Fonterra Employee Review

Good pay and reasonable conditions.
Electrical/Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Northland, New Zealand2 April 2013
As with all big companies "politics" can become a bit of a pain, the secret is not to get sucked in. On smaller factories like mine it meant there was no shift cover so an "on call" roster prevailed. So after working a 10.5 hour shift you still have to be available at night and through the weekend, yes there were call outs and we had to use our personal vehicles for this company business, something I strongly disagreed with. I guess you could say staying awake in the 40+ degree heat in the factory after a week on call would be the hardest part of the job, mind you there is always the air con in the control room.
I did enjoy the challenge of the job when I first arrived in 2003, it had been until then under contract maintenance and was in a mess. Maintenance Best Practices, standardisation of equipment and a lot of effort from a new maintenance crew increased the Plant reliability year after year, until the last 2.5 years..........
Pros
good pay and reasonable conditions.
Cons
possible long unpaid hours on call

Other Fonterra Employee Reviews

very productive
Level Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Waitoa, 338010 November 2019
I have really enjoyed working at fonterra. The people are so caring for each other. very friendly team and environment. Hardly no two days are the same.
Good organization
P&S Operational Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 October 2019
Everything is well organized and it has lots of opportunities to work and develop my skills and experiences. Working environment is also good and uselful training is always provided
Pros
Good organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.