Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fonterra Management reviews

New Zealand128 reviews
I wouldn't change anything about my experience there. typical Day at work would be aiming for improving any downtime, on machinery, I leaned alot from multi-tasking across all shifts.
Management became engaged more on the floor, this was the culture,
The hardest part of my job was taking my job too serious instead . But I enjoyed coming into work and knowing every day is different.
a typical day at work is making sure that you are working in a clean environment and to be aware of the dangers around you.

I learnt that although the job given may seem easy you should always take any job serious no matter how big or small.

management always made sure that the workers were happy where they were and always asked workers where they can make the work place better for them both.

the hardest part of the job was to get used to the shift work.

the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure that every line and everyone was running smoothly and how everyone helped each other.
Pros
free lunch
Excellent place to work. Fantastic Management and lots of incentives
After shown safety procedures of certain jobs in factory, you were left with co-workers most of the day to do own work, so learning different jobs became easier, as workers were easy to get along with. Management were always on hand if needed. The hardest part of the job would have been putting on p.p.e gear. Enjoyable part of the job was probably pay day.
Pros
Meeting good people
Cons
On day shift would arrive at 4.20 am talk with team go in to towers at 4.40 for change over about 5ish one of the three team members would go change water in footbaths and do visual checks once completed would do rotation with over team workers until cheese finished then we would all start our cleaning regimine usually about 3 hrs then prepare for cheese to start up process the cheese until nightshift came for change over. When on nights I would arrive at same time except in evening do change over then we would get into rotation right through the night until morning. I learned heaps while I was there logging bag numbers into computer different cheeses and how to handle them. I got on well with the management team and co-workers Stirling is a small plant so is imperitive to gel well. The hardest part of the job would be lifting bag cartiges into tower and learning while processing the cheese. The most enjoyable would be the team you work with have lots of laughs and support.
Pros
four days on four off
Cons
I really enjoyed working at fonterra the team work there was amazing
the work in general was very challenging,

a huge learning experience for me,

the hardest part of the job was the multitasking

the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning different cultures

the management were very supportive of my goals
Pros
team social events
Cons
yes long hrs were very rewarding for the pay packet