Fonterra Employee Review

No sleep no social life boooaaaarrrriiinngggg
Tanker driver (Current Employee) –  Pahiatua / Longburn14 July 2017
At fonterra the job is a lie from the add- "better work life balance" No out of a 9 day shift pattern you may get 3 days off one of which you sleep all day. middle day your still a zombie leaving one proper day off out of 9. That's if you aren't called back "call back" in to do your "fair share" of covers.

All the management care about are spread sheets not people. As a tanker driver I drive very tired due to a loop hole in driver hours Fonterra gets you to work 72+ hrs a week due to a 24 hour brake taken between last day and first night shift. But on a plus I can't actually remember being at work last two nights due to severe tiredness.

Fonterra Benifits greatly using sleep deprivation to get a driver to work faster to get home to bed. If you don't rush take your time (as instructed by driver trainer) you are micro managed and constantly called to explain why you finish last ever night. The management remind you you don't have to be here. But most my collages are stuck due to mortgage comitments, and no other well paid jobs around.

The first year was interesting but after that job is boring. No challenges at all. If computer brakes down job becomes interesting due to brain usage.

Your rarelly dealing with customers just farm workers normally resentfull as you get paid twice their salary .

Yes there is a union. Management always brake the union agreement trying to manipulate new workers "temps " who don't know there rights. This culture can only be encouraged from the very top.

I still work at fonterra as a tanker driver but will leave promptly after 5 years
  more... to ensure I receive the company's superannuation contribution.  less
Pros
Well paid (due a huge pay rise soon I feel)
Cons
Boring dangerous tiresome

Other Fonterra Employee Reviews

Hours in years of being there changed 3 times
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland18 January 2020
Working at Fonterra was brilliant my years being there really whanauxx culture. Hours were good they worked in well with my children. I was 2ic only 3years I was a pick packer forkhoist driver working night shift and days
very productive
Level Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Waitoa, 338010 November 2019
I have really enjoyed working at fonterra. The people are so caring for each other. very friendly team and environment. Hardly no two days are the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fonterra. Our community is ready to answer.