Fonterra
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Fonterra Employee Review

Good pay and reasonable conditions.

2 April 2013
As with all big companies "politics" can become a bit of a pain, the secret is not to get sucked in. On smaller factories like mine it meant there was no shift cover so an "on call" roster prevailed. So after working a 10.5 hour shift you still have to be available at night and through the weekend, yes there were call outs and we had to use our personal vehicles for this company business, something I strongly disagreed with. I guess you could say staying awake in the 40+ degree heat in the factory after a week on call would be the hardest part of the job, mind you there is always the air con in the control room.
I did enjoy the challenge of the job when I first arrived in 2003, it had been until then under contract maintenance and was in a mess. Maintenance Best Practices, standardisation of equipment and a lot of effort from a new maintenance crew increased the Plant reliability year after year, until the last 2.5 years..........
Pros
good pay and reasonable conditions.
Cons
possible long unpaid hours on call
13 June 2020
Process Worker (Former Employee) - Taranaki
Overall a very good factory to work. seasonal work. so 10%of laborers are temporary. Difficult to become a permanent employee even after one year.!2 hrs is too long for physical work since it is fast-paced work.
Pros
Moderate wage
Cons
12 Hrs shift
31 May 2020
Fonterra Ltd is a great place to work when it comes to work culture and growth for performers. There are plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies and implement in your job.
19 May 2020
Packer (Former Employee) - Eltham new Zealand
Fonterra was great to work for. Fair a decent work environment. Fair pay. Bosses are great. Great training. Flexible shifts. Just a great company overall