Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Management reviews

New Zealand129 reviews
I wouldn't change anything about my experience there. typical Day at work would be aiming for improving any downtime, on machinery, I leaned alot from multi-tasking across all shifts.
Management became engaged more on the floor, this was the culture,
The hardest part of my job was taking my job too serious instead . But I enjoyed coming into work and knowing every day is different.
Excellent team spirit here with a lot of help given by the more experienced drivers along with management.
Good planning with daily briefs that include all those involved with the tasks of the day, well informed, well supported, fantastic equipment an environment that has been difficult to replace.
Great team, training, company culture and growth opportunities. Fonterra have great management programmes in place to further develop yourselves and /or your employees. Continuous improvement and openness to learn and improve your performance, wider business process and procedure is essential. We also completed an annual employee engegement survey where you can voice any concerns you may have.
Great place to work. Great people, supportive management. Lots of opportunties to learn. Fast paced. Really enjoyed working with a number of different teams across Fonterra business units.
Good place to work. Good people. Room for career development. Approachable Management. Good benefits. Helpful Union. Very good Super scheme. Will miss working there.
Fonterra brands Tip Top is a great place to work for, the management and the culture there is amazing. Health & Safety will be highly rated as well as the quality in the company. I've learnt a lot where we do a lot of trainings. The hardest part of the job was leaving my position.
Pros
free breakfast once a month. Bbqs
I enjoyed thoroughly in Fonterra. Out of many few good thing are management they are easily accessible , Sitting arrangement based on mood and intensity of work, they are separate arrangement like focus area, sea side area and anyone can sit anywhere. Respect and value each other in the diversified environment. Most importantly they have separate praying area for muslims which is very rear to see in NZ .

I love to go back and work again in Fonterra:)
Very little regard for work culture or the well-being of workers in general. Communication between management and employees had a lot of room for improvement.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
Long hours, ineffective communication, toxic work culture
multicultural
team coordination and the great place to work

health and safety play a major role.

management and training gives a great pleasure and knowledgeable
At fonterra the job is a lie from the add- "better work life balance" No out of a 9 day shift pattern you may get 3 days off one of which you sleep all day. middle day your still a zombie leaving one proper day off out of 9. That's if you aren't called back "call back" in to do your "fair share" of covers.

All the management care about are spread sheets not people. As a tanker driver I drive very tired due to a loop hole in driver hours Fonterra gets you to work 72+ hrs a week due to a 24 hour brake taken between last day and first night shift. But on a plus I can't actually remember being at work last two nights due to severe tiredness.

Fonterra Benifits greatly using sleep deprivation to get a driver to work faster to get home to bed. If you don't rush take your time (as instructed by driver trainer) you are micro managed and constantly called to explain why you finish last ever night. The management remind you you don't have to be here. But most my collages are stuck due to mortgage comitments, and no other well paid jobs around.

The first year was interesting but after that job is boring. No challenges at all. If computer brakes down job becomes interesting due to brain usage.

Your rarelly dealing with customers just farm workers normally resentfull as you get paid twice their salary .

Yes there is a union. Management always brake the union agreement trying to manipulate new workers "temps " who don't know there rights. This culture can only be encouraged from the very top.

I still work at fonterra as a tanker driver but will leave promptly after 5 years
 - more...
Pros
Well paid (due a huge pay rise soon I feel)
Cons
Boring dangerous tiresome
I enjoyed my 32 years at Tip Top. I left only to start a new life with my wife in Tauranga so took the chance to move on.
If not for another restructure I would still be there.
Pros
People
Cons
Stress and Demands from management.
- Smooth operation of process and documentation of events.

- Learnt that stress is better handled in a calm productive matter, assess and produce an outcome out of the situation.

- Communication, open and documented.

- Various challenges involving process and management of ancillary service knowing that other departments within the factory a reliant on you.

- Working in a work environment where there seems to be some solidarity within the union.
Pros
Competitive salary, strong union.
Cons
Large annual hours, change in company structure.
learn something new every day
supportive team

opportunity to work in different areas

kept motivated

advantages to learn new skills

management always willing & supportive
Pros
good breaks
Cons
I have been employed at Fonterra for almost 13 years. The company has allowed me to train and develop my skills in many areas.
Pros
Flexible, work life balance, work with great people
Cons
Unstable, poor management
Non stop work but never too hard on the body. Always well looked after. Lots of training given and management were always looking to up-skill all of their staff. Brilliant company to work for. If I was not planning on moving back to Christchurch at the time, i would have stayed there for a very long time!
Pros
Salary, training, benefits and job advancement.
Cons
Learn heaps with surport great bunch of people
advantages within company to upskill into different roles

management are always helpful and pass on relevent information
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
12 hour days
Very Productive and very family friendly ,if you needed time off for family things they would help in anyway they could.I had been with the company 30 years,and if you needed to learn new responsibilities training was always given.Management always work with the staff ,as to make a happy work place.Co-workers happy and friendy and got on most of the time.Miss-understanding was the hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable was the job itself .
Pros
Time off if needed
Cons
long hours sometimes
typical day at work was go in do your job help others.Every day you learned new skills if you prepared to help others.Management was ok but needed to listen to workers more and co-workers good to get on with and enjoyed a joke.The hardest part of the job was getting your breaks if the work load was busy.The enjoyable part of the job was helping others and showing them new skills.
Pros
good super scheme is offered
Cons
management not listening to staff and canteen hrs
Over 100 drivers in our transport depot split into 3 rosters 3x days, 3x nights, 3x days off. Every day is different which is good. Our trucks run 24/7 so getting good shift partners is vital as 3 drivers share the same truck. The culture at work has changed over the last 5 yrs from being more friendly environment to corporate and uncaring due to the new management structure. H/S and ACC has a lot to do with this change where now we have to follow painted walk ways, guardrail with gates paths ways and crossings, we have to wear safety glasses around in all Fonterra factories and depots which has created the "safety glasses police" if you forget to put them on.
Management wants us to follow path ways and suppress individuality and when you challenge their decisions they say there's the gate if you don't like it. The latest is we are not allowed to wear slip on boots, a decision made by some one who doesn't wear boots but makes the law with no consultation with the people that wear work boots.
Pros
$32.70 p/h, super-$1.50 to my $1.00, free medical, union, holidays.
Cons
Night shift, shift work
12 shift star with tool box meeting learn about any problems during the last shift management style is good co workers good hardest part of the job 6 and 3 enjoyable part the team work
Pros
Awesome work place and people, safe inviorment
Cons
just one thing 6 on and 3 off killer but do enjoy 4 x4
At Fonterra I enjoyed the team environment and interacting with other departments.
Management supported and encouraged me to further my knowledge and skill base.