laughs and support.
Pros
four days on four off
Cons
A great company to work with that cares for its employees
Pick and Pack (Current Employee) –  Auckland, Paerata26 June 2013
Usually busy but learned a lot of skills relevant for the job. Those that manage the branch where i work i believe are the best who not only know their duties, but also work along side in a very uplifting manner that make all satisfied.
We, together with all employee always work as a team. Great people.
It was hard at first to work in the chiller but, now is not a problem. Have enjoyed every part of the job.