Fonterra Management reviews

Fantastic Company- Complete package
Business Analyst and SAP Consultant (Former Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland3 April 2018
I enjoyed thoroughly in Fonterra. Out of many few good thing are management they are easily accessible , Sitting arrangement based on mood and intensity of work, they are separate arrangement like focus area, sea side area and anyone can sit anywhere. Respect and value each other in the diversified environment. Most importantly they have separate praying area for muslims which is very rear to see in NZ .

I love to go back and work again in Fonterra:)
Draining Work Environment
Tower Operator (Former Employee) –  Waikato13 February 2018
Very little regard for work culture or the well-being of workers in general. Communication between management and employees had a lot of room for improvement.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Long hours, ineffective communication, toxic work culture
great place to work
Process Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato5 December 2017
multicultural
team coordination and the great place to work
health and safety play a major role.
management and training gives a great pleasure and knowledgeable
No sleep no social life boooaaaarrrriiinngggg
Tanker driver (Current Employee) –  Pahiatua / Longburn14 July 2017
At fonterra the job is a lie from the add- "better work life balance" No out of a 9 day shift pattern you may get 3 days off one of which you sleep all day. middle day your still a zombie leaving one proper day off out of 9. That's if you aren't called back "call back" in to do your "fair share" of covers.

All the management care about are spread sheets not people. As a tanker driver I drive very tired due to a loop hole in driver hours Fonterra gets you to work 72+ hrs a week due to a 24 hour brake taken between last day and first night shift. But on a plus I can't actually remember being at work last two nights due to severe tiredness.

Fonterra Benifits greatly using sleep deprivation to get a driver to work faster to get home to bed. If you don't rush take your time (as instructed by driver trainer) you are micro managed and constantly called to explain why you finish last ever night. The management remind you you don't have to be here. But most my collages are stuck due to mortgage comitments, and no other well paid jobs around.

The first year was interesting but after that job is boring. No challenges at all. If computer brakes down job becomes interesting due to brain usage.

Your rarelly dealing with customers just farm workers normally resentfull as you get paid twice their salary .

Yes there is a union. Management always brake the union agreement trying to manipulate new workers "temps " who don't know there rights. This culture can only be encouraged from the very top.

I still work at fonterra as a tanker driver but will leave promptly after 5 years
  more... to ensure I receive the company's superannuation contribution.  less
Pros
Well paid (due a huge pay rise soon I feel)
Cons
Boring dangerous tiresome
Stable place to work with Great people.
Freezer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mt Wellington Auckland10 January 2017
I enjoyed my 32 years at Tip Top. I left only to start a new life with my wife in Tauranga so took the chance to move on.
If not for another restructure I would still be there.
Pros
People
Cons
Stress and Demands from management.
Engaged workplace.
L7 Supervising Operator (Current Employee) –  Hawera, Taranaki9 June 2016
- Smooth operation of process and documentation of events.

- Learnt that stress is better handled in a calm productive matter, assess and produce an outcome out of the situation.

- Communication, open and documented.

- Various challenges involving process and management of ancillary service knowing that other departments within the factory a reliant on you.

- Working in a work environment where there seems to be some solidarity within the union.
Pros
Competitive salary, strong union.
Cons
Large annual hours, change in company structure.
produtive & great people
Finail product sampler (Current Employee) –  Te Awamutu, Waikato29 April 2016
learn something new every day
supportive team
opportunity to work in different areas
kept motivated
advantages to learn new skills
management always willing & supportive
Pros
good breaks
Cons
A great Company to work for
I have been employed at Fonterra for almost 13 years. The company has allowed me to train and develop my skills in many areas.
Pros
Flexible, work life balance, work with great people
Cons
Unstable, poor management
12hr shifts feel like 5hrs!
L4 Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NZ11 October 2015
Non stop work but never too hard on the body. Always well looked after. Lots of training given and management were always looking to up-skill all of their staff. Brilliant company to work for. If I was not planning on moving back to Christchurch at the time, i would have stayed there for a very long time!
Pros
Salary, training, benefits and job advancement.
productive & fun
Final Product Sampler (Current Employee) –  Te Awamutu,9 August 2015
Learn heaps with surport great bunch of people
advantages within company to upskill into different roles
management are always helpful and pass on relevent information
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
12 hour days
Productive place to work and lots of get together that they put on,so all staff could get together.
Purchasing and Inventory Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Te-Awamutu New Zealand11 June 2015
Very Productive and very family friendly ,if you needed time off for family things they would help in anyway they could.I had been with the company 30 years,and if you needed to learn new responsibilities training was always given.Management always work with the staff ,as to make a happy work place.Co-workers happy and friendy and got on most of the time.Miss-understanding was the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable was the job itself .
Pros
Time off if needed
Cons
long hours sometimes
Good place to work good friendly staff
trainer/operator (Former Employee) –  Eltham, N10 August 2014
typical day at work was go in do your job help others.Every day you learned new skills if you prepared to help others.Management was ok but needed to listen to workers more and co-workers good to get on with and enjoyed a joke.The hardest part of the job was getting your breaks if the work load was busy.The enjoyable part of the job was helping others and showing them new skills.
Pros
good super scheme is offered
Cons
management not listening to staff and canteen hrs
Changing Culture.
TANKER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  FONTERRA, Te Awamutu10 July 2014
Over 100 drivers in our transport depot split into 3 rosters 3x days, 3x nights, 3x days off. Every day is different which is good. Our trucks run 24/7 so getting good shift partners is vital as 3 drivers share the same truck. The culture at work has changed over the last 5 yrs from being more friendly environment to corporate and uncaring due to the new management structure. H/S and ACC has a lot to do with this change where now we have to follow painted walk ways, guardrail with gates paths ways and crossings, we have to wear safety glasses around in all Fonterra factories and depots which has created the "safety glasses police" if you forget to put them on.
Management wants us to follow path ways and suppress individuality and when you challenge their decisions they say there's the gate if you don't like it. The latest is we are not allowed to wear slip on boots, a decision made by some one who doesn't wear boots but makes the law with no consultation with the people that wear work boots.
Pros
$32.70 p/h, super-$1.50 to my $1.00, free medical, union, holidays.
Cons
Night shift, shift work
love it
Senior Operator Level (Former Employee) –  Longburn, N7 May 2014
12 shift star with tool box meeting learn about any problems during the last shift management style is good co workers good hardest part of the job 6 and 3 enjoyable part the team work
Pros
Awesome work place and people, safe inviorment
Cons
just one thing 6 on and 3 off killer but do enjoy 4 x4
an ongoing learning experience
Ingredient Data Entry and Out Bound Product (Former Employee) –  Kaikoura,7 March 2014
At Fonterra I enjoyed the team environment and interacting with other departments.
Management supported and encouraged me to further my knowledge and skill base.
productive work place
Process operator (Former Employee) –  Eltham Taranaki19 February 2014
a typical day at work is making sure that you are working in a clean environment and to be aware of the dangers around you.

I learnt that although the job given may seem easy you should always take any job serious no matter how big or small.

management always made sure that the workers were happy where they were and always asked workers where they can make the work place better for them both.

the hardest part of the job was to get used to the shift work.

the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that every line and everyone was running smoothly and how everyone helped each other.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and Fun Workplace
Purchasing and Supply Officer (Former Employee) –  Hawera, N9 November 2013
Excellent place to work. Fantastic Management and lots of incentives
Good working envoronment as well as good people
Q.C / General Hand (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, Tokoroa22 October 2013
After shown safety procedures of certain jobs in factory, you were left with co-workers most of the day to do own work, so learning different jobs became easier, as workers were easy to get along with. Management were always on hand if needed. The hardest part of the job would have been putting on p.p.e gear. Enjoyable part of the job was probably pay day.
Pros
Meeting good people
Productive workplace
level 3 Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Stirling South Otago27 June 2013
On day shift would arrive at 4.20 am talk with team go in to towers at 4.40 for change over about 5ish one of the three team members would go change water in footbaths and do visual checks once completed would do rotation with over team workers until cheese finished then we would all start our cleaning regimine usually about 3 hrs then prepare for cheese to start up process the cheese until nightshift came for change over. When on nights I would arrive at same time except in evening do change over then we would get into rotation right through the night until morning. I learned heaps while I was there logging bag numbers into computer different cheeses and how to handle them. I got on well with the management team and co-workers Stirling is a small plant so is imperitive to gel well. The hardest part of the job would be lifting bag cartiges into tower and learning while processing the cheese. The most enjoyable would be the team you work with have lots of laughs and support.
Pros
four days on four off
fonterra
health&safety Rep (Former Employee) –  paerata8 July 2012
I really enjoyed working at fonterra the team work there was amazing
the work in general was very challenging,
a huge learning experience for me,
the hardest part of the job was the multitasking
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning different cultures
the management were very supportive of my goals
Pros
team social events
Cons
yes long hrs were very rewarding for the pay packet